Penny Island Tropical Ylang Ylang Shampoo!!!

SVT

<font color="red">The board software is experiencing some difficulties so I"m posting this review from Jade21.</font>

Penny Island Tropical Ylang Ylang Shampoo is excellent!! This is the formula for dry hair. It is supposed to "nourish sensitive extra dry stressed scalp and hair." [from the bottle]

I've had this shampoo on my To-Try List since the fall and have used it three times now and give an overall rating of 20/10.

I purchased the product for a little over $6.00 for 9 ounces at Internatural.com (this site has tremendous products, too) at a slight discount. It is also available at the Penny Island site at pennyisland.com.

Penny Island specializes in products using an oat amino complex for skin and hair with those with sensitivities in mind. They are meant to enrich skin and hair and to be extremely gentle. Oat protein is supposed to be extremely reparative to the hair.

I was excited to try this product after I had tried the Roger &amp; Gallet Oat Milk Shampoo which I raved about in a previous review. I was amazed at the action of that shampoo, especially since it was a sodium laureth sulfate-based shampoo. The Penny Island product is also sodium lareth sulfate-based. Both products are now staples in my shampoo arsenal
grin.gif

Before giving a few more details, here are the ingredients:
Botanical infusion of chamomile, burdock, horsetail, rose petals, and comfrey root, sodium laureth sulfate, cocamidopropyl betaine, vegetable glycerine, Oat Amino Complex (oat beta glucan, standardized oat extract, refined oat protein), hydrolyzed proteins of wheat and soybean, honey, jojoba oil, panthenol, extracts of grape seed and aloe vera, ylang ylang essential oil, grapefruit seed extract, citric acid, potassium sorbate, sodium benzoate.

The shampoo itself smells just like ylang ylang essential. It is utterly divine! It's concentrated and very little is needed to generate lather. The lather itself is very soft.

The first time I used the shampoo, I wondered. I mean I washed, but I didn't notice anything different. That was until the next day. The moisture level in my hair was definitely increased. It felt especially soft and was utterly silky. I had used the Raspberry and Jojoba conditioner by St. Ives. I washed my hair again two days later, but with another shampoo.

The second time I used it, the same thing happened and I used the VO5 Kiwi and Lime conditioner, one made for oily hair. Same soft, luscious results. This time, I think I took the time to notice that after shampooing, my hair was soft...not slippery, just soft, which I frankly prefer for shampoos.

My scalp was truly in heaven. I would liken this experience to Aubrey's J.A.Y. shampoo. That shampoo has always been my benchmark for a totally awesome scalp. This shampoo is a close runner-up to it
cool.gif

With tangles, this shampoo did not encourage any. I was worried about this. I had emailed the company, told the owner about my hair and basically asked him whether I was going to have any problems. I did not want to have a mess
mad.gif
So, I was extremely pleased that he was right
grin.gif

Overall, I would urge anyone with any level of dryness in their hair to try this. If your scalp is giving you problems, definitely give it a whirl...it is extremely soothing.

My next products in the line to try will be the Citrus Shampoo and the Ultra Hair Conditioner.

Sidenote: If you don't know, I have been especially pleased with the action of oat protein. It leaves the hair extremely soft, boosts the moisture level and keeps it strong as anything. My search for other oat products will continue
laugh.gif

~Jade~

Back