People Need To Stop Policing Hair Texture

This is the downside of the social media culture. When you put yourself out there for public feedback, they give it to you, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Somewhere in the mix people got used to expecting to hear the accolades, but confused or disappointed about the criticism. It used to be just entertainers and elected officials that got all that criticism/heat. Now it's anyone with a YouTube channel and a dream.

She is a very sweet and pretty girl. I didn't notice her lack of eyebrows until she said something because I was too fixated on her beautiful curls. She seemed to have had a tough life. Smh She needs to move to a different state.

Somehow that lil old lady would've went rolling in front of a moving truck. Ijs. Things can happen. :)

I didn't watch the whole thing because honestly I try not to watch videos where people complain about mean things that were said about them or to them. It makes me angry.

She is very pretty though with beautiful hair. I didn't notice her brows at first because mine are similar to hers. Mine are a little fuller but still sparce. I get it from my mom and I fill mine in.

People can really be hateful when they hide behind a keyboard. I get negative comments on my YouTube videos and I just laugh at them. Calling someone ugly....although you can't even see their face. I find it hilarious.

Someone asked if I was in witness protection since I don't show my face in my videos. It made me chuckle...but then I replied. Telling someone you're in witness protection would defeat the point of being in witness protection. lol

Wow...poor thing. But that's why you cannot pay much attention to people's opinion of you...especially complete strangers. My fav quote is from the book Illusions by Richard Bach: "If your happiness depends on what someone else does [or says], then I guess you do have a problem."

I love her attitude. Static exists...keep it movin'.

This is the downside of the social media culture. When you put yourself out there for public feedback, they give it to you, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Somewhere in the mix people got used to expecting to hear the accolades, but confused or disappointed about the criticism. It used to be just entertainers and elected officials that got all that criticism/heat. Now it's anyone with a YouTube channel and a dream.

"Now it's anyone with a YouTube channel and a dream"
^^^i must've died right here lol.
Amen to the whole comment.

And Ashe to the thread title, some people stay tryna tell you what you do or don't have.

I dont post videos but I have an ad-on in my browser that completely blocks comments on YouTube. She seems like a lovely woman and I am glad she is living her life by her own standards. God bless her.

Back