Pessimistic Poll for the Singletons

Will you find true love and get married?

• Yes - I don't know when it's coming, but it's coming.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • I am still hopeful, but much more pessimistic than I used to be.

Votes: 41 21.6%
  • Probably not - although I haven't abandoned ALL hope, most of it's gone.

Votes: 31 16.3%
  • Nah, chile. I've already resigned myself to lifelong singledom.

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
I used to think that I am not worried about having a relationship that leads to marriage and kids. I prayed hard today because I know that it is important to me. I now believe that things will change now that I am being honest with myself about wanting a SO. But in the mean time I have to love myself and care for myself.

PrettyPuff, we are in the same boat...I'm real sick of this stupid boat. And if one more person tells me "not to worry about it, it will happen" blah, blah, blah I'm going to scream. I can handle not being married yet but by 26 I should have a few serious relationships under my belt. If I was looking for a job, people would tell me to apply as many places as I can and all that good stuff. But when it comes to finding the man who I will spend the rest of my life with, I'm just supposed to sit and wait for him to show up? I don't understand that logic.

Lately I've noticed that all my friends with SOs call me when they want to go out, specifically when they "want to be BAD." Even though I have been in this role for quite some time now, I don't want to be the "single friend" anymore.

i never understood that logic either...

I think one of my issues is i have no idea where/ how to look. Most of the places I go are average things, like grocery store and no one wants to be the desperate woman looking for a man. All of the people I meet at school are much to young for me, and most of the men i see when i am at a parent function are QUITE married...

That is my main problem, the meeting of men.

I guess i'm secretly pessimistic or just a little impatient I want it right now, but I just know it's going to happen for me soon. I see the growth that i'm making and i'm definitely working on welcoming love i've been listening to love music and all.:grin:

I use to be pessimistic. I believe that marriage is coming with a righteous man and he will be a police officer of some sort. BTW: I have not met this man yet, but I am sensing something. :) I believe by faith.

ITA---i am hopeful but pessimistic and thought about this the other day how ive really become numb to what really liking--loving, being attracted to someone would feel like. I am hopeful that all of us have someone out there for us. But this whole dating thing is so hard at times and finding someone on the same accord is just hasnt been working...

Its just that since ive really moved up to ATL with some of the men that i have dealt with i feel as if ive had to be the aggressor(to make the first move, to suggest having sex, to give the first call etc) its like some men have either gotten just plain lazy and expect women to come running after them. And I know i havent become more aggressive. And the other part i have yet to see one man that i am physically/mentally attracted to.

I am 30 years old and really cant say ive been in a good serious relationship with any man. So i really try not to focus on relationships and just do my own thing and concentrate on myself(well i need to start focusing more on me)

Back