Ovation/ Mega Tek Didin't work for you

I didn' t get good growth, because I didn't use it for over two weeks. It dried my hair out terribly and I wasn't able to maintain the right moisture level.. so I sent it back to the company.

which product caused the shedding? Ovation or MT?

Ovation caused the shedding. it was more than i was used to, so it thought maybe the relaxed portion of my hair was too fragile for it...not sure. i might try doing the scalp only (since i have some left) since i've heard pple have less problems if they just put it on their scalp. the bottle says 'root to tip' or smthg like that, but most pple who use it on this board dont do that.

and as a second subject - i see the growth ovation/mega threads, but are they really maintaining all that growth or have they needed trims and had problems in the long run? i ask this b/c someone had posted pics after using aryveda (cant spell) oils and shown AMAZING progress pics, but then a trim pic they posted later showed all the progress GONE. Like the hair grew, but the ends were too raggedy or uneven for the person - idk. any thoughts?

Ovation caused the shedding. it was more than i was used to, so it thought maybe the relaxed portion of my hair was too fragile for it...not sure. i might try doing the scalp only (since i have some left) since i've heard pple have less problems if they just put it on their scalp. the bottle says 'root to tip' or smthg like that, but most pple who use it on this board dont do that.

That, to me, would point to the person's personal habits concerning haircare. Whatever comes out of your scalp has nothing to do with retaining your ends. If the new hair is soft, moisturized, strong and conditioned, than whatever you're changing at the scalp level (oils, vits etc) is working, but it won't do anything for protecting what you had previously.

Some ladies have said that after the 1st or 2nd week the shedding stops. Its my 4th week and my hair is still shedding i am taking garlic capsules now but my hair is still shedding.:sad: However i am getting good growth from it.

Shedding wouldn't bother me much. I am use to shedding also. As long as it is shedding and not breakage or my hair falling out. I was just trying to get and ideal of how many people this didn't work for in regards to growth. Doesn't look like many.

That, to me, would point to the person's personal habits concerning haircare. Whatever comes out of your scalp has nothing to do with retaining your ends. If the new hair is soft, moisturized, strong and conditioned, than whatever you're changing at the scalp level (oils, vits etc) is working, but it won't do anything for protecting what you had previously.

I agree. Besides I don't apply MT to the length of my hair only to my scalp. I only trim my hair every 6 months and I lose anywhere from 1/4 to 1 full inch. Which is not bad if I am able to get 6 inches in that time with MT. I still use the same care on my ends like I would before using MT and I have seen hair growth. HTH Q

It appears to me that the lack of results isn't from the efficacy of the product(s) but rather the inconsistency on the users part.

I mean NOTHING works 100% of the time for everyone but if the majority are having results and a few aren't, then perhaps they are the select minority it doesn't work for or...it's something they are doing (or not) that is the root cause of the lack of results.

While I rarely ever follow the majority on anything...I personally know first hand from a few years of using Mega-Tek that it works, if you're consistent. If you're not, it doesn't.

Vixx

I used OCT about 4 times, had no shedding, noticed an increase in elasticity BUT...the chems and the residue washing out of my hair burned my skin so I gave it up.

Those ladies who are accustomed to using chems in all of their hair processes seem to do well w/the product.

Megatek Made My hair really Dry using it alone.
but i mixed it with some evoo and it seems to be okay.
i dont know if the megatek worked because regardless if i strech a piece of my hair it will still Be Curled/Shrinked at the Roots so its kinda pointless. But i like the way it makes my scalp feels so i think its a keeper.As far as shedding I really dont know because i shedd alot in general but i think it increased a bit but now it stopped.

oh my! are u sayin the OCT burned your skin?!

I used OCT about 4 times, had no shedding, noticed an increase in elasticity BUT...the chems and the residue washing out of my hair burned my skin so I gave it up.

Those ladies who are accustomed to using chems in all of their hair processes seem to do well w/the product.

and as a second subject - i see the growth ovation/mega threads, but are they really maintaining all that growth or have they needed trims and had problems in the long run? i ask this b/c someone had posted pics after using aryveda (cant spell) oils and shown AMAZING progress pics, but then a trim pic they posted later showed all the progress GONE. Like the hair grew, but the ends were too raggedy or uneven for the person - idk. any thoughts?

The growth is being maintained by me. Where can it go unless broken off or chopped off and the products/styling aren't breaking my hair.

Needing trims is no dictator on how good the product is doing, it's either for health or vanity issues. Plus what your using is benefitting the scalp, cutting is on the ends.

As my hair is growing faster I'm going to need to up the amount of trims I do this year as I want a neat blunt cut. I see no problem in the maintenance of the growth from these products being an issue especially as I use it on my scalp only.

It appears to me that the lack of results isn't from the efficacy of the product(s) but rather the inconsistency on the users part.

I mean NOTHING works 100% of the time for everyone but if the majority are having results and a few aren't, then perhaps they are the select minority it doesn't work for or...it's something they are doing (or not) that is the root cause of the lack of results.

While I rarely ever follow the majority on anything...I personally know first hand from a few years of using Mega-Tek that it works, if you're consistent. If you're not, it doesn't.

Vixx

And to add to that shedding isn't a sign that's it's not working it's a sign that it is. But some folks see that hair, go into panic mode, and drop the bottle.

I'm going into month 3 and if I never had these garlic capsules, i'd probably still be shedding. Not worried about it though.

oh my! are u sayin the OCT burned your skin?!

Yep...I had an chemical reaction to the product's ingredients.

My first session w/OCT...my hair and scalp went into a state of shock...:blush:...and the burning sensation did not cease over my 4 attempts.

I talked myself into using OCT fully knowing I had not used any strong chems for a long time but I said to ME Self.."You used them once, should be able to use them now." WRONG...:lachen:

Through it all I did experience a positive...the elasticity of my hair improved tremendously.

I think it's a good product for those who are comfortable w/the ingredients, however my skin/body had no tolerance for any of it.:nono:

^5, I agree. Ends have nothing to do with the ng. That person probably needed trims and didn't get them.

Back