Pantene Pro-v Beautiful Lengths Shampoo....how is it so great if.....

it has Ammonium Laureth Sulfate and Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate? I mean I've been seeing the commericals for the Beautiful lengths line, and it makes me want to buy the shampoo, I have the conditioner so I can use that to co-wash, but they praise the line, but I don't understand how if it has those two sulfates in it. I read that Ammonium Laureth and Ammonium Lauryl could be damaging to hair......so why is it so popluar?

My mom was complaining of major breakage and dry itchy scalp. Come to find out she was using this shampoo. I gave her my Elucence Moisture Balance poo now her hair is back to normal.

I wondered the same thing about Herbal Essence's. What's so herbal about it?

I think Pantene is just trying to compete with Herbal Essence's Long Term Relationship, but from an odd angle - giving women an idea (who don't know any better) that it'll make your hair grow.

It pretty much has the same ingredients as their other shampoos and conditioners. The ingredients in it (b-5 and panthenol), I guess, are there for the purpose of keeping the hair on your head. Thus, you can keep the length because of the products ability to provide moisture ("AquaCurrent Science").

There are tons of other products out there that have these simple ingredients. It doesn't seem that special or different than anything else out there in the market :rolleyes:

I've never used it but,

a) some people don't have a problem with Ammonium Laureth Sulfate and Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate
b) some people do have a problem with it and haven't realized it yet
c) maybe it does just work really well for some people

I still use shampoos with Lauryl Sulfates with no noticeable differences. I tried JASON biotin shampoo which is Lauryl sulfate-free, but has other sulfates and I didn't see any difference in my hair at all. I love Garnier Fructis and their products are full of sulfates & cones.

For me, shampooing is more about technique than ingredients.

sulfates dry out my hair and cause tangles but i wouldn't consider that damage. i'd rather use creme of nature (old version) which doesn't have sulfates

ALS is gentler than SLS.

I've reviewed SLS-poos that made my hair feel better than my usual SLS-free brands and ALS poos that made my hair feel as good if not better than my SLS-free brands and I've used SLS-poos that might as well have been dawn.

It depends on the shampoo, your technique and your scalps chemistray as to whether these are an issue or not.

I wouldn't write them off altogether, the best poo I've used yet was SLS based, but very high quality...however, get to know your scalp over a trial size poo with these ingredients if you want to see how your scalp reacts or don't worry about it and only use SLS free poos.

I've reviewed several in my drugstore album if you're interested. HTH.

Back