PICS- Mini Flexirod set - 10+ months post!

♦K.O♦

I usually use the big purple flexirods, but I thought that maybe a smaller size would be good for transitioning. So I used the small magenta colored ones (2nd from the left in this link http://www.wwbeautystore.com/shopping/color-perm/sbs-br001.jpg ).

I think that this may become one of my go-to styles for a while. I am missing those inches I cut off last week, but whatever. :grin: I think that it was a success, and it really didn't require very much effort.

The back (excuse the flash... but at least my henna color can be seen!)

4192010002.jpg

The front (excuse the box... wasn't quite ready to photographed).

4192010003.jpg

I love it! Did you do it on wet or dry hair? What products did you use?

I did it on wet hair. I deep conditioned with henna for about an hour. Then Iwashed with Nexxus Therappe and conditioned with Nexxus Humectress.

I applied the following LIGHTLY: Profectiv Break Free Leave-In, Profectiv Mega Growth Lotion, and Garnier Sleek and Shine Serum.

I detangled very easily. Before I rolled each section, I sprayed a little Nexxus Heat Protexx. I used all 36 rollers I purchased.

After I unrolled them, I separated and fluffed.

The style looks great! Looks nice with the flat twists (I think?) at the front. I love flexi rods.

Thanks! I threw in a couple of random flat twists in the front. :yep:

You said you used a little Nexxus Heat Protexx, so you dried under a hooded dryer?

Your hair looks gorgeous!

ETA: Was your hair completely wet or just damp?

Last edited:
Love me some flexirods! I used the same ones this weekend with a braidout. These are going to be great for co-washing and summer. I don't even mind sleeping in them.

You said you used a little Nexxus Heat Protexx, so you dried under a hooded dryer?

Your hair looks gorgeous!

ETA: Was your hair completely wet or just damp?

Thank you! My hair was wasn't dripping, but it was pretty wet.

I planned to go under the dryer, but was tired, so I just slept on them. So from 9:30 PM to 5:30 AM, they air dried. They were probably dry at this point, but because I am paranoid, I went under the dryer on low for like 15 minutes.

That's gorgeous, How long is your hair when it is straight or stretched?

Thank you! I just cut my hair to around APL last week.

This picture was taken last week. My hair wasn't completely straight and I had noticeable root shrinkage.

myhairhennaflatironandcutApril13-1.jpg

Love your hair miss! keep up the good work. How long do you think youre going to transition?

I honestly have no idea. I have been known to be erratic with the scissors, but I see myself transitioning for 18 months minimum.

Back