Pictures Really Do Help To See Progress!

Fine 4s

I hadn't been doing what I was suppose to do this year but whatever it was worked so I can't wait to see what 2016 will bring. Here's one of the best comp pics that I have. The left is from December 2014 and the right side is today. I will be trimming a couple inches off and my next trim might be in June.
I have tons of single strand knots.
The other pic is of shrinkage.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    403.5 KB · Views: 470
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    338.4 KB · Views: 415
Last edited:
@grow I can't say for sure but I don't use heat, don't WnGs and mainly do protective styling. I only do 'out' styles when I go out or on special occasions which is less than 10 times per year. I haven't been DC-ing regularly and my moisture levels are not great at all. So I guess the answer is protective styling.

You know what's sad....I still don't believe the pic and doubt the progress! I keep thinking, maybe my head was leaning back or maybe the second pic was a better blow out?
Idk...I can't wait for 2016 assuming I don't hit the dreaded 'terminal length' if that really exists...or that resting phase.

Last edited:
@grow I can't say for sure but I don't use heat, don't WnGs and mainly do protective styling. I only do 'out' styles when I go out or on special occasions which is less than 10 times per year. I haven't been DC-ing regularly and my moisture levels are not great at all. So I guess the answer is protective styling.

Same as me except I may wear my hair out more than 10 times a year, if even that.

Nice progress @Fine 4s ! What protective styles do you do? And how often do you redo the protective style?

Buns:
Low-After a twist out, the hair is tangled and bunched up and remains that way for a good 3 weeks. I just don't wanna be bothered with it. I'll spray with water or throw some Vo5 on it to get it to lay down more. I haven't washed, DCed and did a bun in a while. Buns seem to be a secondary style these days. I try to pull the hair completely through the scrunchi but a few times I fail, it happens. The best is to braid the ends and pin them.
High-a high bun works better for the shape of my head so I'll move it up sometimes. But probably not after a knotted and tangled twist out because the hair is puffy in the crown area. I'd have to wet it to get it to lay down. I don't like wet hair.

Crochet:
This year I kept in some crochet braids for about 6 weeks I believe?

Twists:
I don't refresh them as often as I did when I first started caring for my hair. I use to wash, DC and re twist every week. Now, I might twist and leave it be for weeks on end before I wash and DC again. I'll try to do it more often because it helped with moisture retention and avoiding SSKs. Sometimes I'll do a combo of twists in front and bun in back.

Twist and tuck:
I just started doing this style this year. Twist the sides because I can't flat twist and pin up the back. Twist and tuck the twists is another style within a style.

None of these styles are cute at all! Im very blah and all my hairstyles stay on this head for days. On accession I'll go to a salon for a flat twist style or updo. I'll try and post my styles but they are so boring or not cute that they simply won't inspire anyone lol!

Here are some examples of pics I found in my phone through out the year. A pin up twist out, a regular bun, a high bun with kid kapri in the background, a horrible twist out (the one with the black hair scarfing the front, chunky twists with DC in them which I'd just pin back to form a bun. That's mostly my year.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.2 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
@MileHighDiva
Why are you cutting two inches off? I think I read that in another thread.[/QUOTE]
I have too many SSKs, see through ends etc.
I'm not sure how much I cut off to be honest but it's not that noticeable.
And I'm probably going to dust in March and in the meanwhile protect the ends as much as I can.
February might be a salon flat twist style so I don't have to bother much with it.

I totally thought of you all....
But see @Miss617 It's always a hot mess though. We need to coordinate them around my yearly blowouts LOL
((hugs)) hope you're well and warm!

Back