Ouidad Deep Treatment Steps - Great Routine!

Bumping....
I was cleaning out my millions of subscriptions and came across this thread. Does anyone know what the deep conditioning steps are for this method? The link doesnt work anymore and I cant remember!

Bumping....
I was cleaning out my millions of subscriptions and came across this thread. Does anyone know what the deep conditioning steps are for this method? The link doesnt work anymore and I cant remember!

From Ouidad.com

Deep Treatment: The Curl Survival Strategy
arr_n.gif
Back to Curl Central
pixel_E8.gif

hairbonnet.jpg
A deep conditioner is vital to a curly mane's existence. Because of a curl's tendency to lose its nutrients and moisture to environmental conditions such as the sun, indoor heating and blowdrying, it is often weightless.

Frequent deep conditioning treatments replenish the mane's strength, allowing each strand to regain its internal weight and body. Heat is an important part of the deep conditioning process. In order to be effective, the protein molecules in the cuticle must "melt" and bond together with an appropriate formula.

1​
Begin with freshly washed hair using a gentle shampoo.
2​
Prep the ends with a little daily conditioner.
3​
Apply at least 2 ounces or more of the treatment to your hair, working it in section by section. Imagine soaking your hair in a bowl full of treatment to envision the amount of coverage youll need to adequately saturate your locks— you'll need ample proteins to fill all those empty links in your hair shaft.
4​
Cover your entire mane with a plastic cap and apply heat using a hood-style dryer or bonnet attachment for a hand-held dryer to adequately warm your hair in about 20 minutes. (Allow extra time for very thick or long hair.) It's important to heat your hair thoroughly to relax the cuticle proteins and allow the absorption of key ingredients to reconnect the internal molecular layer, restoring its inner weight. Be sure to use low heat and maintain the level for the full twenty minutes.
5​
After you've heated your hair, remove the plastic cap and apply the Balancing Rinse or Curl Quencher Conditioner throughout the mane— on top of the deep treatment. Allow hair to cool for ten minutes, then rinse with warm to cool water, but do not shampoo.
6​
Now you're ready to style as usual, as recommended for your hair type. With the correct deep treatment, you can't over-condition your hair because it won't build up or weigh down tresses.
7​
Allow the treatment to continue its work by waiting to shampoo for a few days.

thanks scorpian....I take it they have you apply some type of reconstructor first and a moisturizing conditioner second?

Back