Permanent Color-->Don't be Scurred

moneychaser

Permanent Color-->Don\'t be Scurred

I just wanted to say that. Permanent color is nothing to be scared of! I am sure many other members can vouch, that with the proper care colored hair can be just as healthy /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/weird.gif

Re: Permanent Color-->Don\'t be Scurred

[ QUOTE ]
I just wanted to say that. Permanent color is nothing to be scared of! I am sure many other members can vouch, that with the proper care colored hair can be just as healthy /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/weird.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I'm terrified to put permanent color on my hair. I already have dry hair so I don't know if I can handle too much more dryness.

Well before finding the board...permanant color always ate my hair up...well my hair is as thick adn healthy as ever (except I need a trim). It is not that bad after all!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, I'm terrified to put permanent color on my hair. I already have dry hair so I don't know if I can handle too much more dryness.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/crazy.gif You should be. Sounds like your hair is porous. Once you get your hair healthy, color shouldn't be a problem, if you ask me...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/crazy.gif You should be. Sounds like your hair is porous. Once you get your hair healthy, color shouldn't be a problem, if you ask me...

[/ QUOTE ]
I am with you Denali. Right now my hair is pretty porous, so I am waiting until the new year (probably will healthy in less time) to color my hair. I ain't neva scurred!!! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif
Brandy's hair color here I come
33.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am with you Denali. Right now my hair is pretty porous, so I am waiting until the new year (probably will healthy in less time) to color my hair. I ain't neva scurred!!! /images/graemlins/rofl.gif
33.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/weird.gif

ITA, you can have healthy colored and relaxed hair if you take care of it properly. /images/graemlins/smile.gif If your hair is strong and healthy before you color, you should be successful with permanent color, but remember your products and regimen may need to be altered.

/images/graemlins/up.gif

I have naturally porous hair anyway, so my advice is to make sure you don't leave the color on too long because your color will take fast. I also recommend using a filler like porosity control or aphogee before coloring.

I want to try a permanent color. I put in a semi-permanent (Adore cinnamon) color on Sunday and it did nothing for my hair. I just need advice on how to take care of my hair. Since my hair is the healthiest it has ever been (Thanks LHCF /images/graemlins/smile.gif ) I think it will be safe to color it. How long should I wait to color it since I put the semi in on Sunday???

Ladies tell me how! Purty pleeease! My experience has always been breakage.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
33.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...
I dont know about trying hair color again at least not that drastic. If you look at my album under picture of hair color, you'll see that My hair was first all over permanently colored originally reddish brown and then I had golden highlight through out. My hair was so pretty! I couldnt go anywhere without people telling me my hair was the bomb. Soon after my hair was extrememly dry, and I had to handle it with so much delicateness it made NO sense. Anyways 1.5 years later I have colored ends that I am gradually snipping away. Although it was fun while it lasted, Ill be sticking to my colorshines and new head of healthy non permanently colored hair.

Remember too yall, Brandy has a full head of weave that she changes up whenever she feels. Maybe you might want to consider that before making the committment.

How'd you know my fear Denali? Since I relax I can just invision all my hair breaking off with a color. I would like highlights, but I tried them a few years ago and they broke off and I was taking pretty good care of my hair.

I really love dark hair, so when I crave excitement I just use a blackblue rinse. There are also some good shampoo in colors that give me a nice boost since perming changes my hair to a reddish brown anyway...

So overall I don't feel like I'm missing out. Ya'll would have my picture up in the illegally blond thread if I ever went that route

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
33.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...
I dont know about trying hair color again at least not that drastic. If you look at my album under picture of hair color, you'll see that My hair was first all over permanently colored originally reddish brown and then I had golden highlight through out. My hair was so pretty! I couldnt go anywhere without people telling me my hair was the bomb. Soon after my hair was extrememly dry, and I had to handle it with so much delicateness it made NO sense. Anyways 1.5 years later I have colored ends that I am gradually snipping away. Although it was fun while it lasted, Ill be sticking to my colorshines and new head of healthy non permanently colored hair.

Remember too yall, Brandy has a full head of weave that she changes up whenever she feels. Maybe you might want to consider that before making the committment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand brandy has a full weave, but I don't like weaves so that option is out. I also can't stand braids, so that is out too. I am just desiring a color change. Of course, right now I too have a cellophane which I will probably put back in as the color is finally fading. However, I am going to get that color that Brandy has (as soon as I figure out what exactly it is and once my hair is healthy.)

[ QUOTE ]
Ladies tell me how! Purty pleeease! My experience has always been breakage.

[/ QUOTE ]
The product you use to color your hair very important, some are definitely harsher than others.
You must up your deep-conditioning, Protein is VERY important!!!
Constant Moisture!!
Oil is important to, if you don't coat your hair with something before handling it, all you will hear is snap-pop
Thats what has worked for me over the past 10 years...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
33.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]
Did this happen before or after you found hair forums. How often did you deep-condition/mositurize/touch-up the color. Check out my album you can have healthy double-processed hair /images/graemlins/grin.gif Its very possible!!!!

[ QUOTE ]
How'd you know my fear Denali? Since I relax I can just invision all my hair breaking off with a color. I would like highlights, but I tried them a few years ago and they broke off and I was taking pretty good care of my hair.

I really love dark hair, so when I crave excitement I just use a blackblue rinse. There are also some good shampoo in colors that give me a nice boost since perming changes my hair to a reddish brown anyway...

So overall I don't feel like I'm missing out. Ya'll would have my picture up in the illegally blond thread if I ever went that route

[/ QUOTE ]
Glad you found a happy medium /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Yeah, I know plenty of people who think permanent color is the devil
devil.gif
/images/graemlins/lachen70.gif Its really not that serious if you ask me /images/graemlins/look.gif just more work but well worth it /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
33.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]
Did this happen before or after you found hair forums. How often did you deep-condition/mositurize/touch-up the color. Check out my album you can have healthy double-processed hair /images/graemlins/grin.gif Its very possible!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my hair professional colored before I found the forums. My hair was in good shape when I found the forums about 5-6 months later. I've always had healthy hair and have been coloring my hair for about 6 years or so. However, now that I am growing the color out, I have found my natural hair to be way stronger and thicker than the colored ends. I deep condition 2x/week and rollerset/wrap only unless I have to make appearances or I have a game then Ill use my ceramic CHI flat iron AFTER rollersetting. I use olive oil for moisturizing and I NEVER touched up my color. I just have been gradually growing it out over the past 1.5 yeares.
I havent posted pictures in awhile, d/t being a newly broke college student, but my hair only has about 1-3 inches of colored ends and is very close to brastrap.
Im not saying I wont ever color again, but I wont go as light and I won't color all over my head again.
I just like the overall condition of my hair now compared to when I had to double processed hair color.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
33.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I had my hair professional colored before I found the forums. My hair was in good shape when I found the forums about 5-6 months later. I've always had healthy hair and have been coloring my hair for about 6 years or so. However, now that I am growing the color out, I have found my natural hair to be way stronger and thicker than the colored ends. I deep condition 2x/week and rollerset/wrap only unless I have to make appearances or I have a game then Ill use my ceramic CHI flat iron AFTER rollersetting. I use olive oil for moisturizing and I NEVER touched up my color. I just have been gradually growing it out over the past 1.5 yeares.
I havent posted pictures in awhile, d/t being a newly broke college student, but my hair only has about 1-3 inches of colored ends and is very close to brastrap.
Im not saying I wont ever color again, but I wont go as light and I won't color all over my head again.
I just like the overall condition of my hair now compared to when I had to double processed hair color.

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/up.gif So you did have healthy double processed (colored) hair.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
33.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand brandy has a full weave, but I don't like weaves so that option is out. I also can't stand braids, so that is out too. I am just desiring a color change. Of course, right now I too have a cellophane which I will probably put back in as the color is finally fading. However, I am going to get that color that Brandy has (as soon as I figure out what exactly it is and once my hair is healthy.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I met Brandy about 2 months ago. she is engaged to my boyfriends good friend. Her color is very light, and very pretty if I must say. It was almost a light aubourn, It was lighter than mine was. Be carefull.

anybody use demi-color? i want color, but i want it to last longer than a rinse but not be permanent

ive used demi color one time and it didnt last any longer than the semi perm color like sebastians or colorshines. I was SO disappointed.

Back