Parting Hair in the Same Spot....

hot_pepper96

Guys,

Has anyone noticed that parting your hair in the same spot have caused the hair to thin out or appear thin in some areas?

I haven't, but I've heard of it happenening and it makes sense - you would be exposing the same spot to repeated stress, and potential breakage. It concerned me enough that I stopped parting in the same spot, and do styles that don't require that....

I have that fear so I need to try to stop parting my hair in the same area too! I haven't noticed anything negative but it's strange how the parts seem permanent even after washing my hair.

*Bre~Bre* said:
I have that fear so I need to try to stop parting my hair in the same area too! I haven't noticed anything negative but it's strange how the parts seem permanent even after washing my hair.

I don't part my hair straight down the middle on a regular basis but when I'm washing my hair, it always automatically separates in the middle.

Nope.
I had a centre parting for about 7 years and there was no thinning.

(I have a side parting now, I think it works better than a centre parting for above shoulder length hair on me)

camellia said:
No. I've been parting my hair down the middle for over 10 years with no ill effects.

It has been over 10 years for me also. No problems at all.

I've never had an issue with a part thinning my hair in any way. I know this is a little off topic but I generally have more issues with the side I sleep on. It tends to be thinner since my scarf slides back when I sleep.

I don't continually part my hair in the same spot. (well, there was a time I didn't have any hair to part either)

I just switch it like every 4 days out of sheer boredom. Sometimes I don't like wearing a part at all.

-A

hot_pepper96 said:
Guys,

Has anyone noticed that parting your hair in the same spot have caused the hair to thin out or appear thin in some areas?
Nope, not me, and I almost always part my hair in the same spot.

camellia said:
No. I've been parting my hair down the middle for over 10 years with no ill effects.

I am a center parter myself. :lol: No ill effects either. But then again I don't put it in styles that tug from the part either.

Back