Ouch! Ouch! Ouch! Yes!

Thanks Mly3e, but I already have some!! I ordered it from Puritans Pride when they had the Buy 1 get 2 free sale (I think that's what it was...
confused.gif
) anyway, I just haven't taken it on a regular basis; only when I remember, which isn't very often...
spank.gif
I think I'm gonna make it a point now, to remember!!
smile.gif

My Aunt says the same thing. Maybe theres a site online that ships to the B. If you have family here in the States, get them to ship it to you.

[ QUOTE ]
mly3e said:
Dontspeakdefeat,

I found this online and I thought the first paragraph might interest you.

About MSM

MSM is a natural sulfur compound found in every cell of the body. Next
to oxygen, water, and salt, MSM is the fourth most common compound in
the body. Sulfur is involved in practically all of the body's metabolic
processes and is essential for cell regeneration and nourishment.
Approximately half of the total body sulfur is found in the muscles,
skin and bones. Sulfur is needed for making collagen, the primary
component of cartilage and connective tissue...this is not the same
sulpher that is in sulfer medications that so many people are allergic
to, it is the natural sulpher that our bodies produce. Our bodies
utilize MSM/sulpher for:

· Maintaining proper functioning of the immune system
· Building healthy connective tissues
· Proper joint function
· Maintaining enzyme activity (it's even been found to help candida)
· Regulating hormone balance

MSM is necessary for collagen synthesis: skin, hair and nails (bones,
muscles and organs). It softens the tissue, relieves stress, asthma,
arthritis, inflammation, constipation, candida, detoxifies the body and
increases blood circulation, reduces muscle cramps and back pain,
permits muscles to heal, increases energy, mental calmness and improves
the ability to concentrate. MSM has both analgesic and anti-inflammatory
properties and plays a role in removing free radicals and foreign
proteins from the body

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Mly3e! I was thinking on similar lines. I appreciate you getting that info for me. I may have to start with a small dosage just to be on the safe side and keep my benedryl near!lol Maybe I won't be allergic to the natural MSM afterall! Wish me luck!

Congrats on your fast new growth! Are you still keeping your hair in a bun for a week at a time and rinsing your hair while it's still in a bun? Do you think this contributed also?

[ QUOTE ]
mly3e said:
When I first started it I got a very mild breakout, but drinking a lot of water and washing your face with acne soap will stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank God it wasn't on my face. It was actually on my neck and then it traveled. So I gave up everything new I was eating or taking and it went away. I will try the pure MSM without the other additives.

Ouch Ouch Ouch Yes! Ouch Ouch Ouch Yes!

Now I won't be able to get that cheer out of my head.
laugh.gif

Congrats Mly3e! Dayummm girl, someone better keep an eye on you before you get lost in hair within a year! I guess this is what they call sweet pain?

[ QUOTE ]
nonie said:
Ouch Ouch Ouch Yes! Ouch Ouch Ouch Yes!

Now I won't be able to get that cheer out of my head.
laugh.gif

Congrats Mly3e! Dayummm girl, someone better keep an eye on you before you get lost in hair within a year! I guess this is what they call sweet pain?

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Well I love this sweet pain.

MSM sounds wonderful. I'm gonna have to do a search on it.
Congrats on your amazing growth.
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
I know what you mean. Actually, I posted a similar thread a while ago about tender & tingly scalp. I got a little over 1 inch in 4 weeks taking 1000mg MSM each day. I take the Spring Valley from Wal-Mart.

[/ QUOTE ]

You take the spring valley brand. Hum....I might have to look into that because the prices are so good. Is it a caplet or powder? Did you every try the "purity" test? And do you remember about how much it costs?

Soslychic, it is a clear capsule with white powder inside. I did the purity test when I first bought it, and it didn't pass. There was a film at the top of the water, but I decided to take them anyway. I didn't think any of the extra ingredients would do me harm. I don't remember the exact price, but I think it was about $6.00 for 120 capsules.

Wow! That's a great price. How many capsules do you have to take a day? And can you empty the powder in a drink or something? I'm taking enough pills.

[ QUOTE ]
soslychic said:
[ QUOTE ]
Ipanema said:
I know what you mean. Actually, I posted a similar thread a while ago about tender & tingly scalp. I got a little over 1 inch in 4 weeks taking 1000mg MSM each day. I take the Spring Valley from Wal-Mart.

[/ QUOTE ]

You take the spring valley brand. Hum....I might have to look into that because the prices are so good. Is it a caplet or powder? Did you every try the "purity" test? And do you remember about how much it costs?

[/ QUOTE ] <font color="blue">Ipanema, I'd really like to know what results you got with the Spring Valley brand of MSM? are u still taking it? I'm trying it now and am starting week 3. </font>

Sometimes I also take vitamin C by way of cranberry soft gels or multi vitamins, but I also take it with Orange Juice so I get it from that.

Hello I saw that you take the spring valley msm from wal-mart and I wanted to know is it the kind with the glucosamine or is it just the pure msm?

i think i posted somewhere how my scalp is sore, i assume from surge, because ive been using 2000 mgs of msm since summer and never had a reaction like that . it feel like tight braids, like im tenderheaded or something!

Congrats!

I bought some msm and saw how big those capsules were and instantly knew that I would never get one down. I've thought about mixing it with something but haven't yet. But I'm taking biotin. Haven't seen any results yet, it's only been 2 weeks, but I'd love to have a growth spurt like yours. Keep me posted. I'd love to hear about all of the new hair you'll have in a month!

Oh...and Good Luck!

shocked.gif
I have to admit.. I was so curious about this MSM i went out and got some immediately.. spring valley brand MSM alone no glucosamine. My head is very sore but then too I used Surge and it was really sore, I stopped the surge for two months and now resumed, included 1mg biotin with the MSM and now doing the V-Challenge daily.. i gotta admit, my hair has really grown! I wouldnt believe it if I hadn't seen it for myself. Honestly a whole inch in less than a month, my scalp is extremely sore it's true,but it's a sore that I now love to have bc i know the results of it
rosebud.gif

Back