Parachute coconut oil? What are the benefits to the hair?

nadine1977canada

I went to an indian store to by parachute coconut oil...What is the benefit of that oil?

Some people claim that it promotes hair growth. Some claim when used with castor oil it gives excellent thickeness result...Anyone know what the big deal about coconut oil is?

In general it contains fatty acids and proteins that are good for the hair and scalp. I read that it has a smaller molecular weight than other oils, so it penetrates better. Also the texture itself is lighter than most other oils, so you can get shine and conditioning without the extra weight.

I actually just did an overnight treatment with coconut oil. It's the only oil that I can leave on my scalp for extended amounts of time. Everything else makes my scalp itch. When I do an overnight treatment, my scalp just feels cleaner after I shampoo.

myco said:
In general it contains fatty acids and proteins that are good for the hair and scalp. I read that it has a smaller molecular weight than other oils, so it penetrates better. Also the texture itself is lighter than most other oils, so you can get shine and conditioning without the extra weight.

I actually just did an overnight treatment with coconut oil. It's the only oil that I can leave on my scalp for extended amounts of time. Everything else makes my scalp itch. When I do an overnight treatment, my scalp just feels cleaner after I shampoo.

Thanks for the response!!! I never tried it as a pre poo. I will do a pre poo with it on my next wash.:)

I have that oil it's in the blue bottle right? I also have natural coconut oil that a friend of mines mother in St. Lucia made, and they are completely different. Real coconut oil doesn't necessarily have that coconutty smell and it is a bit brown. I prefer to use the all natural one, but I skimp on it since it's so hard to come by.

Back