Owners of the Purple Hot Tools Roll Around Dryer, I Need to Holler Atcha!

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I've had my dryer for about a year now, but am just now using it on a consistent basis. I have noticed that on the ionic setting with high heat, that sucka gets hot, very hot. I can't help but think it could be causing damage. If I used it on the low setting, I might as well be airdrying.

Anywhoo, I was just wondering if you guys' also get that hot or is it just mine. Have you tried it on the non-ionic setting? I wonder if maybe that setting isn't as hot.

And lastly, do any of you purple Hot Tools owners have a Pibbs? I am thinking of getting one and wondering if any of you switched over to a Pibbs after first owning the purple Hot Tools.

Thanks! :)

I have this dryer, but I am not an avid rollersetter. I just use it for deep conditioning. I did a little research and there were several posts about this dryer malfunctioning after a certain period of time.

But for the price point, what I intended to use it for, and how often, I went ahead and got it.

So far I've had no issues, but it I were skilled enough to rollerset (yes I'm jealous), and it was an important part of my reigmen, I would invest in a Pibbs since it's the cadillac of dryers. HTH

Yeah - I have noticed that it gets rather warm under there. Also - it's so LOUD. I come out of that thing a little deaf. I don't really rollerset because well...I can't, but I use it to DC or finish drying a braid out if I'm in a hurry.

I don't have that one, I have one from my local BSS that was on sale for $69. It has cool, low, medium, and high settings. It also has a timer and it's ionic.

It works great and much cheaper than a pibbs. The pibbs dryer is only a very expensive hair dryer. I think you should try to find one with heat settings from your local BSS, they work just as well.

I have this dryer, and I agree, it can sometimes be really hot. I rollerset often and I sometimes worry that the hair on the top of my head may be getting roasted...lol. I mean that area dries before the rest of my head, and with the constant heat, I do worry about possible damage. I still love this dryer though. So far so good, and I've had it for quite some time now. Not quite a year, but a while.

I don't have that one, I have one from my local BSS that was on sale for $69. It has cool, low, medium, and high settings. It also has a timer and it's ionic.

It works great and much cheaper than a pibbs. The pibbs dryer is only a very expensive hair dryer. I think you should try to find one with heat settings from your local BSS, they work just as well.

Denise, what brand is your dryer? Could you find a pic of it on the net and post it pretty please?

girl that ish broke on me after 3 mons! And yes it got very hot and yes it was very loud. I'm getting a Pibbs. I never even bothered returning it with the warranty. One day it just stopped working. I used it for DC and roller sets.

girl that ish broke on me after 3 mons! And yes it got very hot and yes it was very loud. I'm getting a Pibbs. I never even bothered returning it with the warranty. One day it just stopped working. I used it for DC and roller sets.

Hi! How are you? Your hair took off so fast I am so curious to see what it is up to now lol!

Denise, what brand is your dryer? Could you find a pic of it on the net and post it pretty please?

I'm on my iPhone and it won't let me do good stuff like posting pics. But it's name is: Portable Salon Dryer by Stella 4 Salon. It's black and it has the all-around plastic sheilds to lower to distribute the heat. It's very sturdy too.

Hello I have one also. I mostly use it for deep conditioning and a quick dry. I've had it for about 8 mos now w/no problems. It does get very hot. I only use it on hot because the lower setting takes too long

I had the same one and yes it gets very very hot but I don't feel the heat is really damaging though. Mined kunked out after about 2 months, so I sent it in for warranty repair but since they did not have anymore they gave me a full refund. It was fine while it lasted:perplexed.

i had this dryer and yes it got very hot! The thing about this dryer that i didn't like was the fact that it didn't have a medium setting just high and low. low did nothing for me...That thing broke right in half while my hubby was moving it...ohh well i guess i gotta get a pibbs...lol

Mine used to get really hot but it stopped getting so hot after a year. It's more like warm air now. It's still really loud though.

I've had my dryer for about a year now, but am just now using it on a consistent basis. I have noticed that on the ionic setting with high heat, that sucka gets hot, very hot. I can't help but think it could be causing damage. If I used it on the low setting, I might as well be airdrying.

Anywhoo, I was just wondering if you guys' also get that hot or is it just mine. Have you tried it on the non-ionic setting? I wonder if maybe that setting isn't as hot.

And lastly, do any of you purple Hot Tools owners have a Pibbs? I am thinking of getting one and wondering if any of you switched over to a Pibbs after first owning the purple Hot Tools.

Thanks! :)

I have that Purple Hot Tools trying and tried using it for the first time to rollerset my hair last week (I usually use it for deep conditioning) and I pushed the "ionic" button down and mine stopped working!!!! :wallbash: It stopped about 40 minutes into my rollerset so I had to take my hair down to blowfry and flatiron it:wallbash::wallbash:. To make matters worse, I bought my dryer about 3 months ago from a Asian owned black beauty supply store so I can't take it back. I think I might go ahead and get the Pibbs. :yep:

Hey :hiya2:

I have this dryer and I love it. My low setting stopped working a long time ago so it only works on high now. It does get very hot, but I like it because my hair gets dry faster :grin:

Only reason I haven't got a Pibbs is because I can fit so many rollers under this dryer....the Pibbs I'm not so sure.

Back