Pics: wet or dry? and why?

Wet or Dry?

• I take my pics with dry hair

Votes: 105 86.1%
  • I take my pics with wet hair

Votes: 17 13.9%

• Total voters

Caramela

When you show us your hair progress pictures, do you take them wet or dry? And why do you use the method you use? Which do you think shows your *true* length better? Just curious. I can partially understand why a natural-head would show length pics on wet hair, but don't understand why a relaxed-head would show wet pics. I may be missing something though. Thoughts?

TIA.

The poll doesn't have my option. I just started taking these length pics, and I've been taking them while pulling on a piece of hair. So for me, it doesn't matter really whether my hair is wet or dry.

Dry hair- When my hair is wet the only thing I'm worrying about is rollersetting it, lol. Besides, it'll be just my luck that I drop my phone or camera in the toilet.

from now on im showing my pics with straight hair...even with wet hair and conditoner mixed in my true length still doesnt show :nono:

When I was transitioning, wet pic showed my true length better because I had so much shrinkage when my hair dried.

The poll doesn't have my option. I'm natural and I prefer to take pictures of my hair full of conditioner and then stretching a section. Dry and wet hair pics would be shorter than my actual length.

Good question....

I do both, but mostly wet since I am measuring growth and I am able to see any breakage when it is all straight versus styled and then I have to pull a few hairs down here and there to get a true length check.

This way I can see.

Just my personal preference though.

RZ~

The poll doesn't have my option. I'm natural and I prefer to take pictures of my hair full of conditioner and then stretching a section. Dry and wet hair pics would be shorter than my actual length.

im having a duh momment.. i always wondered why there would be pic of ppl with conditioner in their hair in a alot of natural hair albums. i couldnt figure it out, at first i thought it might have been related to texture. but if that were the case my hair with conditioner would look nothing like my true texture. but now i see......:drunk: except some ppl dont stretch, they just have pics of hair with conditoner .. soo yea... :ohwell:

dry normally,but my hair is wet in the pic in my siggy (im 8wks post)...I like to take pictures dry since i can show the TRUE length of my hair and my hair plus my hair is thicker/fuller when it is dry...I will update that pic, with a dry one, next week after i relax, hoping for full BSL:yep:

dang i didnt even answer the question, lol i usually post picture dry hair, either stretched if i want to show length, or flatironned dry hair. i do post wet hair pics when i receive a request to do so. :)

im having a duh momment.. i always wondered why there would be pic of ppl with conditioner in their hair in a alot of natural hair albums. i couldnt figure it out, at first i thought it might have been related to texture. but if that were the case my hair with conditioner would look nothing like my true texture. but now i see......:drunk: except some ppl dont stretch, they just have pics of hair with conditoner .. soo yea... :ohwell:

The conditioner is just to make my hair 'hang' some more. The thicker the better:spinning:.

Either is fine....

what is ridiculous to me is when a relaxed head will post a pic of herself in the shower while under running water just to show "true" length.

i'm like gtfoohwtbs.....

that's like standing on your tippy toes at the doctor's office just to show your "true" height.

Dry, I think relaxed folx should just wait to their next relaxer if they want to show true length...Now that is just my preference because I like to see comparison shots with dry hair.

Either is fine....

what is ridiculous to me is when a relaxed head will post a pic of herself in the shower while under running water just to show "true" length.

i'm like gtfoohwtbs.....

that's like standing on your tippy toes at the doctor's office just to show your "true" height.
:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Even though I'm transitioning, I always take my length shots with dry hair. I have entirely too much new growth to take them wet (but I plan to do so in the future just to show texture only).

Either is fine....

i'm like gtfoohwtbs.....

LOL :lachen: I'm relaxed (well, 9 weeks post) and my hair is WL in the shower.... but when it's dry it's like MBL... I've never posted a dripping wet pic though. I don't think it's accurate.

I take both. Taking pictures of wet hair is just easier then stretching the hair out with one hand and taking a picture with the other, though the latter shows true length better. I have a variety of pictures for comparison, some wet, some dry.

Wet. I rarely straighten my hair so I want to keep it consistent. The comparison will still be the same even if the true length isn't.

I have too much shrinkage to try progress pics on wet hair.

I do my dry pics every 3 months.

I'll probably do a wet comparison like when I make a year

since that's a milestone but you'd only be able to see texture

difference not length... oh snap my siggy kind of has that

going on.

Either is fine....

i'm like gtfoohwtbs.....

Man am I slooow...I thought those represented dramatic-:bath2:glamour shots :perplexed

Last edited:
Dry

Plus..DH ain't all that thrilled about acquiring the additional job of being my personal photographer :whipgirl:for H-A-I-R :gorgeous: shots only :blush3:

Man am I slooow...I thought those represented dramatic-glamour shots :perplexed
I must be really slooow b/c I still don't get it?The water can't create the illusion of hair being longer than it is..It has to actually stretch to be that long,right?

I use progress pics of when I'm wet because the first pic I took for the purpose was after I had just relaxed my hair so I like to chart the length that way since.
I'm relaxed BTW.

I must be really slooow b/c I still don't get it?The water can't create the illusion of hair being longer than it is..It has to actually stretch to be that long,right?

Analogy: if i am standing on my tippy toes, then i am actually stretching to be that tall right?

same thing with the shower shots.

Water makes a strand heavier and can cause it to stretch a little with the weight, so I feel that soaking wet shower pics make your hair appear a little longer than it truly is. I prefer to take length pics on dry, rollerwrapped hair soon after a touch-up.

When I wear my hair out, it's dry, so that's the only impression anyone will have of it's length, so dry hair length is the only length that matters, IMO :yep:.

Back