Phytorelaxer Problems

cocoberry10

Ladies:

I took the Phyto challenge-- TWICE! All I can say is I may be the only one that absolutely hated phyto. It did nothing to my 4a/b hair. In fact, I think it took my curl pattern away more than it softened it. I now have close to 4" of "new growth," which is basically underprocessed hair. Prior to the phyto experiences, I hadn't relaxed in 5 months and then had braids for 3, which created 34 weeks of new growth.

The first time I relaxed with phyto I did a self-relaxer (never again is all I can say). It was a hair-b-gone experience.

Anyway, the second time I relaxed, I had a professional do it. We sat there and watched it do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! When it didn't take this time, I knew that it wasn't my lack of application skills. Has anyone else had this experience?

Also, I plan to return to affirm mild lye (amazingly, affirm mild was better for my hair than phyto 2). Do you all think I can go over the underprocessed sections, even if just before rinsing? I won't be relaxing for another 3-5 months, so it's gonna be the Chi for Cocoberry. Thanks. Sorry so long!

I put lye over no-lye a few times and it was fine.

A "professional" put no-lye over lye and I lost my hair.
Sorry Phyto didn't work for you, and have fun going back to what does.:D

Damn every time I think about trying this relaxer there is always a post that makes me increases my doubts. I use lye no on my 4a hair (I think) I have no idea what phyto will do to it. Good luck in what ever you decide.

Yea really sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. :( I really did like what phyto it did to my hair, especially how it felt even a month after (ok even now I still like it y'all:lol: ) Its the first time I didn't have thin and fragile hair after a relaxer, though it got really darn straight!

I don't know if I will or won't relax again and am thinking really long and hard about it but,if I do I'll be using phyto II again.

Even though ideally it should work for everyone, we all know that nothing ever does. :nono:

Personally I can't use lye because it tears my scalp to pieces and breaks my hair though I know that it works extremely well for other.

Hopefully the corrective is all you need.

Many blessings and good luck :rosebud:

-A

Sorry, phyto did not work well on your tresses... .......Definitely sticks with what works for you and your hair.....

phyto didnt work for my hair either but im still testing as u can see in my siggy i just put it in- I had alot of underprocess parts but I went to the shop and got my hair blow dried and it came out like a relaxer pics in album

Thanks Ladies. With the 5 months that I plan to wait before relaxing again, I think I'll learn a lot about my "natural" hair.

Back