People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

MrsAriannaAmbers

I came across an old email and found this from back in 2004 when I first read this...I know there's several variations of this and that the author really is unknown even though folks claim to have written it:rolleyes:...but I remember reading it initially and at the time it nailed so much b.s. on the head for me that I began to start de-cluttering my life of people that were just stifling me and my growth in life. Even though it meant that I had to disassemble associations w/ people that began back from middle-school *11-12 yrs age*. I stopped hanging onto people just because...:yep: didn't realize that I had no drama personally but because I was hanging onto them their drama was becoming my drama.

When I go into associations or making friends and relationships I look at that person as an individual, their actions and overall their lifestyle and assign them as Reason, Season or a Lifetime and if you are currently in my circle you have been assigned as well. I think I am able to do it so much faster than others now since I have been practicing this for the last 6 years. Its a poem that has impacted my life in such a huge way that I wanted to share it...hope you enjoy as a reminder.

REASON SEASON LIFETIME

People come into your life
for a reason, a season or a lifetime.

When you figure out which one it is,
you will know what to do for each person.

When someone is in your life for a REASON. . .
It is usually to meet a need you have expressed.
They have come to assist you through a difficulty,
to provide you with guidance and support,
to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually.
They may seem like a godsend, and they are!
They are there for the reason you need them to be.
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part,
or at an inconvenient time, this person will say
or do something to bring the relationship to an end.
Sometimes they die.

Sometimes they walk away.
Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.
What we must realize is that our need has been met,
our desire fulfilled, their work is done.
The prayer you sent up has been answered.
And now it is time to move on.

Then people come into your life for a SEASON....
Because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn.
They bring you an experience of peace, or make you laugh.
They may teach you something you have never done.
They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.
Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season.

LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons.
Things you must build upon in order to have
a solid emotional foundation.
Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,
and put what you have learned to use in all
other relationships and areas of your life.
It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.

Unknown Author

I haven't read this before so thanks for posting. I recently let go off someone recently who i was at some point very close to, i've been slowly and gradually leaving his mentally and emotionally. The last time i spoke to him was new years eve. I think he understands too the concept of our relationship too so hopefully he doesn't call me. Yesterday i decided that i no longer need or want him so i deleted his number. I have no way of getting it back, unless he calls which i hope he doesn't.

Thank you so much I just had to let a friend of eight years go. Sometimes you try to extend a seasonal relationship into a lifetime.

Your welcome ladies...All my ladies on LHCF are awesome and just wanted to share as from time to time...we all need encouragement/confirmation on the decisions we make about the people in our lives! :bighug:

Lol, he called about an hour ago. We had a discussion about why i was pushing him away. I honestly don't see the point of him being in my life any longer.

My dilemma is finding Life-time type people. I have a propensity for attracting reasonal and seasonal people. I want many more true lifers in my life.

I've been in this habit, well I'm not sure if it's a habit or not but I'll have best friends for a reason/season but not a lifetime. My sister is my best friend but she's not that non-relative best friend that I would like to have again.

I just let another friend go because he accuse me of something I didn't do and it was a lie. I realize I couldn't surround myself with that type of drama. But it never occured to me that he was my friend for a reason.

One of my high school best friends just facebook me to get in touch. We've been each other's friend request for 2 years now. I'm problem with her is that it's all about her when we get together and it was like that in high school. I really in a place in my life that I'm not interested in one-sided relationships or friendships. Plus, I'm not trying to get distracted and as much as I will always love my high school best friend, she's a distraction for me. Only call when she need something and it took my sister to point this out. I'm always the sidekick in my best friends relationships with me. I refuse to be that anymore.

Back