Phony-Pony Transitioners??

itismehmmkay

I'm trying to find some alternatives to transitioning besides heat, BCing, and braids. Usually I can get my hair to stretch and lay flat after washing and I'm thinking of incorporating a phony pony afterwards. My mom wears a lil phony, but she customizes hers by pinning it up so that it looks more like a bun in the back. But she's not transitioning.

If I could find something that was very realistic and realtively easy to do, I can definitely see myself using this as a transition "carrier" ;)

Does anyone else do this?

I would try to find an Afro pony puff that matches your natural hair texture...this should help you transition and it should be the most convincing phony pony IMO :)

I'd be really careful about wearing a ponytail to transition on a full-time basis. I would suggest trying not to pull your hair back too tight and changing the location of the ponytail from time to time to reduce breakage.

I wear phony ponies every now and then.
I have a few curly and wavy ones, I put the straight ones on the back burner for now. :lol: If your going to wear a phony pony you could do the baggie method to protect your ends, moisturized your edges, and make sure not to pull your hair back too tightly.

I agree. I transitioned for a year by finding ponies that matched my natural texture in color (a nice, full, longish wavy one). I trimmed my old, relaxed ends off every two months and this method worked really well. Just take care of your edges!!!

Robin41 said:
I'd be really careful about wearing a ponytail to transition on a full-time basis. I would suggest trying not to pull your hair back too tight and changing the location of the ponytail from time to time to reduce breakage.

I agree with this also. My mom transitioned with a phony pony but she never moved it. She still has the short hairs from where it broke her hair off.

Back