paul mitchell's lite detangler vs pantene light conditioning detangler

felicia

not the paul mitchell detangler that you wash out, but the spray one. btw that and the pantene, which is better?

Ive neevr tried paul mitchell but when i spray the pantene before i add any products to my hair, i get no breakage apart from 1 or 2 shed strands. With just leave in, woah, my nape area is very hard to comb without about 10 strands of hair on my comb

The old formula Pantene light detangling spray was one of my staples. When they reformulated the whole line to add "amino acids," the spray started leaving my hair hard and tangly. There are some BSS's here that have the old formula still sitting around on their dusty shelves. When I see it, I buy it. But I've moved on to Phyto's horedum pulp spray. Expensive as hell but no other spray-detangler since Pantene's old formula has managed to detangle my hair and condition it when I spray it on dry hair. Have never tried PM's, but PM products by and large don't work for me.

Last edited:
HermioneWeasley said:
The old formula Pantene light detangling spray was one of my staples. When they reformulated the whole line to add "amino acids," the spray started leaving my hair hard and tangly. There are some BSS's here that have the old formula still sitting around on their dusty shelves. When I see it, I buy it. But I've moved on to Phyto's horedum pupl spray. Expensive as hell but no other spray-detangler since Pantene's old formula has managed to detangle my hair and condition it when I spray it on dry hair. Have never tried PM's, but PM products by and large don't work for me.

OMG I had the same experience and I have been searching for a great liquid leave-in ever since. I'll check out the Phyto one!

sherann said:
OMG I had the same experience and I have been searching for a great liquid leave-in ever since. I'll check out the Phyto one!

Let me know how you like it. It is easily 5x costlier than Pantene :eek: (about $24 a bottle. The cheapest I saw it was at a BSS for $21.99). It's worth it to me because it can be used on wet or dry hair without leaving it hard. The new Dove spray in the light blue bottle for slightly damaged hair isn't bad either, but I don't like the smell and when I use it on dry hair after working out, my hair gets a little hard.

I didn't like either one when Iused them. Paul Mitchell made my hair dry and pantene didn't do anything either.

Back