Pics of New Growth during 08-09 stretch versus 09-10 stretch

~NanCeBoTwin~

Hi Ladies-

I hope you don't mind, but I thought I'd share some pics of my new growth. I posted in the long term stretchers thread a couple of weeks ago about how I noticed a difference between my new growth amounts this go round.

this is my NG at 14 weeks post last year:

this is my NG at 13 weeks post this year:

this is my NG at 19 and 20 weeks post last year (wet hair):

this is my NG at just 17 weeks post this year:
wet hair

dry hair

This is my hair after being about 85% air dried, and then blow dried on cool with a shower comb:

Of course we don't mind pics. The more the better. Well, your hair is definitly growing faster this year. What have you been doing?

^^ Yeah, yeah, whatcha' been doing? *pulls out the pen and pad*

Your hair is so very pretty! I just love the thickness!

Thank you ladies! I haven't really done anything different this go round other than adding JBCO to my reggie. Although I've tried different products here and there, my staples have stayed the same.

cowash 3-4 times a week
tea rinses at least 1/week sometimes 2x's
apply 100% AVJ via app bottle to NG in shower after cowashing
DC at least once a week
Last year I did a lot of twist outs and braid outs but this year I've been airdrying and bunning, I've done one twist out the entire year, but I've done a couple of bantu knot outs, but for those I like to do a cool blow dry on my hair.

How do you use the JBCO?

I apply it to my scalp via app bottle 2-3 times a week, I also add it to my DC :lick:...

I was already in love with my KC Humecto, I didn't think it could get better, but one day I decided to try it with the JBCO and I've been hooked since.

Nice progress. :) I find that the more I go on the better I get, at techniques, reading and assessing my hair and understanding what it needs. I'm finding my stretches a lot more easier each time I do it.

Thanks for sharing...your progress is amazing. Do you plan on rocking only buns for the summer? If not what other styles are you going to wear?

Thanks for sharing...your progress is amazing. Do you plan on rocking only buns for the summer? If not what other styles are you going to wear?

I've been really lazy during this stretch with styles. I'll probably bun more than anything, other than that I'll do my usual twist/braid outs.

Thank you ladies! I haven't really done anything different this go round other than adding JBCO to my reggie. Although I've tried different products here and there, my staples have stayed the same.

cowash 3-4 times a week
tea rinses at least 1/week sometimes 2x's
apply 100% AVJ via app bottle to NG in shower after cowashing
DC at least once a week
Last year I did a lot of twist outs and braid outs but this year I've been airdrying and bunning, I've done one twist out the entire year, but I've done a couple of bantu knot outs, but for those I like to do a cool blow dry on my hair.

Great looking ng, NanCeBoTwin!
ur really making wonderful progress each time with the stretching!

btw, could you or someone please explain what AVJ is?
and which tea rinses do you use?

thanks!

Great looking ng, NanCeBoTwin!
ur really making wonderful progress each time with the stretching!

btw, could you or someone please explain what AVJ is?
and which tea rinses do you use?

thanks!

Thank you! 100% AVJ is Aloe Vera Juice.

For my tea rinses I use a mix of Maka, Brahmi and Amla powders.

Do you dilute JBCO with anything? I've tried using it on my scalp and because my hair is so fine my hair was coming out as I rubbed it in (sticking to my fingers). :nono:
Also, I found it hard to wash out. Any suggestions?

Do you dilute JBCO with anything? I've tried using it on my scalp and because my hair is so fine my hair was coming out as I rubbed it in (sticking to my fingers). :nono:

I have mixed it with HV AvoSoya Oil....but I prefer it unmixed.

I actually haven't had any problems washing it out at all. Unfortunatley I don't have any suggestions, but try the ladies in the Break out your castor oil thread. They can probably help you out.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=433532&highlight=jbco

Thank you! 100% AVJ is Aloe Vera Juice.

For my tea rinses I use a mix of Maka, Brahmi and Amla powders.

THANK YOU for this helpful information, NanCeBoTwin! it's seeing people like yourself that keeps me motivated! :grin:

hi Hopkinstudent! i use the jbco, too and have fine hair.
i've also seen it on my fingers when i rubbed it in, so i just started applying it without rubbing it in.
it's thick, but throughout the day, it will evenly distribute itself (the key is to use it sparingly).
however, sometimes i do mix it with evoo, which is alot thinner.

Back