PAGING TRACY!!!! Re: MY MOM's HAIR

BlkMane

PAGING TRACY!!!! Re: MY MOM\'s HAIR

Tracy-
I wrote you a long post under Brownrelaxedhair's post entitled. "Got Colorshine Done Yesterday"

Re: PAGING TRACY!!!! Re: MY MOM\'s HAIR

Sorry hun, been busy. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

But I'm sure the Liquid Amber will be fine. The Mahghany would be too. Since you can see your Mom's natural haircolor you'd really be a better judge than I.

Sorry I didn't catch you before you went to the BS.

I was going to get the Mahogany, but they didn't have it. So, I settled on the Liquid Amber.

Good choice. So good in fact that I think I'm going to use it to bring my hair closer to a medium reddish brown than the FLAME it is now!

Let me know too how it all goes (when are you doing it?) and how YOUR hair turns out when you do it. I'll keep you posted on my return to normalcy. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif I'm sick of all the attention I get with this color. And I like the enhanced shine dark hair can lend. I'll miss it - but I think it's gotta go. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Giiiiiirl!! Well, let me update you:

I did my mom's hair. I gave her a Metalex treatment since we were going to do a ColorShines on her hair on her relaxer day and she constantly applies semi-perm color to her hair.

I wanted her to get the Metalex done A FEW DAYS before the relaxer, but she kept putting it off, so we ended up applying the Metalex and washing/conditioning/drying her hair either one or two days before her relaxer.

I relaxed her with Motions Oil Moisturizer Mild, applied the Motions Silk Protein conditioner (10 minutes), then neutralized and applied the Sebastian ColorShines in Liquid Amber.

Well,.....my mom's hair is a MEDIUM BROWN with gray sprinkled throughout. The Liquid Amber turned her hair DARK, DARK BROWN (almost looks BLACK from a distance). Upon close inspection of her hair, SOME of her gray hairs look light reddish/orangey (but not bad) upclose and the rest of her hair (including some of the gray) is that extremely dark brown. NOT AT ALL THE RESULTS WE WERE GOING FOR. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

But, she is going to wash her hair again this week and that should lighten it more.

Have you used Liquid Amber before? If you have or see it in the shop, tell me, what color does it look when you open the bottle and squirt out a bit. The one I had DID LOOK dark brown, but I assumed that it would look "red/golden brown" as it was described on the bottle.

Unless there was something wrong with the bottle I purchased, I think this is fault advertising. After all, the color is recommended for "dark blondes, medium browns and red heads." If it turned my mom's hair THAT dark, I would assume a it would make a blonde's hair black!

BTW- It covered my mom's gray completely in the front, the gray around her hairline doesn't even look reddish.

We left the color on her hair for 30 minutes under the dryer, then let it cool for 10 minutes before rinsing it out.

My mom doesn't hate the color, it's just much, much darker than anticipated. At least it will wash out.

BTW- I also subjected my father to a "salon" treatment. I even gave him a conditioning treatment (protein) and made him use the bonnet dryer for 20 minutes! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I used Dady Jojoba Shampoo, Motions Silk Protein (mixed with oil), then Tropical Avocado and a little Black N' Sassy Creamy Set as a leave-in which enhanced his curls which tend to go straight sometimes (he's a 2b/3b or so) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Surprisingly...he liked it.

(I haven't done anything else to MY hair yet.)

Well - looks like more apologies are in order on my end...I'm having a bad week her aren't I? First BRH's Fantasia disaster and now this...:sigh:

Well sorry Blkmane -- /images/graemlins/frown.gif I really thought this would be fine on her. I actually think I recommended Golden Walnut at first....perhaps that would have been a better choice...? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Sorry she didn't like it. I've used Liquid Amber on my hair before - the results didn't come out excessively dark at all. But my idea of that and your Mom's may not be the same.
/images/graemlins/frown.gif . I don't think anything was wrong with the bottle to be honest. I think her hair just absorbed more color than we expected...

Sorry to bust in on your convo here guys. I posted this to Tracy in the Hair Dye thread but I'm trying not to start a new "Paging Tracy" thread for it. lol

I have a question about color. My hair color is a Level 3, my hair type is 4a/b (I think). Anyway I'm going to have my stylist do Sebastian Colourshines on me in Dec. I liked the look that the Ginger color gave brownrelaxedhair in her pics, but I want something more dramatic. I went to their site to pick one.
Would using Red-Ality or maybe Reddissimo work for me, or would it just be weird or not change my color at all?

Here is the link: Sebastian Reds

Tracy,

I replied to your last post earlier today and now that I'm looking I see that it didn't post!

Girl, don't know how my earlier post read, but I don't blame you for the little mishap. /images/graemlins/blush.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

After all, I (little Miss ME) picked that color. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I assumed that it would be a lighter brown based on the name (liquid amber) and the description of the base colors (red/golden brown) and the suggested users (dk. blondes, medium brown, red hair). It's funny, but actually the Liquid Amber looked VERY DARK in the bottle too. Not light brown or goldish looking at all...just dark brown.

Well...we WILL try the Sebastians again...maybe a Mahogany or Mahogany and Golden Walnut mix?

Blkmane - Oh no...of course I KNOW you aren't blaming me...I just feel bad you know...

I want all of the experiences to be PUUUURFECT - especially if I made any recommendations....LOL!

The color should wash out soon - if not fast enough for Mom do another Metalex treatment....

Maybe she's prefer clear - the Mahoghany is pretty dark as well. Came out almost black on me when I used it....

A mix of neutral brown and golden walnut would be what I would do on my hair if I wanted a medium golden brown....

Oh and BTW - I posted a question to you on the skincare board....can you answer that when you get a minute....

I think I already answered your skin care question...unless you posted another one.

Back