Others who take credit for your growth!

mrsgreene

How about I went to get my hair done from my hot comb happy stylist for the first time in a year. Everybody was amazed at how much my hair had grew. Another lady was waiting in the chair next to me to get her do did by him. She was asking my about handling my natural hair. This fool ( my stylist) said "Yeah , since she been coming to me, her hair has been growing ever since". Can you believe that? I'm sorry ladies but I was hot. I did'nt say anything though because I didn't want him messing up my do. He was part of the reason I was baldheaded for so long with his trims every week.

that seems to be a trend with hair stylists. They seem to think that their continuous cuts , hot combs and perms make your hair grow. They always take credit for your growth with not regards to the vitamins and other things that you do for your hair. Girl he sounds crazy, you might need to run especially if he is trigger, I mean scissor happy.

mrsgreene said:
How about I went to get my hair done from my hot comb happy stylist for the first time in a year. Everybody was amazed at how much my hair had grew. Another lady was waiting in the chair next to me to get her do did by him. She was asking my about handling my natural hair. This fool ( my stylist) said "Yeah , since she been coming to me, her hair has been growing ever since". Can you believe that? I'm sorry ladies but I was hot. I did'nt say anything though because I didn't want him messing up my do. He was part of the reason I was baldheaded for so long with his trims every week.

:lol: :ohwell: This is kinda funny, but not. I've never had anything like this happen to me, but I know I would be upset if I did. One time I had a stylist act like she was going to almost kind of sort of suggest some nonsense like that, but I promptly stated that I hadn't been to her in over 4 months, so that killed that inspiration.
Stylists always wanna look good in front of their clients & other stylists so if somebody's hair is actin like it wants to grow they'll swear it's because of their magic. :lol:
Girl don't even trip...there's no way that a hot comb & some scissors have got your hair growing & thrivin...you know what's up! :look:

I'll probably discuss my goals for my hair with my new stylist and how I plan to achieve them. So when it happens she'll know just how involved I was in my own progress.

Candice - that is just what I do when I go. I let them know how unhappy I was with previous ones and that I have not been to a stylisit in X amount of time. And I drop all the professional products I use on my hair. It lets them know that they cant jsut do anything to my hair or even think about taking credit.

Mrs Greene - Dont let it eat you up (Mind you I totally feel you if it has)

My stylist used to do this and it pissed me off! Every one in the shop would ooh and ahh as I got my bush pressed into submission. I was like, I'm the one oiling the ends, doing protective styles, handling it like glass, etc.

i hate when at home stylist do this..and all they do is put the braids in...its really me who takes care of my hair and comes home to grease or spray my scalp and wrap it up....my mom and I were just talking about this with one of her friends that so happens to do braids...and i use to go to her just to get braids done and thats it..i never let this lady put a relaxer in my hair...but she swears up and down that she can do hair..and never has stepped foot in a cometologist salon or watched a braid video...i hate people like that...and the ones who are loud about how damaged my hair is...and how they can work a miracle on my head or something...when its up to me coming to them...

:lol: This is too funny. I use to go to the Domincans every week...but in between time (when I was too damn tired to be showing up at the crack of dawn, signing a long arse sheet that already had 20 people's name on it already at 6 or 7 am) I would wash and wrap myself. Well one time I had not gone to get my hair done in like a month and two weeks. When I finally went back my stylist was mad, and asking me where have I been going to get my hair done...because it looked so damn good.I guess she figured I was going to another salon. :lol:

Last edited:
The lady that does my sew-in feels that way, too. Her hair looks a hot mess, mind you. All she is good for me is a good weave. Even after she does it, I go home and wash my hair because she uses to much product.

She has all these suggestions that are not good for my hair. The last time she used the hot comb on me, I thought, my hair was going to fall out.

It kills me when stylist that don't take care of their own hair (and it shows) try to take credit for your progress. :mad:

I personally let the stylist take credit for my hair even though I know my hair grows because of my efforts. I figure if I let them take credit and boost their ego they won't be jealous of my hair or scissor happy, and I'll leave happy with all my hair. It use to work when I was going to a stylist every two weeks.

I personally let the stylist take credit for my hair even though I know my hair grows because of my efforts. I figure if I let them take credit and boost their ego they won't be jealous of my hair or scissor happy, and I'll leave happy with all my hair. It use to work when I was going to a stylist every two weeks.

I used to think this way, but now.....not so much.

My old stylist is good and knows how to trim what I tell her, but she loved taking credit for all of MY hard work! I always gave her credit for applying my relaxer properly and not cutting me bald, but dangit I put in a lot of work on my hair.

I mean, if it was just her efforts only, why was my hair stuck at SL for years and I was in her chair every 2 weeks like clockwork?

THEN, the last time I went to her, she switched to Affirm relaxers instead of Design Essentials without telling me. Enough is enough! My Design Essentials is being shipped to me right now and I'll be stylist free. :yep:

I hate stylists with a passion (well, all of the ones who have done MY hair) and I don't give a dayum who knows.

Last edited:
Back