*****PHYTO RELAXER******

Jassy28

Hey Ladies!

I am super stressed at the moment. I have been stretching for 13 weeks, and really cant take it any longer! I have finally decided to go with phyto, and after going back and forth I decided to use Index 2. The problem is my Sephora only has 1! I am 4a/4b and dont want my hair bone straight ,can I use the index 1? It is $60, I really dont want to waste this kind of cash!! Any suggestions?

Oh, I was using ORS and it left my hair staight, too straight. So I guess my hair takes well? :perplexed

TIA, Jassy

I am 4a and texlaxed. I use index 1 for 5-7 mins total processing time. I do in sections. My hair is straight and with products I can do a nice Wash N Go. My is hair is fine. You may have to smooth or leave on bit longer. If your hair is not fine. The box says one is for fine hair or something like that. HTH. Do a search and see what u come up with. You could order online if you can wait a few days and get the one you really want. Do you have only one Sephora where u live? You could call another store to see if they have an Index 1 or see if there are any salons that sell it.

Thanks Rain20, I think I may give index 1 a try, I was going to add oil to the index 2, but maybe I can just skip this step with index 1. How straight does your hair get? Do they suggest 5-7 min or do you cut the processing time? I know this is a question that only I can truley answer for myself but, do you think I should consider texlaxing. Im asking because I dont wont bone straight hair ( my hair always sticks to my head after relaxing) and I like the option of a wash n go. Also, my hair is neck length now, so I think this would be the best time to make the transition if I choose to do so. What do you think? Sorry for all the questions, but Im still trying to figure all this hair stuff out:perplexed. Thanks again, Jassy :grin:

I am 4a and texlaxed. I use index 1 for 5-7 mins total processing time. I do in sections. My hair is straight and with products I can do a nice Wash N Go. My is hair is fine. You may have to smooth or leave on bit longer. If your hair is not fine. The box says one is for fine hair or something like that. HTH. Do a search and see what u come up with. You could order online if you can wait a few days and get the one you really want. Do you have only one Sephora where u live? You could call another store to see if they have an Index 1 or see if there are any salons that sell it.

i'm a former Phyto-head.:grin:

You will need an Index 1, Index 2 may be too strong. To save some money, by looking at the length of your hair in your avatar, you could probably get away with splitting the relaxer. Taking half out and mixing half of the activator solution. Saving the rest for later. Still adding your oils (although this is discouraged by folks I talked with at the Phyto Universe in NYC).

Also, try ordering it from Polly and Company to save a little money. If you order today, you will probably receive it by the end of the week.

Thanks JLove, I will be going with index 1, I cant wait to try it ! Is there a reason why you no longer use Phyto? And why do they discourage adding oils?
BTW: I love love love the shoes! Your legs are making me want to hit the gym! :grin:

i'm a former Phyto-head.:grin:
You will need an Index 1, Index 2 may be too strong. To save some money, by looking at the length of your hair in your avatar, you could probably get away with splitting the relaxer. Taking half out and mixing half of the activator solution. Saving the rest for later. Still adding your oils (although this is discouraged by folks I talked with at the Phyto Universe in NYC).

Also, try ordering it from Polly and Company to save a little money. If you order today, you will probably receive it by the end of the week.

Thanks JLove, I will be going with index 1, I cant wait to try it ! Is there a reason why you no longer use Phyto? And why do they discourage adding oils?
BTW: I love love love the shoes! Your legs are making me want to hit the gym! :grin:

Aww, Thanks :)

I decided to go natural. But if I ever decide to go back to relaxing Phyto will be the only way. i used it for 5 years with no complaints.
The reason why they discourage adding oils is that since Phyto is soy based, it's not as harsh as other relaxers it's just not needed. One of the techs said the oil can actually inhibit the relaxing process. I've never experienced any burns using it, like I did with others..

Aww, Thanks :)

I decided to go natural. But if I ever decide to go back to relaxing Phyto will be the only way. i used it for 5 years with no complaints.
The reason why they discourage adding oils is that since Phyto is soy based, it's not as harsh as other relaxers it's just not needed. One of the techs said the oil can actually inhibit the relaxing process. I've never experienced any burns using it, like I did with others..

Just wanted to dip in for two seconds and say I agree with this.

I did it once and I will never do that again...

Good luck with your relaxing experience Jassy28.

*dipping back out*

I am a 4a and I use Phyto Index 2. My hair is coarse and thick...I cannot get away w/Index 1. I prefer my hair to be relaxed, but the Phyto doesn't make it limp and "stuck to the head" like most other regular relaxers, its definitely more mild. I would suggest that you try the Index 2 and order from Polly and Co.

Hmm... Maybe I should have waited? I just bought Index 1, I guess I can always use Index 2, next time if I don't like the the results; Right :perplexed. Well I will let you ladies know how it turns out. Thanks

Back