Oyin's Products: Great Stuff!!!

so1913

Oyin\'s Products: Great Stuff!!!

I would like to express how proud I am of all the black entrepreneur women out there doing their thing and providing us with healthy, natural, and quality alternatives to some of the commercial "crap" out there on the market. I will continue to support, as I believe greatly in what they do.

Ok, now to the review =)

I put in a re-order of Oyin Whipped Pudding (this would have to be one of the best "butter" mixtures out there) This stuff dissolves so easily into wet hair, it's easy to spread and distribute through the hair. Plus it's not heavy. I also purchased the Grand Poo Bar which I haven't used in the past, the Honey Hemp Conditioner which has a light natural orange scent, re-order of shine and define serum which is great as well, and I still had some Greg Juice which I seemed to neglect and just recently realized how great this stuff is.

The problem I've been having is that my hair has been feeling like wool, dry and a little crunchy. Most likely due to excessive washing. For some reason, once I sleep on my hair, there's no bouncing back :-( It just has to be washed/rinsed again, and because I’m not good at twists and other stuff, wash and wear is the style of the time for me. Anyway, I pulled out the Greg's Juice a couple of days ago and tried it out on freshly washed hair. First of all, this stuff has a refreshing, clean, herbal scent. Secondly, it immediately softened my hair and added a natural sheen. Once fully dry, that dry crunchy feeling was gone, my hair was soft and shiny without the oil, curls were naturally and subtlety defined (you know, not that product defined curl look) and my hair was extra fluffy.

Luckily I had put in my order, so my new batch of products arrived yesterday. This morning, got up used the Grand Poo Bar. The lather on this shampoo bar was incredible. The smell, natural, light, and clean. I can compare the lather to that of Skintimate Shaving Gel once it gets all lathered up. I was able to detangle with my shower comb with the rich lather from the poo bar. I rinsed, and my hair was CLEAN, but did not feel stripped at all. I applied the Honey Hemp Conditioner, which seemed to immediately soften the hair. The conditioner was light and very water-soluble. You could tell that this would rinse clean as well, not leaving build up, or leave you in the shower for 10 min just trying to rinse the conditioner off. Combed through and let sit for a few minutes as I finished showering. I rinsed it out, jumped out the shower, and spayed with my reunited friend Greg's juice. I then applied the oh so lovely Whipped Pudding this time instead of the Shine and Define Serum and diffused. Results, A fluffy head of truly soft, naturally defined curls (you know, not that artificial look you get with some gels and mousse and curl creams that make your hair look like your making it curl in a way it just wasn't meant to curl. I absolutely love the type of shine you get with the Whipped Pudding, you can tell it doesn't have a lot of wax in it, first few ingredients: spring water, shea, aloe vera gel, and cocoa butter. The shine is a clean shine, like your hair is shining from within. Maybe it's the Honey, don't know, but this stuff is great. And if I could find a man that smelled like this, it would be OVER! LOL.

the site address is: http://oyin.exittheapple.com/

She has some well-priced gift/packaged deals to try out the products if you just want to give it a test. 2oz of Greg's Juice, Shine & Define Serum, Whipped Pudding, and Honey Hemp Conditioner is $14.50. Plus customer service is great; I always get a personal message when my order is received and when I should expect to see it.

I apologize for being long winded, but hey, it's been a while since I reviewed some stuff! I updated my album with pics of products and todays results.

Re: Oyin\'s Products: Great Stuff!!!

great review! IKve been interested in these products, especially the greg juice.

I have been curious about shampoo bars for a long time. I think I'm going to try this one. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Sounds great! I was just exploring the website when I came here and saw your post.

The products are very good quality. If any of you try them, let me know what you think!

so1913, how do you use the shampoo bar? is it like soap? do you rub your hands on it and put the lather in your hair? TIA for your help.

I've checked out their website before and have it bookmarked. Maybe I'll add the trial packages to my Christmas list. [Another black-owned all-natural hair care product line is Asha, have you tried her stuff? I *love* it!]

[ QUOTE ]
so1913 said:
The products are very good quality. If any of you try them, let me know what you think!

[/ QUOTE ]
This is off topic but I just looked at your album and WHOA! Your natural hair is totally off the chain! I'm so jealous! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nyambura said:
so1913, how do you use the shampoo bar? is it like soap? do you rub your hands on it and put the lather in your hair? TIA for your help.

I've checked out their website before and have it bookmarked. Maybe I'll add the trial packages to my Christmas list. [Another black-owned all-natural hair care product line is Asha, have you tried her stuff? I *love* it!]

[/ QUOTE ]

The shampoo bar I rubbed on sections of my wet hair at the scalp and then just worked up the lather through out my hair. You don't have to do it a lot either, you'd be amazed at the lather that comes out of a few swipes of the bar.

Yep, I love Asha's as well. I put in an order for some of her new products and will give a review of that line once I give the new stuff a shot. The Sunkissed smells sooooo good. Asha's and Oyin's are all I've been using for some time now...

[ QUOTE ]
IrisDaVirus said:
[ QUOTE ]
so1913 said:

[/ QUOTE ]
This is off topic but I just looked at your album and WHOA! Your natural hair is totally off the chain! I'm so jealous! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww, thanks, but nothing to be jealous of...beleive me! lol

Thanks for the info and review, I'm going to order some stuff when I get paid.

[ QUOTE ]
Tene said:
Thanks for the info and review, I'm going to order some stuff when I get paid.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out the gift set for under $15 to sample all the hair products (minus shampoo bar) I think it's a good deal. I actually ordered one as a small gift for the holidays to give to one of my really good natural friends here at home.

so1913, your hair is GORGEOUS! What a natural inspiration. I hope my hair looks as good as yours when I get the nerve to cut off my relaxed ends.

I didn’t like these products. :( I bought the gift set and the Grand Poo Bar. The Grand Poo Bar left my hair squeaky clean (not good). The Honey Hemp Conditioner smelled great, but my hair absorbed it immediately. I almost emptied the 2 oz. bottle and it was as if my hair had no product on it at all! I left it on for about 15 minutes hoping for the best. I ended up having to slather on some Elucence MB to be able to get a comb through my hair. :( I may try what's left of the HH conditioner with a different shampoo.

I could tell by just looking at the Whipped Pudding that it would be too heavy for my hair. The consistency is more like a heavy hair butter than a pudding. It’s great on my dry hands, though. This time of year my hands are usually white with ash. I either have to apply lotion several times a day or walk around with shea butter-y hands. But I only have to apply the Whipped Pudding after I wash my hands. I may buy more just for my hands! :) It smells better than shea butter, too. The Greg Juice was nice. But I like My Honeychild Natural Hair Humectants better.

I haven’t tried the Shine & Define yet.

PhonyBaloney500 said:
BUMP! (Don't get mad at me RUsh, lol)

Any other reviews?????
:lachen: :lachen: OMG!! I was just looking at this thread last night..:lachen: I was gonna bump it..and then I said.. I better not..LOL Whatcha getting??:lol: I want to get the Greg Juice and the Whipped Pudding..:lol:

sassygirl125 said:
I didn’t like these products. :( I bought the gift set and the Grand Poo Bar. The Grand Poo Bar left my hair squeaky clean (not good). The Honey Hemp Conditioner smelled great, but my hair absorbed it immediately. I almost emptied the 2 oz. bottle and it was as if my hair had no product on it at all! I left it on for about 15 minutes hoping for the best. I ended up having to slather on some Elucence MB to be able to get a comb through my hair. :( I may try what's left of the HH conditioner with a different shampoo.

I could tell by just looking at the Whipped Pudding that it would be too heavy for my hair. The consistency is more like a heavy hair butter than a pudding. It’s great on my dry hands, though. This time of year my hands are usually white with ash. I either have to apply lotion several times a day or walk around with shea butter-y hands. But I only have to apply the Whipped Pudding after I wash my hands. I may buy more just for my hands! :) It smells better than shea butter, too. The Greg Juice was nice. But I like My Honeychild Natural Hair Humectants better.

I haven’t tried the Shine & Define yet.
WOW you thought it was too heavy for your hair huh? Did you actually wind up trying it on your hair though or no?? There is someone on NC that loves this stuff..I'll have to see what her hair type is.. I still definitely want that Greg Juice though!:)

I never even tried the pudding on my hair. Thick hair butters always make my hair feel stiff. I don't mind using them to slick my hair back, though.

I may try it today. I'm not going anywhere. :lol:

thanks for the review sassy...i was browsing last nite on the various pudding products by different companies...i was wondering how the whipped pudding by oyin was also good for body and hair...never seen any other pudding products used for body too (could be wrong)...so based on this i know its not for me....i have a few butters for slicking and thats not what im looking for a pudding...

The name Whipped Pudding made me think it would be a lighter product. It looks and feels like soft shea butter to me. But I'm going to try it on my hair anyway.

sassygirl125 said:
The name Whipped Pudding made me think it would be a lighter product. It looks and feels like soft shea butter to me. But I'm going to try it on my hair anyway.
Okay..I found the post about the girl who tried the Oyin products..I'll copy and paste what she said.. she says she has 4a hair with patches of 3c/LOIS daughter O/S spongy fine..

Here is what she has said:

It's so funny to come across this---I just tried Oyin hair products for the first time this am.

Grand Poo bar---I love shampoo bars and this is a great one. Amazing lather for no major detergents and my hair felt very clean.

The conditioner was great---Really good detangler (esp considering I am in dire need of a trim) but rinsed clean. The only drawback was my hair sucked up the entire sample size pretty much.

The whipped pudding is amazing light in texture. It also smells
DELICIOUS! My hair is nice and soft, a bit fluffy (which I like, my fine hair gets easily weighed down and with a light hand this did not weigh it down which is unusual for me with butters) 6-7 hours after application. I won't give a final grade until I use it a few times, but definitely promising.

THen later she said:

Just wanted to post an update of my review of the whipped pudding now that I've had some time to use and evaluate it.

In short, I am very fond of it!

In the past when I've tried to use "butter" products (including CD healthy hair butter and others), they have been way to thick and greasy and even when I tried to use a light hand would still have very producty hair and greasy hair. Too light a hand and I got no benefit.

With the whipped pudding, it is so light and airy that I don't have that problem. I conditioner my hair and detangle, rinse out some or most of the conditioner, warm the pudding between my hand and apply to my hair while hair is soaking wet. 2-3 fingerfuls goes a long way and I could probably use less. When dry, my hair is so extremely soft, fluffy, not weighed down (my hair is fine and many products do weigh it down). It does not feel greasy in the least---the product absorbs very quickly, even on dry hair (used a bit on hair on non wash days). Great nonoffensive natural scent (smells like cocoa butter with a just a hint of fruit).

My coils are popping on this. It's also fabulous for my dry skin. I think I'm going to have to get a big tub of this. My winter hair is really enjoying this. Not sure if I'll use it as much in warmer humid weather, but for now it's just what my hair needs.

Hope you all are having luck with it!

She just posted this today:

I love the shampoo bar. It gives an amazing amount of lather but doesn't strip my hair or leave any residue. My hair has been very fluffy and happy.

I had a sample size of the conditioner in the sample pack which I only really had enough to barely use once so I can't give it a full fledged review. I will say I really liked it and I thought it detangled really well.

I'm pretty much in love now with the whipped pudding, the honeysticks and the Greg juice (the smell is intoxicating).

And someone posted the ingredients:

whipped pudding contains: spring water, shea butter, organic aloe vera gel, cocoa butter, castor, coconut, sweet almond, and olive oils, organic raw honey, vegetable glycerine, vegetable emulsifier, beeswax, palm stearic acid, grapefruit seed extract & germaben II-E (as preservative and antioxidant); essential oils of rosemary and lavender... and love!

What do you guys think about beeswax being in products?? Yay or nay?

Hmmm... Since her hair reacts to butters the same way mine does I may have good results with the Whipped Pudding after all. :)

RushGirl said:
:lachen: :lachen: OMG!! I was just looking at this thread last night..:lachen: I was gonna bump it..and then I said.. I better not..LOL Whatcha getting??:lol: I want to get the Greg Juice and the Whipped Pudding..:lol:

LOL!!! ;);)
Well I ordered the sample pack lol! I couldn't wait for the replies--I'll post a review when I use them! I figure if I try this, and maybe the Asha's moisturizer thingie next month, and then maybe something from Myhoneychild, then I'll never buy products ever again! ;);)

I love Oyin's everything, ok I can't really say that since I've only tried the whipped pudding and Greg's juice and I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

The Greg's Jucie is great when my hair is in twists b/c it freshens them up so much and it add so much moisture. Sometimes too much but that's always my fault ;)

The Whipped Pudding is the lightest thing on the earth, purr-fect for my fine hair. When I first saw it I was like this might be heavy but when I rubbed it into my hand it just melted. My hair was in moisture heaven.

Now with all these post about natural products, I've been tempted to just go all the way with shampoo and conditoner. Sadly that means waving goodbye to my Nexxus babies but if the natural stuff can do better bring it on.

Now I just have to decide who to try first Oyin, Asha, or Honeychild:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

sassygirl125 said:
I didn’t like these products. :( I bought the gift set and the Grand Poo Bar. The Grand Poo Bar left my hair squeaky clean (not good).
Did the shampoo bar make your hair feel dry? or do you just not like having squeaky clean feeling hair?

You are the first person, out of the hundreds of reviews that I've read who doesn't like Oyin products.

oyin.exittheapple.com

Did the shampoo bar make your hair feel dry? or do you just not like having squeaky clean feeling hair?

Stripped and dry and tangled and in need of handfuls of a moisturizing conditioner just to be able to comb it. :( My scalp felt tight like when you wash your hands with public restroom soap.

I normally don't put shampoo directly on my hair. I dilute it and use an applicator bottle. I wet my hair and finger parted my hair and rubbed the Poo Bar over my scalp, but my hair is short and it was impossible not to get it on my hair, too.

Back