"Pill free" Hair Vitamin Regimen Anyone?

talata

I hope there are more of u out there like me…

I REEEEEEALY suck at this pill popping business (I still can't swallow any pill with water - its got to be juice) and I'm afraid I just may fall off the taking of my hair supplements any day now.

But the supplements have really made a huge difference in my growth rate and the texture of my new growth (I hardly use any topical aides) that I'll do whatever it takes to stick to it.

So here's my plan - find a Liquid or Powder alternative to all or most of my hair supplements and while I'm at it, replace my daily multi as well.

GNC Women's Ultra Mega:
Biotin:
B-Complex:
MSM:
Flaxseed Oil:
Horse Tail - Silica :
Amino Acid Complex:
(Chalky)Calcium tablets:

Any of you Ladies taking a Powder version of any of these? I will be sooo grateful if you wouldn't mindsharing your ideas. Are u taking any other Pow/Liq hair supplements that I haven't listed that you will recommend.

--

Last edited:
Hi well I have that same problem. I tried source multivitamins and really loved them. They have hair vitamins, multivitamin and lemon sleepy time which works great and does not leave you feeling groggy.

I hope this helps.

Green Phyto Based Vitamins & Minerals
I like this one because I can just toss a scoop in my shake and my multi + other nutrients PLUS your GREENS are covered. Click the link, the price for this product is the best on the net and it lasts for ever...I don't know why I went back to pills, I'm just waiting to use them up and then I'm going back. This will cover a lot in your current list, click the link go to the site and read the ingredients... awesome!

ETA: Ladies looking for that extra hair growth boost, ALL ONE has all the aminos in it that you could ask for to support hair growth ... I'm going to place my order.... this replaces about 8 tablets per day for me!!

Supplement Facts
Serving Size:15 g
Servings per Container: 66

Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**
Calories 34
Total Carbohydrates 5g 2
Dietary Fiber 2g 8
Protein 2g
Vitamin A ( As Vitamin A Palmitate) 8000 IU 160
Vitamin A( As Beta Carotene) 6500 IU 130
Vitamin A ( from Kamut) 500 IU 10
Vitamin C 1000mg 1670
Vitamin D2 500 IU 125
Vitamin E 400 IU 1330
Vitamin K 5mcg 6
Thiamine HCI 25mg 1670
Riboflavin 25mg 1470
Niacin 100mg 500
Vitamin B-6 25mg 1250
Folic Acid 400mcg 100
Vitmain B-12 25mcg 420
Biotin 25mcg 10
Pantothenic Acid 100mg 1000
Calcium 1125 110
Iron 9mg 50
Phosphorus 200mg 20
Iodine 180mcg 120
Magnesium 200mg 50
Zinc 15mg 100
Selenium 50mcg 70
Copper 0.2mg 10
Manganese 4mg 200
Chromium 50mcg 40
Molybdenum 50mcg 70
Potassium 100mg 3
Alanine 196mg

Last edited:
GNC Women's Ultra Mega: I take a chewable adults multi - got it from Puritan's Pride
Biotin: I was taking lozenges of these - cherry flavored, dissolves in your mouth. Got it from Whole Foods, Nature's Way brand
B-Complex: Liquid B-Complex, also from PP
MSM: Powerded MSM - add to lemonade, and I can barely taste it, also from PP
Flaxseed Oil: Got straight flaxseed oil from the 'Health Food' section of Kroger (grocery store), keep it in the fridge, add it to smoothies or salad dressings. :lick:
Horse Tail - Silica : I'm pretty sure there is a liquid version of this (or maybe a tea???) but I can't remember where I saw it....
Amino Acid Complex: Haven't seen these in anything other than pills....

Good luck!

I hope there are more of u out there like me…

I REEEEEEALY suck at this pill popping business (I still can't swallow any pill with water - its got to be juice) and I'm afraid I just may fall off the taking of my hair supplements any day now.

But the supplements have really made a huge difference in my growth rate and the texture of my new growth (I hardly use any topical aides) that I'll do whatever it takes to stick to it.

So here's my plan - find a Liquid or Powder alternative to all or most of my hair supplements and while I'm at it, replace my daily multi as well.

GNC Women's Ultra Mega:
Biotin: you may want to add more
B-Complex:
MSM:
Flaxseed Oil:
Horse Tail - Silica :
Amino Acid Complex:

Any of you Ladies taking a Powder version of any of these? I will be sooo grateful if you wouldn't mindsharing your ideas. Are u taking any other Pow/Liq hair supplements that I haven't listed that you will recommend.

--
I take this brand of MSN - I love anything Jarrow, top rated company.
JARROW MSM Sulfur
Manufacturer's Description:
Jarrow Formulas MSM Sulfur is an organic source of bioavailable sulfur, an antioxidant mineral found in major structural molecules of the body such as cartilage. The sulfur from MSM is used to produce glycosaminoglycans (or mucopolysaccharides) such as chondroitin sulfate and dermatan sulfate. These sulfur containing glycosaminoglycans are found in high containing dlycosaminoglycans are found in high concentrations in connective tissue, including joint cartilage, skin and collagen.
Methyl-Sulfonyl-Methane (MSM) (providing 340mg of organic sulfur) 1000mg

P4929.jpg

Jarrow 32 oz Flax Seed Oil

Let's see, ALL ONE covers the bolded, the oil you can get liquid no problem at the same site....
So that leaves just a couple pills

Last edited:
Hi well I have that same problem. I tried source multivitamins and really loved them. They have hair vitamins, multivitamin and lemon sleepy time which works great and does not leave you feeling groggy.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the tip... I just did a search online for Source naturals multi vitamin and what is coming up is mostly the KIDS version (wafers). Is that the one u are refering to?

WOOOOOW!!! I haven't seen any one product pack so much PUNCH. All those amino acids??? Nice!!! I make smoothies almost everyday so this should fit in perfectly. I'll either replace or add it with my Whey powder.

How does it taste?

-

Green Phyto Based Vitamins & Minerals
I like this one because I can just toss a scoop in my shake and my multi + other nutrients PLUS your GREENS are covered. Click the link, the price for this product is the best on the net and it lasts for ever...I don't know why I went back to pills, I'm just waiting to use them up and then I'm going back. This will cover a lot in your current list, click the link go to the site and read the ingredients... awesome!

ETA: Ladies looking for that extra hair growth boost, ALL ONE has all the aminos in it that you could ask for to support hair growth ... I'm going to place my order.... this replaces about 8 tablets per day for me!!

Supplement Facts
Serving Size:15 g
Servings per Container: 66

Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**
Calories 34
Total Carbohydrates 5g 2
Dietary Fiber 2g 8
Protein 2g
Vitamin A ( As Vitamin A Palmitate) 8000 IU 160
Vitamin A( As Beta Carotene) 6500 IU 130
Vitamin A ( from Kamut) 500 IU 10
Vitamin C 1000mg 1670
Vitamin D2 500 IU 125
Vitamin E 400 IU 1330
Vitamin K 5mcg 6
Thiamine HCI 25mg 1670
Riboflavin 25mg 1470
Niacin 100mg 500
Vitamin B-6 25mg 1250
Folic Acid 400mcg 100
Vitmain B-12 25mcg 420
Biotin 25mcg 10
Pantothenic Acid 100mg 1000
Calcium 1125 110
Iron 9mg 50
Phosphorus 200mg 20
Iodine 180mcg 120
Magnesium 200mg 50
Zinc 15mg 100
Selenium 50mcg 70
Copper 0.2mg 10
Manganese 4mg 200
Chromium 50mcg 40
Molybdenum 50mcg 70
Potassium 100mg 3
Alanine 196mg

WOOOOOW!!! I haven't seen any one product pack so much PUNCH. All those amino acids??? Nice!!! I make smoothies almost everyday so this should fit in perfectly. I'll either replace or add it with my Whey powder.

How does it taste?

-
I got your MSN, the best on the market and your Flax Seed oil too :clap: See I had this problem before so I already did the research for ya!!

I don't mix it in plain water (might not be bad??), I can't tell the taste in a smoothie, that's how I mix mine or I mix it in grapefruit juice.... I don't mind the taste at all. :yep:

I'm questioning the quality of all vitamins and supplements lately. I learned most are made in China from god knows what, so I'm on a "pill free" regimen, but it involved changing my diet. The vitamins we're searching for are in the foods most of us avoid eating.

I'm questioning the quality of all vitamins and supplements lately. I learned most are made in China from god knows what, so I'm on a "pill free" regimen, but it involved changing my diet. The vitamins we're searching for are in the foods most of us avoid eating.
I agree with you to a certain extent about ideally getting the nutrients from foods. However I can't do it. I have gone with out vitamins and supplements and suffered for it. They work for me and that's why I only recommend certain Companies like Jarrow who I know make high quality products, the other is Alta Silica.

It's like anything else, there are no absolutes and we all have to find what works for us as individuals.

Thanks so much. Here I was thinking I could never find a "Non Swallow" alternative for Biotin. I just found it online for only $4.29 @ Vitacost.com

GNC Women's Ultra Mega: I take a chewable adults multi - got it from Puritan's Pride
Biotin: I was taking lozenges of these - cherry flavored, dissolves in your mouth. Got it from Whole Foods, Nature's Way brand
B-Complex: Liquid B-Complex, also from PP
MSM: Powerded MSM - add to lemonade, and I can barely taste it, also from PP
Flaxseed Oil: Got straight flaxseed oil from the 'Health Food' section of Kroger (grocery store), keep it in the fridge, add it to smoothies or salad dressings. :lick:
Horse Tail - Silica : I'm pretty sure there is a liquid version of this (or maybe a tea???) but I can't remember where I saw it....
Amino Acid Complex: Haven't seen these in anything other than pills....

Good luck!

I got your MSN, the best on the market and your Flax Seed oil too :clap: See I had this problem before so I already did the research for ya!!

I don't mix it in plain water (might not be bad??), I can't tell the taste in a smoothie, that's how I mix mine or I mix it in grapefruit juice.... I don't mind the taste at all. :yep:

You sure have... I just noticed the All One Powder also contains the max daily recommendation for calcium which is really great. And 1000mg of Vitamin C, and 400mg Vitamin E(my skin will love that)... I love it mostly for the Amino Acid complex in there. I've seen a few good Multis but none so far have been this loaded. U are such a god sent!

Now if only I can find another option for the SILICA. Yeah I know, I started off wanting to replace most off the Pills but now I think I'll shoot to ALL.:grin:

IMAGINE A LIFE WITH NO PILLS TO POP and still grow LONG BEAUTIFUL HAIR. :rolleyes:mmmmmmmmmm... Oh I want some of that.

---

Last edited:
Interesting. Now if only they came in liquid or powder form.

----

I open 'em up and dump 'em in some organic veggie juice...doesn't dissolve but I don't need to swallow a pill...

Just info to file away if anyone is interested....

You sure have... I just noticed the All One Powder also contains the max daily recommendation for calcium which is really great. And 1000mg of Vitamin C, and 400mg Vitamin E(my skin will love that)... I love it mostly for the Amino Acid complex in there. I've seen a few good Multis but none so far have been this loaded. U are such a god sent!

Now if only I can find another option for the SILICA. Yeah I know, I started off wanting to replace most off the Pills but now I think I'll shoot to ALL.:grin:

IMAGINE A LIFE WITH NO PILLS TO POP and still grow LONG BEAUTIFUL HAIR. :rolleyes:mmmmmmmmmm... Oh I want some of that.

---
That ALL ONE is the bomb, the aminos taken over time had an unexpected benefit for me of elevating my moods, and lifting the head fog.... I really think this is one of the better products on the market in terms of the best balance of nutrients. It's definatley worth a try.

girl i've BEEN on liquid vitamins, you ain't know? :lachen:

but i'll join the thread cuz i'm not in the habit of taking vits every day like i should be... :look:

Just found this too... It contains the same awesome ingredients as the Green Phyto version - minus the greens, plus Fruit antioxidants. I think it will be great to get the two together and alternate daily between them.

All One Nutritech Powder Multiple Vitamins & Minerals - Fruit Antioxidant Formula

052534500013.jpg

Which one have you been taking, Ladylibra?

just bought another bottle yesterday, here's what it looks like:

011-1.jpg

yes it still has the price tag on it, LOL. it says to take 2 tablespoons a day, but a lot of the nutrients are 200% DV so i just take 1 tablespoon a day. this way it lasts me 2 months instead of 1, so i can kinda justify paying the high price for it. plus it's yummy :lick: and is totally vegan for those of you who care about that stuff (i buy it from an indie health food store).

Just found this too... It contains the same awesome ingredients as the Green Phyto version - minus the greens, plus Fruit antioxidants. I think it will be great to get the two together and alternate daily between them.

All One Nutritech Powder Multiple Vitamins & Minerals - Fruit Antioxidant Formula

052534500013.jpg
That is an excellent idea, and I am going to do that very thing when I run out of the Regular ALL ONE I believe in switching up to make sure you cover your nutiritonal bases.

All Star Health offeres both products for a bit cheaper than VitaCost, plus since I buy so much stuff from AllStar, they offer me a discount when I refer friends...So if you don't mind, Please purchase all your products from www.AllStarHealth.com for a better price and to help a sista out who spends ALL her money over there!! LOLOLOL :laugh:

Fruit Anitoxidant Formula Vitamins & Minerals and Aminos

Last edited:
Mmmm, nice colorful bottle. Is it just me or does the look of the bottle motivate anyone else to take their vitamins more regularly:blush: :grin:?

I'm going to check out the ingredients for this. Is this one you are taking the berry flavored one?

097467309555.jpg

just bought another bottle yesterday, here's what it looks like:

011-1.jpg

yes it still has the price tag on it, LOL. it says to take 2 tablespoons a day, but a lot of the nutrients are 200% DV so i just take 1 tablespoon a day. this way it lasts me 2 months instead of 1, so i can kinda justify paying the high price for it. plus it's yummy :lick: and is totally vegan for those of you who care about that stuff (i buy it from an indie health food store).

Mmmm, nice colorful bottle. Is it just me or does the look of the bottle motivate anyone else to take their vitamins more regularly:blush: :grin:?

I'm going to check out the ingredients for this. Is this one you are taking the berry flavored one?

097467309555.jpg

yeah... your bottle has some extra wording though. what's it say? :look:

That is an excellent idea, and I am going to do that very thing when I run out of the Regular ALL ONE I believe in switching up to make sure you cover your nutiritonal bases.

All Star Health offeres both products for a bit cheaper than VitaCost, plus since I buy so much stuff from AllStar, they offer me a discount when I refer friends...So if you don't mind, Please purchase all your products from www.AllStarHealth.com for a better price and to help a sista out who spends ALL her money over there!! LOLOLOL :laugh:

Fruit Anitoxidant Formula Vitamins & Minerals and Aminos

You're right. It is cheaper from All Star - that's a first - I always found that vitacost had cheaper prices done most stores.

Anyways, I'll get this one from All star than. Thanks girl!

-

yeah... your bottle has some extra wording though. what's it say? :look:

Just pulled that photo off the internet. Can't really tell what it says.

I found the list of ingredients though. Looks like it will be a great LIQUID option for my daily multi.

Vitamin A (as palmitate)10000 IU200%
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)500 mg833%
Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol)100 IU25%
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate)100 IU333%
Vitamin K (as Phytonadione)150 mcg188%
Thiamin (vitamin B-1) (as thiamine HCI)50 mg3333%
Riboflavin (vitamin B-2)50 mg2941%
Niacin (as niacinamide)50 mg250%
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)50 mg2500%
Folate (as folic acid)800 mcg200%
Vitamin B-12 (as cyanocobalamin)200 mcg3333%
Biotin300 mcg100%
Pantothenic Acid (as calcium pantothenate)60 mg600%
Calcium (as citrate complex)100 mg10%
Iron (as aminoate complex)4.5 mg25%
Iodine (as potassium iodide)150 mcg100%
Magnesium (as citrate)250 mg63%
Zinc (as gluconate)15 mg100%
Selenium (as amino acid complex)100 mcg143%
Copper (as aminoate complex/chlorophyllin)1 mg50%
Manganese (as gluconate)2 mg100%
Chromium (as polynicotinate)120 mcg100%
Molybdenum (as aminoate complex)50 mcg67%

Just pulled that photo off the internet. Can't really tell what it says.

I found the list of ingredients though. Looks like it will be a great LIQUID option for my daily multi.

Vitamin A (as palmitate)10000 IU200%
Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)500 mg833%
Vitamin D (as ergocalciferol)100 IU25%
Vitamin E (as d-alpha tocopheryl acetate)100 IU333%
Vitamin K (as Phytonadione)150 mcg188%
Thiamin (vitamin B-1) (as thiamine HCI)50 mg3333%
Riboflavin (vitamin B-2)50 mg2941%
Niacin (as niacinamide)50 mg250%
Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl)50 mg2500%
Folate (as folic acid)800 mcg200%
Vitamin B-12 (as cyanocobalamin)200 mcg3333%
Biotin300 mcg100%
Pantothenic Acid (as calcium pantothenate)60 mg600%
Calcium (as citrate complex)100 mg10%
Iron (as aminoate complex)4.5 mg25%
Iodine (as potassium iodide)150 mcg100%
Magnesium (as citrate)250 mg63%
Zinc (as gluconate)15 mg100%
Selenium (as amino acid complex)100 mcg143%
Copper (as aminoate complex/chlorophyllin)1 mg50%
Manganese (as gluconate)2 mg100%
Chromium (as polynicotinate)120 mcg100%
Molybdenum (as aminoate complex)50 mcg67%

yep it is. i only take half what they recommend and it keeps me feelin great. :yep:

Back