Pics...My 8 year old is want to grow his hair

Traycee

My Lil' Ant Man wants to grow his hair....He wants a curly fro....Only problem is... the longer his hair grows....The harder time I have with it..I want to say he's in the 3 family total opposite of my hair....
Anything I put in it turns white...Yesterday I put just a little coconut oil and by afternoon it was curly at the roots and straight at the ends ( weird)...Any tips what products I should use to style his hair (sorry so big)

Honestly, I think water and vaseline would be good for him. If you want something all natural, try Oyin's Greg or Frankjuice. Your son is probably washing his hair several times a week, if not daily, so buildup shouldn't be a problem. His hair type looks like it needs something a little heavy to keep it from being dry and frizzy.

You're gonna take care of his hair?

Honestly, I think water and vaseline would be good for him. If you want something all natural, try Oyin's Greg or Frankjuice. Your son is probably washing his hair several times a week, if not daily, so buildup shouldn't be a problem. His hair type looks like it needs something a little heavy to keep it from being dry and frizzy.

You're gonna take care of his hair?

I'm going to try....I just thought his hair would be easier to care for than mine since his curl pattern is looser....I know once I figure out what to use on it we will be fine

on my baby's curly hair lacio lacio and water works good for her and plain jamaican mango and lime cactus conditioner ( that stuff is awesome)!!

His hair is really pretty!! My SO has a bit of a tighter curl pattern than this, but I got him to use Elasta Mango Butter on damp hair and it curls up nicely and it shines...more than mine does :look:

Thanks for responding everyone ..and compliments....boys get everything!! I have 4 boys and they all have his hair ....but the others I keep in a low almost bald fade..This is the first one that wants to show some individuality...The two oldest is still copying each other.....So I want to encourage it.... I going this weekend and pick everything u guys suggested...One of them gots to work

Hi Tracee,

#1 you have the most high def camera known to man! Those photos are so clear & perfect!
#2 his hair is wonderful
#3 You're so blessed...4 boys...good for you.
#4 I agree that you will probably have success with water & waterbased products Maybe even a little diluted infusium in a spray bottle.

He has georgeous curls! I would think something like Vaseline Intensive Care lotion and a little bit of oil would work great. I tried this on my 1 yr. old cousin's hair because it felt very dry, hard and brittle. The lotion really softened it up very nice and I used jojoba oil to seal.

Hi Tracee,

#1 you have the most high def camera known to man! Those photos are so clear & perfect!
#2 his hair is wonderful
#4 I agree that you will probably have success with water & waterbased products Maybe even a little diluted infusium in a spray bottle.

My Husband and Brother In-Law are into to photographs and filming...Something they do on the side...So I'm working with the best....
Now I just need to learn how to post pics without them being so BIG

I don't have no advice, but I have gotta say, your son's hair is cute!! And the pics are just so clear and crisp, it's as if though, I could just reach out and touch those beautiful curls!!!

Hi Tracee,

#2 his hair is wonderful

That's sooo true. You can see his peach fuzz.:lachen:

OMG Traycee I opened this post and -just for a quick sec:grin:- thought you
somehow stole pics of my son. I posted a photo fo him so you can see.

Look your son has a hair twin!!! :lachen: Any ways, I use Ms. Jessie's baby buttercreme in my son's hair. I usually wait until they had BOGOF and get the reg buttercreme for myself and the baby for him and his brother. It works great, light scent, keeps his curls moisturised and lasts a looooong time cuase a little goes a long way. I use it right after his bath on damp hair and then just brush his hair and his curls form and stay that way without frizzing (at least until he wakes up in the morning:yawn:). HTH!!

Attachments

• IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 9
OMG Traycee I opened this post and -just for a quick sec:grin:- thought you
somehow stole pics of my son. I posted a photo fo him so you can see.

Look your son has a hair twin!!! :lachen: Any ways, I use Ms. Jessie's baby buttercreme in my son's hair. I usually wait until they had BOGOF and get the reg buttercreme for myself and the baby for him and his brother. It works great, light scent, keeps his curls moisturised and lasts a looooong time cuase a little goes a long way. I use it right after his bath on damp hair and then just brush his hair and his curls form and stay that way without frizzing (at least until he wakes up in the morning:yawn:). HTH!!

Omg....They look a lot a like too...LOL..

Back