Perming hair after BRAIDS?

HairFanatic01

HELP!!!!!!
I love wearing braids because it gives my hair a big break and I gain so much growth between the time. My only problem is whether I should perm IMMEDIATELY AFTER I TAKE OUT MY BRAIDS. In the crown and glory method robin says to perm after 4 weeks out the braids while using s hevay deep condition. I just can't go with a bunch of new growth and relaxed ends for 4 weeks! What would I do with my hair between that time? Does anyone know of an alternative? Maybe a reconstructor that or something that I could use to not cause breakage so I can get a perm immediately after braids??? HELP!!!

If you absolutely can't wait. I would suggest at least putting a weeks time in between taking out the braids and putting a relaxer in. In the meantime I would suggest doing a couple of deep conditions. I use Lekair cholesterol. I also do a lite protein condition using Nexxus Keraphix. This gets my hair into pretty good shape.

I usually don't wait a whole month. I usually wait 1 week and my hair is just fine.

Thanx for the advice!! Okay. I guess I'll just have to deal with the part relaxed/natural hair. Do you have any suggestions for styles during this time?

Well, I slick my hair back into a ponytail and wear a phony bun. Those afro puff one's would look great during this time if you have thicker newgrowth. Sometimes I do scarfs too!

BAM! go to a salon and get deep condition and get it pressed, or get a roller set/wear a wig/straw set you might want to try the lime and coconut milk to help manage the new growth just don't COMB THE NEWGROWTH but trust me if you wait to perm, your hair will thank you for it and you will retain your length.

Hi HF1
wave.gif

I waited 2 weeks to have a relaxer but I had a deep conditioner at my hairdresser in between this time and then just kept it in a bun. I was worried about having a relaxer so soon after taking my cornrows out as I was going to follow Robin's technique but my hairdresser (who is very good)assured me that it would be ok. My hair came out really well and I was very happy with the growth.

Thanx everyone....I will try all the tips that were given. Today I purchased some deep conditioner, Aubrey Organics GPB and Infusium 23. I will wait and see how the results will turn out.

Back