OVERWHELMED AND DISCOURAGED

peacelove

Hello ladies! I do not post here much, but I love coming to this board to get ideas and help on my hair growth journy. But I must admit I am overwhelmed with the info here and discouraged as a whole because, although my hair is growing, I seem to be stuck. I have a ton of layers in my hair and the front does not want to grow. So I was wondering if I ask some specifics and describe my hair, if you all could help me out a little with some specific reccomendations.

OK - so I have 4a hair - I think. It is a little curly in the back where it may be 3something. But I seem to be 4a for the most part. BUT my hair is fine. I have a lot of hair, but it is fine and cannot handle a lot of oil. It gets weighed down very quick. In fact, after doing roller sets, I used to used Keracare oil faitfully. I am now wondering if my hair will not do better with just a silicone type shine product and pretty much no oil. Does anyone do anything like this and do you get good results? I have always felt I needed oil on my hair, ESP the ends. But maybe not?

Next question - HOW DO I GET THE FRONT OF MY HAIR TO GROW?? I have a lot of different layers - wondering if I should cut it even and start again, but I really do not want to do that.
frown.gif
I have not gotten serious about a vitamin routine. Maybe this will help? I have breakage around my hairline in the front and I don't really know what to do about this as well!
mad.gif

Last question - what is the best setting lotion to use on finer hair? I have been using Jane Carter Solution foaming, but it seems many people here just use a leave in conditioner. Wondering if that will give me better results. I tried the lotta body, that was a little heavy for my hair. Any other suggestions.

And advice or encouragement is greatly appreciated!!

I don't really have any producy advice to get, but I just wanted to say to stick in there and remain consistant in whatever you do. Have faith and a sea of PATIENCE
smile.gif
. I understand the feeling you described, so don't feel alone. Many of us have been there.
As for, the layers in the front. Did you have it cut that way or is it uneven? If it's uneven, I to empathize because I'm in the same boat but, I had to get my ends clipped even in the front before I noticed any growth. I'm a recovering PJ, so I try not to feed others who are, so remember the basics. MOISTURE, MOISTURE, MOISTURE. Use large teeth combs, and don't put stress on those edges.

PM me if you ever need to vent
wink.gif

Thanks, honeyc for the encouragement. Well, a little more than a year ago, I had a short do, like Halle berry (longer in the front). As my hair grew out, it just did not grow at the same rate everywhere, so the answer would be uneven. Plus my hair is a different texture in the front so it tends to be more brittle there, which is part of the problem I think. The back is curlier. I am a PJ too, which is another problem. I just want to find what works. I am going to a new salon (Dominican) tomorrow for the first time, and I am so tempted to go out to the drugstore and get new products to take with me because I don't know if I want to use the setting lotion I have. I have Cream of Nature shampoo and that seems to be a fav here. And Humecto conditioner from Keracare. So I think I will just take those and maybe a leave in conditioner. I am babbling now - LOL! Typing out loud if you will. I hope I get good results with this new salon!

Hello peacelove:

Your hair type is somewhat similar to my own; type 4A hair doesn't behave very well with a lot of oils applied. If you get a regular trim with your relaxers you will most likely see a big difference.

There is a reconstructor called "KMS Daily Repair" this product repairs and strengthens stressed, coarse, brittle hair. it contains Sesame Oil and Soy Protein; another option is using a lot of moisture shampoos such as Nexxus Therappe. Another product is called UANS, it is a hair treament, this product is the best on the planet, someone could have type Z hair, and it would still work.

Mostly take a look at your diet, especially if you consume a lot of sugar in your diet.

I am new to the board, and at the moment I am dealing with Alopecia, since I arrived on this forum a week ago today I have found everyone to be supportive in their own special way. I have found another option for my Alopecia instead of using the Topical Medication that has been prescribed for me, and already I have noticed a significant difference with my Alopecia.

Try to visit the board a bit more often, no matter what your looking for you will find your answer here.

Regards,

British

Thank you for the advice, British. I do, in fact consume WAY to much sugar in my current diet. I never thought of that as a factor. Thank you for the info and best of luck to your treatment of the alopecia.

Back