PAGING JADE and other Vitamin Gurus

leejure

wave.gif

Okay, so I am finally able to start my vitamin regimen since I weaned my son completely! This is what I am taking, can you tell me if it's okay? Thanks in advance!

DAILY CONSUMPTION
Kal Silica Plus
MSM (1,000 mg)
BIOTIN (600 mcg)
PANTOTHENIC ACID (550 mg)
MULTI-VITAMIN (Well my prenatals, I still have a lot of them left)

So what do you think? I ain't gonna pass out from all of these vitamins am I?
confused.gif

hey, leejure!

you know i'm not a guru, but i think your choices are great. which biotin are you taking? you might wanna up the amount to 5mg.

adrienne

***OT*****
Congratulaions Lee!!! Way to go on the weaning! I am still working on the pacifier and the infamous "potty"

I am no vitamin guru either but It doe snot sound liek u are taking too much but liek Adriene I woudl suggest atleast 5mg (5000mcg) of Biotin

Hi Lee!! I'm also not a vitamin guru, but I remember someone mentioning the benefits of a good B-complex vitamin. You might want to look into that. I think B-complex helps various vitamins work well together. I'm sure Jade can clarify this much better than I can. And I agree with the other ladies - you might want to up your biotin to about 5 mgs. Check out the 'PP Biotin Bristling Follicular Action' thread, and don't let our nutcase rantings there scare you off!!!
grin.gif
Lots of people reported really good results with 5 mg Puritan Pride Biotin. I hope this helps.

I think that's a good start, you might want to alternate days so you don't overload. I would add folic acid, and B-12, Vitamin C (helps absorbtion) , and some amino acids, if they are not already in the prenatals.
hth
smile.gif

Hey, Lee!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
So what do you think? I ain't gonna pass out from all of these vitamins am I?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, my friend, you are not going to pass out and you do NOT need to alternate days. What you have here is fine to take on a daily basis. I do agree with the other ladies about the biotin...up that to 5mg daily. And, yes, I would suggest you add a B-complex 50mg am and 50mg pm to what you have. Those prenatals generally have few B vitamins and your hair really loves them
grin.gif
For both the biotin and the B-complex, definitely check out the sale at Puritan's Pride.

Happy Spring to you,

Jade

Back