Permanent JET Black hair dye for relaxed hair

LondonDiva

After MUCH deliberation I have decided that I want my hair to be JET black on a permanent basis. No matter what colour I decide on I always end up going back to black and, for me it's a lot better as it deposits colour rather than strips it like the lighter colours.

According to Shamboosie the Clairol Textures & Tones is the safest for relaxed women to use? Is he right in saying this or are there any others that you ladies have come across that are just as safe?

It's been my experience, Londondiva, that even semi permanent dyes, in black do not come out. I love black hair too, but I use semi permanent, and I only have to touch up the roots. I would recommend that other than a permanent dye. I use loving care.

Thanks for that Caramela. The only semi perm I use is by Adore and unfortunately is comes out, right out after how many weeks of washing. I have light ends from a dye job a few years ago so this is how I know it washes out completely. Plus I love the richness of my hair after it's dyed black.

I'll look into the loving care and see if I can get it in Paks in a few weeks time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva-

If I were you, I would follow Caramela's advice and use a semi-permanent color. A permanent color (black) might be TOO MUCH for your hair.

The semi-permanent colors sold in boxes (called Level 2) that you mix last MUCH longer than the ones like Adore, Jazzing, etc.

I've used both. Let us know what you decide.

Back