ORS Replenishing Conditioner possibly a heavy protein?

JaszG

Last night I washed with CON Sunflower & Coconut Detangling Shampoo, and DCed with ORS Replinishing Conditioner with a conditioning cap for about an hour. While washing it out, my hair felt fine. When it was close to being washed out, I noticed that my hair was beginning to feel a little dry. I decided to follow up with Hairveda 24/7 Moist Conditioner. That is when my hair began to feel matted and tangled. I tried a few things to get it to feel somewhat normal, (DCing with heat with Humectress) and it still felt crazy. I ended up just rewashing with the CON and applying my leave ins. Now that it is dry, it feels really good! Hardly any hair in the comb, and really soft. I have seen reviews on the ORS Replinishing Conditioner and noticed that most consider it to be light protein. Is it possible that this could be a heavy protein for me, or should I have not tried to follow up with another conditioner?

ETA: This is my first time using this, I usually use the Aphogee Two Minute Reconstructor.

Last edited:
Update: Initially my hair felt soft, then it started feeling SUPER DRY!!! My hair hadn't felt like that in a while. I cowashed with mixed silk, and my hair feels somewhat normal again.

It's not a strong protein conditioner at all...

When is the last time you clarified your hair? It could be buildup from the conditioner and CON shampoo (it's the moisturizing one right?). I use ORS mixed with LeKair cholesterol for my moisturizing conditioner and every few weeks I have to clarify or hair will start to feel weird.

I don't find so, to me its very mild. I use it as a moisture DC. I find it much milder than the Aphogee 2 minute. Sorry you had that reaction, I absolutely love that stuff.

No way its a protein. It makes my hair feel super-moisturized. I just used it last night to deep condition.

You seem to be putting a lot of stuff in your hair. You need to clarify. Product build-up is what it's called. Well thats how I solve that problem.

it is not a heavy protein I luv this as a moisturizing conditioner, it leaves my hair softer and more noisturied than conditioners that are meant to be moisturizing. Though I think my hair luv certain proteins like ors replen, and aphogee 2 min both leave me extra softed and moisturized. I must agree with the ladies before it is possible tht you have product build up.

OP you think that shampoo caused the dryness? does so for me, the ingredients kinda suck

but the ORS for my hair is quite moisturizing; I recognize that it is a light protein condiiish, but it's the most detangling commercial conditioner ever

Thanks for the responses guys! I went and got ORS Aloe Shampoo, and clarified. I did an overnight DC, and my hair is back to feeling normal!

It has Hydrolyzed Collagen in it, so it has traces of protein in it. You've clarified now so hopefully that will help, but maybe in future just don't leave it on as long.

I love this conditioner, it gets the job done...moisture+strength & the smell is so yummy...def a staple of mine.

ORS is considered a light protein. Two things come to mind though. One, if you are heavy handed with your product application, make sure you are fully rinsing out all of the product. Second, I agree with the suggestions to clarify as that seems to correct issues with product laying on the hair.

Back