Paging all Hot Six Oil Users

Islandgirl

when you moisturize your hair with the hot six oil, do you usually put something else in your hair along with the hot six oil? or how do you use it?
wave.gif
thanks

Hot 6 Oil works for me best after my hair has been airdried straight. It gives a little bit of weight to the strands, nothing heavy, that tends to kill frizz. After I apply it, I can roll my hair up, then take the rollers out the next morning, and then wrap the hair, and my hair is nice, bouncy, not dry looking, looks thick and full, but not heavy. I love that stuff.
laugh.gif

It's also great for sheen. My hair is dyed a light, orangey brown and this along with TCB is great for bringing out the shine in my haircolor. I like it best on my hair after it's been freshly shampooed. I can't use it on my scalp or I will get mad itchies.
nuts.gif

No, I don't use anything else with the oil. I just run the oil thru my damp hair after the conditioner only wash. That's all I need to put it back up into my bun.

karonica and caramela thanks for your replies! i'm going to try it by itself tomorrow, and i will definitely try it on my next wash when i airdry. thanks again ladies

I use it after conditioner washes. I put scurl spray in first then run the hot six oil all over, mainly on the ends. The hair dries very nicely when the oil is put in first on the wet hair.

here ya go:
Ingredients
Olive Oil , Canola Oil , Wheat Germ , Sweet Almond Oil , Safflower Oil , Castor Oil , Sesame Oil , Vitamin E , Vitamin A , Vitamin D , Cyclomethicone , Sheep Sorrell , Yarrow , Wheat Germ , Slippery Elm Bark , BLack Walnut , Chamomile , Jaborandi Heavenly Hemp , Alfalfa , Hyssop , Fragrance

I wonder what the Cyclomethicone is?

never mind:

Cyclomethicone
Silicone polymer sourced from silica, from sands. This
produces an excellent skin conditioning, emollient
lubricant. Non-greasy, it reduces friction and is highly
skin protective.

And it'slike the 11th ingredient on the list

olive oil, canola oil, wheat germ ol, sweet almond oil, safflower oil, castor oil, sesame oil, vitamins E, A, & D, cyclomethicone, sheep sorrell, yarrow, wheat germ, slippery elm bark, sage, henna, comfrey, burdock, root, goldenseal, cherery bark, black walnut, chamomile, jaborandi (heavenly hemp) alfalfa, hyssop, and fragrance.

i compared this to the wonder 8 oil, and i think the hot six had a more impressive list (wonder 8 had some of those chemical ingredients, while hot six have 14 natural herbs)

Hot 6 Oil smells does smell nice, but I'm allergic to hyssop. I can't use a lot of oil blends b/c of that, which is why I use Africa's Best Oil.

[ QUOTE ]
when you moisturize your hair with the hot six oil, do you usually put something else in your hair along with the hot six oil? or how do you use it?
wave.gif
thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

THIS IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE OIL
cool.gif

This oil penetrates my strands like nobody's bitness!

Anywho, I use it:

1) After my leave in to seal in the moisture, concentrating on my new growth (with a spout bottle) & ends

2) Hot oil treatments

3) Scalp massages (only a few thus far, mixed with peppermint & rosemary oils).

4) Mid day mists (mixed with pure glycerine & distilled water)

5) I especially love this oil when I want straight hair. After my leave in, & hot 6 oil, I'll do a wet bun & allow it to dry about 75%. Then I'll undo the bun add more hot 6 throughout (kinda heavily), then redo the bun. When fully dry, my hair is really straight
trampoline.gif
(on top that is...), has a nice sheen, bouncing all over the place yet not all greasy
mad.gif
I have pics of this in my album
cool.gif

Oh another thing, when I was relaxed I loved to use hot 6 alone.

I just started using the Hot Six about 2 weeks ago, but I love it already!!
clap.gif
I usually put it in my air dryed hair, after I wash it, but today I tried it in my damp hair-I think it worked a little better in my damp hair to help stop the frizzes. I use it alone.

gabrielle_union.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
I use it after conditioner washes. I put scurl spray in first then run the hot six oil all over, mainly on the ends. The hair dries very nicely when the oil is put in first on the wet hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's exactly how I use it. I love this oil!

Sorry Islandgirl, I know this is off topic....

Mspretty, do u mind posting pics of ur shoulder length natural hair?
poke.gif
poke.gif
I'd luv to see 'em
trampoline.gif

Thanks sweetie
Rose.gif
v

Back