Passing the Time during Growth...

Cherokee-n-Black

Is anyone else bored with their regimen? :lol: I don't know if it's PJ burnout, old age, but I'm in the middle of a 2-year tranistion, and there's nothing to really do. Co-wash, condition, shampoo, DC, bun, braidout, bun some more...uggghhhh...it looks so much faster on hair journey pics/vids! :lachen:

I'm not at that point yet because I don't really have a regimen. And trying to get one seems like a full time job. But your post made me think back to before I ever heard of a HHJ. My journey was from hair appt to hair appt which was either every 2 weeks or once a month depending on the length. I didn't think about my hair much in between.

This hair journey.... It's a different story now.

Yes, and that's usually when I start cutting my hair.

You know how people eat when they're bored? Well ... apparently, I cut when I'm bored. :look:

:lol:

I needed this thread right now. I got a cut on Friday, about 2", and it's shorter than it's been since, idk, the last time I went natural. I have no idea what to do with it at this length and I'm at the point where I just wanna put on a wig and take a nap til it grows back out. :nono: I'm no longer transitioning so I should be happy, but *sigh,* I'm really not.

>>>>we are here<<<<< I am determined to stay on my reggie tho, because I was experimenting with heat a few months ago, and my excitement (read: carelessness) resulted in a mini-setback. So I'm trying to spice things up within my routine of Pre-poo, wash, DC airdry bun. I'm trying to do DC more often and trying to do little DC "cocktails". I'm also watching a ton of YT tutorials on things I plan to do with my hair once my transition is over...that's all I got :look: :lol: long term transitioning really is long, isn't it :ohwell:

I think when I was length checking and taking pics at least monthly there was more anticipation and excitement. Now that I'm trying not to length check, I'm like blaaaaaah (:ohwell:) and I'm losing interest. Ah well. I think everyone feels bored at some time or another. Pressing thru.

I am CERTAINLY bored!! My hair is n't growing fast enough, I've run out of style options... :ohwell::nono: I'm so frustrated right now and feeling like I might not make reach my goals. I feel like there's a set back on the horizon because that's just what my hair does.... I've thought about getting braids but the thought of sitting in someone's chair for 7hrs makes me cringe...

Last edited:
Im with u OP! All i do is wear braids and wigs but I am bored with it. Also since I started with a very short length (above EL) it seems as if its taking forever to grow and kinda makes me start to second guess myself on whether I will be able to reach my goals or not.

Me... although I just put my hair in twists for the first time in a year, and attempted to dye it twice. I might dye again in September because it didn't take- but my hair's really dry and husky so I might have to ditch those dreams...
Might do crochet braids next.
And being on the hair forum doesn't help!

Waiting for growth is booorrrriiiinnnng! Especially when you're always protective styling, which can also get boring! Since I'm slowly recovering from a fear of touching my hair, I'm starting to try to get more into "out" styles. So I'm kinda passing the time by searching for styles I can do on my length of hair which is about 5".

Before when I relaxed and got bored, I'd do a Toni Braxton super short cut about every 3 years and then let it grow out to SL. I repeated that cycle since I was 15, but no more. Now I want LENGTH!!!

So glad it's not just me! I too had a minor setback when I colored my transitioning hair. One of these days I'm gonna post some before and after pics (the color doesn't even look that different!) because my hair went from nicely transitioning to ewwwww! So now, whatever I might be thinking about doing to spice it up, I'm just like "unh-unh!" :nono: Not setting myself back even further. I'm not even excited by length checks, because the relaxed ends are doomed to be chopped. I'm at MBL (stretched) and it's kinda like :kanye shrug: LOL

Since I've cut my hair (beginning of June), my hair has been acting fussy. Now it's short, acting crazy, and my healthy styling options are limited. Bored is not even the word to describe me and my hair right now!

I've become a nail fanatic. I'm trying to keep my hair in braids while I transition so I can't obsess over it.

Extra bored. I've been wearing plaits under a half wig for about 10 months now. I'm on a schedule to flat iron about 4 times a year for now, and that's the only excitement I ever have.

I think once a make apl things will be more exciting for me. I prob won't do anything differently at that point bc I plan to keep growing, but since that was my main/major goal, I won't be feeling as if I'm "waiting" anymore at that point. Anything past apl will just be icing on the cake.

I m not good at styling hair, so I don't even bother trying to experiment w styles, plus its so time consuming on natural hair. And I'm afraid to pay someone to put in braid extensions or any style on my natural hair bc I know they won't be as gentle/careful on my hair as I am. And last time I had kinky twists extensions I remember getting a bunch of bad tangles and the synthetic braid hair irritating my scalp and drying my hair.

Sent from my SGH-T839 using SGH-T839

I'm 4 months shy of my 2 year stretch and I can't wait to take these box braids out. I am planning to take them out anytime after December 2011. I've had dreams of doing my hair and when I get my next relaxer I'm hoping my hair will be flying in the wind. I just want to start combing my scalp. And not saying anything against having dreads but that's is one reason why I couldn't go dread because I love to comb my hair.

Yep, super bored here. I have been watching YT videos non stop trying to learn how to cornrow and flat twist my hair to add a little variety and I just don't get it :/

Me too! :ohwell: I wear the same boring style (wet bun) and buy the same products and I'm not a product junkie so there's nothing new at all for me. I'm just waiting to be full MBL. :perplexed

I'm bored - but focused (don't do anything you will regret....don't do anything you will regret)

I'm about to start a whirlwind semester at school so I know I'm going to be occupied with all kinds of projects. In the meantime I will continue to take my Nioxin and keep my hair moisturized. I am hoping to reach APL by December. :grin:

Back