paul mitchelle skinney relaxing balm and serum

Glamorous_chic

well, i was shopping at ulta and came across these two products. they looked good, and i decided to give them a try. i washed and dc my hair. then i applied some redkin smooth down buttertreat as a leave in, some chi silk infusion, and the skinney relaxing balm and serum. and i was amazed at the results. my hair looks pretty decent. which is amazing to me, b/c my hair never seems to look quite right when i do it. :lachen: now, it doesnt look at good as when its professionally done, but it does look good. i like the fact that it does look thicker/fuller. b/c when i get it professionally done, it looks very fine. not thin, but not really thick either. didnt really see too many posts talking about the relaxing balm, so has anyone used it?? what were your results??

well, i was shopping at ulta and came across these two products. they looked good, and i decided to give them a try. i washed and dc my hair. then i applied some redkin smooth down buttertreat as a leave in, some chi silk infusion, and the skinney relaxing balm and serum. and i was amazed at the results. my hair looks pretty decent. which is amazing to me, b/c my hair never seems to look quite right when i do it. :lachen: now, it doesnt look at good as when its professionally done, but it does look good. i like the fact that it does look thicker/fuller. b/c when i get it professionally done, it looks very fine. not thin, but not really thick either. didnt really see too many posts talking about the relaxing balm, so has anyone used it?? what were your results??
After you applied the Redken Smooth Down Butter Treat, the CHI Silk Infusion, the PM SS Relaxing Balm and the PM SS Serum, what did you do to your hair? Have you ever just used the Redken and the CHI together?

I've used the PM SS Relaxing Balm and the PM SS Serum. I think they're both nice products. They worked well on my relaxed hair. I'm natural now, and I've had success with them on my natural hair too.

I love the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. It's actually lightweight, smells nice and works well. I haven't seen or used the balm before, but I will have to keep a look out.

I won't be repurchasing my Chi Silk Fusions once I run out, they both serve the same purpose in my reggie and the Chi's smelled bothered me and I started not to care for he consistency of it either.

I use both of these products. They are staples. :yep: I use the relaxing balm on damp hair and the serum on my ends only before airdrying. I also use the color care shampoo and surprisingly its a lot less drying than some of the non-sulfate poos that I've tried. :grin:

I haven't tried the balm but I use the Super Skinny all the time to seal and for rollersets.

I like it.

Bumping. Anyone else use the balm?

I just purchased the balm and serum. I've already heard great things about the serum. That's what I went to the store for. Then I read the balm and saw that it's a heat protectant. I'm going to wash my hair now and try them.

I have all the super skinny styling products. I'm still trying to find my groove with how to use the products but I do like them. I like how straight and full my blow dries are with low heat. And I can even flat iron on a low heat (260F) and get nice straight results. It's a good find :)

Okay, ladies. I think I'm in love. I LOVE IT!! I used the Skinny shampoo, conditioner, relaxing balm, and serum to straighten the other day. My hair feels GREAT. It got nice and straight with no blow dryer and the Sedu on 300. :yep: It's been a LONG time since I've been able to get my own hair this straight. I'm sold.

I'll be using the serum on my ends every time I wash. And I'll use the balm every time I wear my hair "out." Otherwise it's just in a bun.

I have the two pm ss products talked about in the op. Like Ajoyfuljoy said i want to find the right technique or me with them.

(and then possibly get the other items being raved about here) I have gotten good results w/ the serum by itself i beleive.. and with both my hair turned out ok.

But i always gravitate towards redken heat glide. So i'll be experimenting w/ them next month.

Okay, you ladies have me rethinking my reggie (well I only developed it two days ago). I have the generic version of the PM Skinny (available at Sally's). I used it with different products and did not see any change in my hair. I never thought to use it AFTER I use the Chi on my ends....trying it tonight!!!! Thanks!

Back