ORS replenishing pak/hydrolyzed collagen=protein

homegirljiggy

:confused:I did not know this until I looked it upon wikipedia... and ORS RP hav this as a fourth ingredient, now my whole relaxer regimine has changed. normally after rinsing out ORS lye relaxer I normally condition with Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor, neutralize, then put on the pak, but the aphogee is not needed now. what do you think? or do I still need that keratin protein?

Different proteins do do different things. If you have never had a problem before then don't change it. Just because there is protein in it doesn't negate the need of a protein conditioner. ORS Pack is still moisturizing enough to be considered a moisutrizing treatment with strengthing benefits. Those benefits though are not on the same level as a keratin reconstructor.

IMO, you need both but it's not necessary to do it all in day/treatment. Just alternate the types of proteins you use. I would use the conditioner in the ORS kit and the next week use the 2 min reconstructor or you can do it the other way around. However, as Gymfreak stated if it's working for you, then keep doing what you're doing. Both proteins are of benefit to your hair.

Check out this thread as it tells you the functions of different types of protein as it relates to your hair.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=114629

I do both. I add hydrolyzed keratin to my relaxer, but I still do my post-rinse pre-neutralizing protein and another one a couple days later.

Back