Pics-of my STOCKING CAP METHOD

Nanyanika

the main purpose of this method is to allow protective styles like twists, cornrows, exstensions to last longer without serious frizzing. its not an original idea as some people already do this. however i do hope someone else as well as myself finds this photographic demonstrations helpful. Please ignore the appearance of my face, i look very ugly (as usual).

here is the link: www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=5585644&uid=2011253&members=1

Cool! I've been trying to figure out what to do because I want cornrows or twists or braids,but I workout every day and have to rise the sweat out. This may help!

[ QUOTE ]
Please ignore the appearance of my face, i look very ugly (as usual).

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop saying that! /images/graemlins/spank.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Browndilocks said:
[ QUOTE ]
Please ignore the appearance of my face, i look very ugly (as usual).

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop saying that! /images/graemlins/spank.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's true, I think i may go ahead with plastic surgery,to get my nose and lips reduced.

Do whatever makes you happy but there are always going to be critics with something negative to say about you...don't allow yourself to be one of them.

For the record, you're gorgeous and your hair is beautiful.

This is a great method, I will try it out on my daughter this week. Thanks for the tip, and I totally agree with Browndilocks. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Browndilocks said:
Do whatever makes you happy but there are always going to be critics with something negative to say about you...don't allow yourself to be one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA!
Denise, You are being too hard on yourself. You are waaaayyyyy too beautiful to be talking that kind of nonsense about yourself.

SMH

The sad thing is that your nose isn't even big and your lips look quite normal! If you don't start to love yourself, you can expect others to quickly point out flaws you never even noticed. For example,... LOL

I won't even go there! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

Now scream out how beautiful you are and flaunt your stuff. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wow, thanks Den! I plan on wearing twists this winter... the "stocking cap" method will surely be used then /images/graemlins/cool.gif

btw, ur are not ugly... ur VERY PRETTY!

[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
[ QUOTE ]
Browndilocks said:

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA!
Denise, You are being too hard on yourself. You are waaaayyyyy too beautiful to be talking that kind of nonsense about yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

When i saw your post, I knew you were gonna start on me /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

No probs sweet peaches /images/graemlins/smile.gif can say that lol!!!
I hope you like the method when you get a chance to try it.

[ QUOTE ]
Peachtree said:
Wow, thanks Den! I plan on wearing twists this winter... the "stocking cap" method will surely be used then /images/graemlins/cool.gif

btw, ur are not ugly... ur VERY PRETTY!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
den1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
AFashionSlave said:
[ QUOTE ]
Browndilocks said:

[/ QUOTE ]

ITA!

[/ QUOTE ]

When i saw your post, I knew you were gonna start on me /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/spank.gif That's right - You know me very well!!!
Don't make me jump a flight to England to set you straight !!!! /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif

I didn't pay much attention to the purpose of this post, ie. the stocking cap method, but I was curious to see why you considered yourself ugly. Girl, what is the deal with you? You are a beautiful young lady, and if you don't start thinking positive about yourself, then who else do you think will think positive of you? Embrace your features and love yourself because if you don't have any love for yourself, how can you truly love anyone else? One wise thing to keep in mind is God did not make any mess, so your lips, nose, eyes, hair and everything else God made...guess what? God said it was good. When you look at the features God has made and think to yourself...how unattractive...how do you think that makes God feel about His work? Think about that for a minute and see if the answer doesn't make you think even more about the damage your thought life is causing you and those who love you.

Plastic surgery, come on now, unless there are some noticeable deformities going on for health reasons, then it is not neccessary. I feel, people who have plastic surgery are saying to the world, "yes, I'm insecure and I just wanted you to know that about me." There isn't anything on you that is broke, so what are you trying to fix baby? Speak life to yourself daily and look in the mirror and say, "thank you Lord, for I am beautifully and wonderfully made. Please help me continue to build myself up with words of love and encouragement and not allow negativity of any kind to get into my spirit to try and tear me down. If I feel at my lowest and don't know what to say or how to say it, I trust You to build me up. Please understand I couldn't see what you saw, but now I know what You see is good and I thank you." I hope this helps you and I don't want to hear those negative comments anymore...ever! Okay love you bye bye!

I tried the stocking cap a few night ago and when I woke up and took it off I felt & heard it pull my hair out! Why is that? Well if you can help!! But i'm glad it works for you! Always believe your beautiful!! GIRL Cause you are!!!

[ QUOTE ]
brownstallion said:
I tried the stocking cap a few night ago and when I woke up and took it off I felt & heard it pull my hair out! Why is that? Well if you can help!! But i'm glad it works for you! Always believe your beautiful!! GIRL Cause you are!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I never ever ever sleep in a stocking cap, i only use it to when rinsing my hair, sometimes i line the cap with my satin bonnet first or use a satin scarf.

LOL @ AFashionSlave /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
ITA you are very cute so stop putting yourself down /images/graemlins/spank.gif
Thanks for the instructions.

I so agreed with everything said by others. i so hate it when u put yourself down because quite simply there is NOTHING ugly about you. Your lips and your nose, your hair, your face, your spirit is all beautiful. The only thing that you need to change is how u preceive yourself. Please work on that Den because you contribute so much to this board and I can tell from your post that you have a beautiful spirit. I t makes me feel sad to think that you are devaluing yourself. Stop it NOW!

Listen to what we are saying Den. You truly are beautiful, you just don't see it yet, but you will. Thank you for sharing your stocking cap method!

Thanks for the method Den1 I was just trying to figure out
a way to maintain my braids longer. And all that I'm ugly stuff has got to stop. You are a beautiful person inside and out.

This method never occurred to me! What a good idea--thanks Den /images/graemlins/up.gif! I won't even address your foolishness, lol, because I am hoping that by now everyone has gotten through to you /images/graemlins/kiss.gif.

Great method Den1. And just like everyone else is saying YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL INSIDE & OUT!!! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

I already use this method to wash my cornrows, but I had to thank you for being such a sweetie and posting this. And don't make me /images/graemlins/spank.gif you, you are very pretty. Or, maybe you are just fishing for compliments...huh, which is it? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif You are truly a lovely woman, and don't doubt yourself.

Den
You are so funny - there is nothing wrong with your face. Hmmph!!!! Forget cosmetic surgery!!!!! By the way this a brilliant tip. You are a genius. Speak soon.

[ QUOTE ]
cybra said:
I already use this method to wash my cornrows, but I had to thank you for being such a sweetie and posting this. And don't make me /images/graemlins/spank.gif you, you are very pretty. Or, maybe you are just fishing for compliments...huh, which is it? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif You are truly a lovely woman, and don't doubt yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]Den I use this method as well when washing my cornrows. It makes them last alot longer. I know that the women have gotten on you for that comment you made about yourself. Don't make me get on a flight and get you! /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif You are not ugly and I don't ever want you to say that again! I used to be the same way until one day I looked in the mirror and decided that I would never say that about myself again. If my looks are not up to par then "I am having a bad day". Never Ugly! Your a beautiful person inside and out. You are always giving compliments to others and today I am complimenting you. /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

Den I looked at your pics before I read the commentary and was thinking to myself how pretty you are (with a pretty head of hair to match) so please no more of the ugly comments my dear.

Thanks for the demonstration- now if only I could learn to not be lazy and actually learn to twist my hair someday /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

okay, so you wash your hair in the stocking cap? How do you make sure you get the scalp clean and get all the conditioner out?

Back