ORS Replenishing Pak is Protein??

ChunHyang

Hm, I always thoughts of this as a super moisturizer. I was going to keraphix and deep condition with ors pak, but not if it's already protein....:ohwell:

ChunHyang said:
Hm, I always thoughts of this as a super moisturizer. I was going to keraphix and deep condition with ors pak, but not if it's already protein....:ohwell:

I think ORS Replen Pak contains Hydrolyzed Collagen. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I tried this combo too, and was very upset. My hair usually only sheds when it's wet, but w/ this combo it continued to shed even while dry w/ a little breakage and I lost my softness. :(

So maybe I should use ORS and then Humectress? I am utterly confused now...the pack always left my hair feeling so soft after a relaxer.

ChunHyang said:
So maybe I should use ORS and then Humectress? I am utterly confused now...the pack always left my hair feeling so soft after a relaxer.

If you've tried it and it works for you, continue to use it. Every product works differently on each of us. This was just my experience w/ it. When I've used it after using the ORS relaxer I agree it was great but the combo of Keraphix & ORS, my hair just didn't like. For instance I also use Humectress, but my hair always feel as if it needs even more moisture afterwards. Humectress just isn't moisturizing enough for me.

So it has protein? Maybe this why my hair broke off this weekend. I used aphogee keratin reconstructor. Then I used ors olive oil pak and left it on for an hour. I couldn't understand why my hair was breaking off. I was trying to combat the aphogee with deep conditioning. I guess it was too much protein at a time. What can stop the breakage?

Wow, I'm so glad I asked about this cause I didn't even notice the ingredients. It looks I'll be using this instead of Keraphix :D

It's a mixture of moisture and protein. If your hair feels like it needs more moisture after using it, follow up with a moisturizing conditioner. If it doesn't then go on with your normal routine.

Are you trying to avoid using protein containing products in the same day? I mean Humectress, has Keratin Amino Acids.

I have used Keraphix and the ORS replenishing pack simultaneously w/o a problem.

I my opinion, Keraphix is a mild reconstructor when compared to things like Emergencee and Aphogee. Those are the only 2 that made a noticeable difference that required extra care in the moisture department.

But, as it has been said before, different strokes for different folks.

HoneyDew said:
Are you trying to avoid using protein containing products in the same day? I mean Humectress, has Keratin Amino Acids.

I have used Keraphix and the ORS replenishing pack simultaneously w/o a problem.

I my opinion, Keraphix is a mild reconstructor when compared to things like Emergencee and Aphogee. Those are the only 2 that made a noticeable difference that required extra care in the moisture department.

But, as it has been said before, different strokes for different folks.

I also use keraphix and oRS the same way...like weekly! I like how my hair turns out afterwards as well.

-A

I'm not sure about this either...I've been wondering about this because lots of ladies love this stuff here and swear by it and I've been just DC'g with this 2x week for about 2 weeks now and then moisturizing with Keracare Moisturizer w/Jojoba and sealing with my hot six oil (while damp)on my barely ear length relaxed hair/ partial newgrowth(which I'm currently trying to transition)...I dunno.

I'm trying to use what products I have just to make sure it is a keeper or a true lost cause before buying other stuff, so hopefully somebody can come back to this thread and give their thoughts on it and let me know what's up with the ORS Pak, I've been trying to use it for moisture since i just bought Aphogee Two-Step Protein treatment for Protein of course...I'm still trying to distinguish between symptons/signs/treatments of moisture and protein...this is where I keep getting stuck. I'm trying to listen to my hair but it's speaking gibberish :perplexed.....I'm such a newbie...I feel like if I don't get this right I won't get any length.
I just wanna say thanks in advance for your tips!

The big unsolved mystery lol. I have no idea, I think the product is advertised as a protein conditioner, but I just consider it a moisturizing conditioner. Like some have mentioned, maybe it's a combo of both.

I always mix my ORS Rep with Avocado oil and Castor oil. It never worked for me all by itself. Maybe it's because it's protein!

I think its both with maybe a little more leaning toward moisture. As a relaxed head its probably a good balance which is why you didnt notice. Now that you're natural, you'll have to try and gauge how much protein your hair needs since its stronger now that your bonds are not broken down by the chemicals. For me the ORS pack is a good combo, but I wouldnt do it before another protein treatment and I wouldnt feel the need to do an additional deep condition afterwards. I do use moisturizing pre-poos though.

I think its both with maybe a little more leaning toward moisture. As a relaxed head its probably a good balance which is why you didnt notice. Now that you're natural, you'll have to try and gauge how much protein your hair needs since its stronger now that your bonds are not broken down by the chemicals. For me the ORS pack is a good combo, but I wouldnt do it before another protein treatment and I wouldnt feel the need to do an additional deep condition afterwards. I do use moisturizing pre-poos though.

It makes my seem really soft when I rinse it out, but I was intending on using it as a moisturizer and b/c I can't really decide what type it is then I can't tell what I'm lacking. Is there a really good way to find out if you are in need of moisture or protein? It always seems to boil down to that very idea nowadays. I get lil hairs a lot in my comb,shoulders, sink...is that lack or protein perhaps? They both cause breakage but how do I find the REAL culprit? Thanks.

Thanks ladies I have also been making the same mistake too much protein. I use the ors replenishing pack after the aphogee 2 min and i have been noticing breakage

Back