please BUMP: the baking soda thread

anniev2

With the search function being down...please help.

There was a baking soda thread where CenteredGirl was discussing the concoction for natural and using baking soda to clarify, loosen curl and decrease frizz. Does someone have that bookmarked or subscribed? If so, please bump and/or send a link.

Mucho gracias!

Hey Sam :wave:

When the search feature is down, google always works. You can also search this way: "baking soda site:longhaircareforum.com". That way it only searches this site.

I love baking soda. It's the only thing I use to clean my hair and scalp. I usually take a nalgene type bottle, put a palmful of baking soda in and fill it up with warm water. When I'm in the shower I separate my hair so I can pour it directly on my scalp (if you use a bottle with a nozzle this part is easier). Then I massage it in with my fingers. After that I just pour the rest over my head and squeeze it through. Last, I rinse.

It cleans my hair perfectly without stripping it and leaves my hair soft. And, I'm really starting to believe it does make my curls more defined (and maybe a little elongated). But that also could be because my hair is so much more moisturized than before I started my hair journey.

You should try it, you might like it.

Hey Sam :wave:

When the search feature is down, google always works. You can also search this way: "baking soda site:longhaircareforum.com". That way it only searches this site.

I love baking soda. It's the only thing I use to clean my hair and scalp. I usually take a nalgene type bottle, put a palmful of baking soda in and fill it up with warm water. When I'm in the shower I separate my hair so I can pour it directly on my scalp (if you use a bottle with a nozzle this part is easier). Then I massage it in with my fingers. After that I just pour the rest over my head and squeeze it through. Last, I rinse.

It cleans my hair perfectly without stripping it and leaves my hair soft. And, I'm really starting to believe it does make my curls more defined (and maybe a little elongated). But that also could be because my hair is so much more moisturized than before I started my hair journey.

You should try it, you might like it.

Hey Sweets!:kiss:

I only use BS for clarifying - but many folks use it as their regular shampoo.

Currently has BS treatment on head as we speak lol. I used a diff conditioner so hopefully my results are the same lol. The new treatment smelled like grapes lol good enough to eat. Anyway sorry for the semi hijack.

Currently has BS treatment on head as we speak lol. I used a diff conditioner so hopefully my results are the same lol. The new treatment smelled like grapes lol good enough to eat. Anyway sorry for the semi hijack.

no worries, i do it all the time.

Back