Ouidad Deep Treatment Steps - Great Routine!

inthepink

Today, I decided to deep condition my hair b/c I haven't done so in many, many months! I followed Ouidad's steps for deep conditioning and I am so pleased with the results.
blush.gif
I plan to deep condition every 2 weeks.

The steps can be found here: Ouidad's Deep Treatment Steps

For my shampoo, I used Nature's Gate Chamomile and Lemon Verbena.
For my deep conditioner, I used Skala Aloe with added Grapeseed oil.
For my regular conditioner add-on, I used Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner.

Then, I styled with Suave Coconut as a leave-in and Coconut Oil. I put my hair in a bun using my own shealoe mixture to smooth the front. My hair feels so moisturized. I am amazed b/c after stripping my hair with the shampoo, I was really worried.
crazy.gif

If anyone else has tried this method, what were your results? If you haven't, then try it and let us know how it works for you!

I think Tracy was supposed to be trying this method out!

Tracy---where are you?

Thanks for sharing Hairlove! I hope to try it soon!

This sounds great.
smile.gif
I always do something similiar to this, every 2 weeks. But, I've never applied the moisturizing conditioner, on top of the deep treatment conditioner. I'll have to try it.

1. I shampoo
2. Deep condition w/ Protein or Reconstructor trmt (sometimes)w/heat,
3. Rinse
4. Then follow with a moisturizing conditioner (Humecto)

I get great results. Thanks for sharing Hairlove. I'm glad it worked well for you.

Hmm maybe i should deep condition twice a month instaed of once a month. Thanks for the link hairlove, Im going to try her method in two weeks
smile.gif

this is similar to the method Carolyn Gray used in the 6 week regimen....anyone remember her book? But her suggestion was to put motions moisture plus on top of every treatment and use heat for 30 minutes...I need to dig that book out.

hairlove, I've been using this conditioning method for about 3 weeks straight now and I'm loving it!

I use Lanza PP or Razac Superior Cleansing Shampoo, the Deep Treatment and Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. LOVE the results.
smile.gif

I tried it when I First transitioned 3 years ago. I worked great. Now that I am relaxed again(it looks texterized)I am going to try it again.

The page is back up. Thanks for posting this. I never thought that the heat part was necessary, but now I see the importance.

I did this method last night. I love it. I plan on continuing it.

For those of you doing this method, how often will you do it?

I always do this, after each washing, but I confess that there are times when I figure that I could kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I try doing chores, instead of sitting under the dryer. Not anymore, not after reading that article.

Allandra - She suggests every 2 weeks. She says all hair, no matter how healthy, needs a deep conditioning every 2 weeks. Esp. if it's processed in any way. I do it weekly. Otherwise, I deep condition without heat and use a moisturizing conditioner.

I will also be doing this every two weeks. I'm actually excited about continuing to deep condition since this method worked so well.

[ QUOTE ]
Leslie_C said:
this is similar to the method Carolyn Gray used in the 6 week regimen....anyone remember her book? But her suggestion was to put motions moisture plus on top of every treatment and use heat for 30 minutes...I need to dig that book out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is similar only Mrs Gray doesnt say to do the heat then wait and add the moisturizing conditioner. When I was doing her method religiously I always did the deep treatment with the moisturizer on top with 30 mins heat with great results.
smile.gif

OK, I tried this last night to prep my hair for my touch-up and I must say that this is a deceptively effective treatment.

I washed my hair with Vitale pH shampoo. <font color="red">(Word to the wise, it says it's detangling, but it hardly does that at all. I know I'm 12 weeks post-relaxer, but Keracare and CON still work this far post-relaxer.)</font>

Next I prepped my ends with the last little bit of my NTM daily conditioner. I've been saving those last little squirts for something like this.

Then I followed that up with Sebastian's 2+1 which I'm also trying to use up. This stuff is actually starting to grow on me, now that I'm at the bottom of the bottle.

After 15 minutes under heat, I applied Ms. Charlot's Seven Wonders Cream and waited 20 minutes.

I just realized I got the times backwards.

As I was rinsing, I wasn't noticing any softness, but my hair did feel really strong and no mush or slipperiness - which is a good thing. There wasn't that much slip either. After rinsing, I applied my Razac leave-in to detangle, did a criss-cross wrap, tied it down really tightly, said "oh well" and went to bed. <font color="red">(excuse the run-on)</font>

This morning is a completely different story. My hair is usually really bulky when I let it air-dry after this many weeks, but it was so smooth and soft this morning. I didn't apply any oils or serum, but I can't tell the difference from the times that I have. I most definitely have hand in hair disease today. I've been wearing it in a claw clip today to finish drying, but at lunch I took it down to speed up the process and it still didn't puff up.

I don't know why it works differently than other treatments because none of the products are new to me. But I guess there is something about triple-loading your hair that really works.

Thank you Hairlove and everybody else for posting about this.
clap.gif

This routine sounds great, BUT why do you have to prep the ends with a regular conditioner? Don't the ends need the most treatment?...That's the idea that I always got from these boards

I tried this last nite w/ Joico K Pak, UANs Crema for the ends, and Neutrogena for the final condit. My hair felt very strong. I'm rocking a wash-n-go today.

It IS a great routine! I am late on my deep conditioning treatment b/c I ran out of plastic caps but I'm on my way to Sally's to pic up more! Glad you are enjoying it.

Aalize - I am not sure...maybe there is some info on her website. www.ouidad.com.

[ QUOTE ]
Aalize said:
Why do the ends require a regular conditioner as opposed to the protein treatment?

[/ QUOTE ]

good question...maybe becasue the protein makes the hair ends a bit more frizzier and crispier than regular conditioner. I find this true when I do my hair sometimes
smile.gif

I just did this last week and my hair turned out really good!

Back