OYIN HEMP... NOW SMELLS SOUR

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

Has anyone ever... ever...EVER encountered an OYIN Honey Hemp that
smells sour (either initially or upon subsequent use?)

I purchased several 32 ounces for Black Friday... gave a couple away as Christmas gifts and now the only one that I have opened (still more than 3/4 full) smells super sour!

Has anyone ever experienced a sour Oyin Honey Hemp or Oyin product?

(afroveda flash back... I mean i received it the 2nd week of December, already sour? refrigerated product?)

I'm afraid to open another bottle

did you check with the persons you gave the other bottles to?

Ive been using mine since BF and no probs.

Has anyone ever... ever...EVER encountered an OYIN Honey Hemp that
smells sour (either initially or upon subsequent use?)

I purchased several 32 ounces for Black Friday... gave a couple away as Christmas gifts and now the only one that I have opened (still more than 3/4 full) smells super sour!

Has anyone ever experienced a sour Oyin Honey Hemp or Oyin product?

(afroveda flash back... I mean i received it the 2nd week of December, already sour? refrigerated product?)

I'm afraid to open another bottle

Lemme Go Open One:blush: *i just sold one on the exchange forum...so i hope not*:look:

BRB!:sad:

Lemme Go Open One:blush: *i just sold one on the exchange forum...so i hope not*:look:

BRB!:sad:

Okay. It smells just like the one I finished up about a week or so ago....:perplexed

I don't 'think' it smells sour. It just smells 'different'. It's a kinda weird smell anyway (IMO)

that's why i keep those products in the frig. my bathroom gets really hot. what's the shelf life of the Honey Hemp?

It smells kinda Tarty-Tangy anyway.:perplexed

Definitely not a sweet smell. Kinda citrusy-strange.:lol:

What are you smelling? *er..um..not to sound gross*:look:

i don't know, when first opened it was a very OVERPOWERING sweet candy smell.... now that candy is sour candy i guess... but not pleasant

this iiiish says 6 mnths , no 6 mnths has past

but no other descriptive terms that i can think of .... just sour + that candy mix

it definitely did not smell sour initially, my guess is the preservative amount was not adequate on this batch and/or bottle

i always thought it smelled like honey and oranges.

i think all of oyin products have to be used within 6 months.

i don't know, when first opened it was a very OVERPOWERING sweet candy smell.... now that candy is sour candy i guess... but not pleasant

this iiiish says 6 mnths , no 6 mnths has past

but no other descriptive terms that i can think of .... just sour + that candy mix

it definitely did not smell sour initially, my guess is the preservative amount was not adequate on this batch and/or bottle

Interesting?:ohwell:

The Bottle I just used up, I got from another Poster a while back -- smells identical to the one I just opened. Kinda Citrusy-Weird. They smell the same.

It's hard to describe. Neither bottle smells/smelled nothing like Candy Sweet tho'.:nono:

More like a Tangy-Tart Strange Baby Asprin smell?:lol:

yea it is an orangy smell. not too sweet.
did you keep it in your shower? maybe it being in a steamy place made it go bad. ive never kept a bottle more than 3 months, if that. i like it so much i use it up right away.

i will tell you though that i ordered some oyin stuff from curlmart a while ago and 2 of the products seemed "different". the honey hemp being one of them. i dont remember if the smell was off but the texture sure was.

did you keep it in your shower? maybe it being in a steamy place made it go bad. ive never kept a bottle more than 3 months, if that. i like it so much i use it up right away.

i will tell you though that i ordered some oyin stuff from curlmart a while ago and 2 of the products seemed "different". the honey hemp being one of them. i dont remember if the smell was off but the texture sure was.

It's a very strange orange:lol: tho'.

Yea this has happened to me before, but I noticed the sour scent much later than 3 months. I think after a while it starts to smell a little funky

i agree, its not orange orange:giggle: its like orange mixed with something else.

Yeah, it has a strange Orangey smell.:look: At first, I was a little put off by the smell, but I love the results and ended up getting use to it.:lol:

It's Tarty/Tangy/Different. But not sweet.:nono:

Yea this has happened to me before, but I noticed the sour scent much later than 3 months. I think after a while it starts to smell a little funky

yeah and i don't know how long they had the "32 ounces shelved" most people probably order the smaller units

they may have unloaded these for black friday

but this shyyyyyte is definitely leaning towards funk-da-fied

nope.... i haven't washed my hair in the shower all winter...sink only

i have a ton of kckt.... noticed the "texture" different on some (batches seem different from different vendors)

let me go b4 i get angry :rolleyes:

I just got the Oyin Honey Hemp for the first time and when I smelled it I thought it was kinda pine-y. I was surprised because everyone raved about the sweet smell. It works really well, but the smell is definitely "meh" for me. I was about to consign it to product limbo but when I used it, I really liked the results. So I can put up with the smell, I guess.

I just got the Oyin Honey Hemp for the first time and when I smelled it I thought it was kinda pine-y. I was surprised because everyone raved about the sweet smell. It works really well, but the smell is definitely "meh" for me. I was about to consign it to product limbo but when I used it, I really liked the results. So I can put up with the smell, I guess.

Yeah...It's a Tart-Off smell.:perplexed

I felt the exact same way. @bolded

it smells like ripe a$$ starbursts with some sugar to me. I've never had a smell deviation, even on stuff I've had for more than 6 months. Did you shake it up?

*goes to smell my bottle of honey hemp...remembers im sick and cant smell anything =/* but i think i remember it smelling citrusy like sprite/7up & candy?

After this Thread: I read up on OHH on the Oyin Website.:look:

They said the 'smell might go funny' and to buy what you can use up within 6 months.:yep:

*although they said if properly stored..it can last up to one year*

yup... I thought mine was sour too... I know exactly what you're smelling.. and the shine and define smells like that too.. boo. Can't they just make everything smell like dew.... and burnt sugar pomade... I don't like the honey hemp scent..lol.

yup... I thought mine was sour too... I know exactly what you're smelling.. and the shine and define smells like that too.. boo. Can't they just make everything smell like dew.... and burnt sugar pomade... I don't like the honey hemp scent..lol.

*fabulosity*

I agree. I don't care for the scent either. But I love the Overall Performance.:grin:

i love ceramide based conditioner like aubrey's and have been looking at this condish for while.....based on this thread i'll be sure to squeeze out what i need and stash the rest in the fridge when i buy some.

Back