PinkSkates hair at the Academy Awards

How awesome!!!!

She said she was a stand-in for Halle Berry because of her size.

What exactly does a stand-in at the Oscars do?

she looks great.

i too am a little confused at what a stand in does. if her dress was a duplicate, i think i may be better able to comprehend.

How awesome!!!!

They sub for the actors in the seats incase the actor leaves the room. When the camera pans out, you can't have empty seats showing.

You do have to have the same skin tone, hair colour, height and build as the actor, not just a seat filler.

They sub for the actors in the seats incase the actor leaves the room. When the camera pans out, you can't have empty seats showing.

You do have to have the same skin tone, hair colour, height and build as the actor, not just a seat filler.

Thank you. She certainly a good candidate for a stand in for Halle :yep:

How awesome!!!!

The stand-ins do all of the stage rehearsals. The oscars is a big TV production. And if you are lucky enough like pinkskates was, you get to actually attend and hob knob with the A-listers.

zenith
Thanks for explaining that for me, because I was like "huh? what is a "stand-in"?"
Do they get paid? :)

Dang, I wanna be a stand-in! Any famous ladies out there reading this, I'm here for y'all.

I want to be amidst the stars, dahlings! :reddancer:

:rofl:

COOL:dork:..I never knew that:blush:, i too want to be a stand in!!!! That is like the best job in the world, to bad you only get paid once:grin:

my friend's SO is an actor and he was a stand in for don cheadle's recent movie.
But I wasn't under the impression that they were so strict for stand-ins at award ceremonies. just on film/tv/production

Dang, I wanna be a stand-in! Any famous ladies out there reading this, I'm here for y'all.

I want to be amidst the stars, dahlings! :reddancer:

:rofl:

I think her brother is an assistant coach in the NFL. So she definitely may be in the in crowd.

I think her brother is an assistant coach in the NFL. So she definitely may be in the in crowd.

Yep he sure is. She congratulated him on Twitter when the Steelers won the AFC and made it to the Superbowl. I met PinkSkates once at a big skate party she threw. Her and her hubby were treated like celebs.

Back