PhonyPonies.com - are they joking?? (rant)

preciousjewel76

First off, let me say that PhonyPonies.com is slower than molasses when it comes to merchandise. I ordered a pony (Yaky straight, 10 inches, #2, "cee clip") on October 16. I received the pony on November 10. IT TOOK ALMOST ONE MONTH TO RECEIVE SOME HAIR GLUED TO A BARRETTE! Come on now. It can't be that hard to make those things!:ohwell:

Second, the "barrette-less cee clip" is nothing more than a big plastic barrette (with metal hinges) with a weft of hair glued over it!:perplexed Nothing really "barrette-less" or revolutionary about that. You can still see the barrette through the chunk of hair that hangs over it. The whole thing looks cheaply made.:mad:

Third, the straight pony has a stiff-feeling weft up near the barrette end. I guess this is to make the pony hang straight. However, this leaves few styling options! I got the "barrette-less" clip in hopes that I could twist the pony into a bun. But with the big a$$ barrette and cardboard-like weft in the pony, that ain't happening. But the PhonyPonies website claims that you can make a bun out of your "barrette-less" pony....hmmm.:scratchch

Overall, I'm really not impressed with these folks.:nono: I think I bought an overpriced pony. Shoot, I could have made a better one with some weave hair and a drugstore barrette, and it wouldn't have taken me a whole month! Maybe if the website had better pictures and descriptions of the products, I wouldn't be so ticked off. But right now, all I can say is "let the buyer beware".

im sorry to hear about ur experience with them...did you call in and complain to them or write them a email about it? maybe they can refund you ur money or something?

i dont know if these are the of phony ponies you are looking for but i ordered two full cap wigs from this place and i recd it in about 3 days ordered on a Monday or Tuesday and recd them on a Friday....www.gmbshair.com

I agree with bluediamond...I purchased two phony ponies back in September or October from Goldenmart Beauty Supply and I was very pleased with my order. If you like drawstring ponies, you should be pleased with this company.

Oooh and I was sooo close to buying a couple of ponies from phoneyponies.com.:eek:

I'm pretty familiar with Golden Mart; I've purchased 2 falls from them. Great service! I tried PhonyPonies because I don't really like the look of most drawstring ponies. But if I decide to get a drawstring pony, I most definitely know where to order!

I also ordered a UPA clip, I'm sure I'll like that much better than my Phony Pony.

Yep, I agree phonyponies.com stinks. My order took a month. I ordered 10 inches, but what arrived was at least 14 and looked nothing like the picture (the small dark picture). I felt stupid and immediately threw it away (no return policy).

Now it's just me and my UPA. :yep:

I like the idea of having a barrette on the pony but the Phony Ponies looked too bulky and full for my little head. What is a upa?

mahogany66 said:
I like the idea of having a barrette on the pony but the Phony Ponies looked too bulky and full for my little head. What is a upa?

Mine really IS bulky, and heavy too! I can't see wearing that big ol' thing on my head. I might just cut the hair off of the barrette and make something else out of it.

I hate to hear that I was thinking of ordering the same barette-less phony, but I have been procastinating. Your shout out is right on time.

thanks for looking out.

screambabygirl said:
I hate to hear that I was thinking of ordering the same barette-less phony, but I have been procastinating. Your shout out is right on time.

thanks for looking out.

No prob, the website really doesn't describe it well. I got all excited for nothing.:ohwell: Shame on them!

Back