ORS Pak 23oz-New bottle/ingredients?

Natural Glow

Has anyone used the ORS Replenishing Conditioner in the new bottle? The one I used to get from the BSS looked like this

I just picked up a new bottle from Sally's and it looks like this

and the ingredients are slightly different. Hopefully it will work the same.

I'm deep conditioning with it right now (the first bottle) and it works the same as the individual packs. Were you able to compare the ingredients?

haven't seen that second bottle and i really hope they didn't mess with it b/c i freakin' love that DC

I'm deep conditioning with it right now (the first bottle) and it works the same as the individual packs. Were you able to compare the ingredients?

The first one is the one I have been using and it did work the same as the Paks.The 2nd one is the new bottle with the slightly different ingredients and the one I'm not sure about.

I think it was just a few of the ingredients were moved around on the list and a few were taken out/added. No huge changes but still...

I guess I'll see tomorrow when I use it.

The first one is the one I have been using and it did work the same as the Paks.The 2nd one is the new bottle with the slightly different ingredients and the one I'm not sure about.

I think it was just a few of the ingredients were moved around on the list and a few were taken out/added. No huge changes but still...

I guess I'll see tomorrow when I use it.

Please let us know how it goes. This is my first time ever seeing the large bottle in the store. Now I'm going to go back to Sally's and grab another because I love love love the original formula and would be very upset if I had to use an inferior formula.

Really? I believe this is the second time they change the ingredients:( I soooo hate when companies do this. Can you post ingredients to both? Thanks

I saw an ad in a magazine at the salon. The hook line was "same great product, new packaging" or something along those lines. From the ad, it looked like they were re-packaging a few of the products. But like the other ladies, I'm hoping they didn't mess with it significantly, because my hair will MOST DEFINITELY be able to tell the difference.

This is my STAPLE!! This is the one conditioner that i would need if stranded on an island.

What you mean they changed it up? PLEASE post both ingredient labels...Why mess up a good thing??!!

Really? I believe this is the second time they change the ingredients:( I soooo hate when companies do this. Can you post ingredients to both? Thanks

OLD: Water Aqua , Soybean Oil (Glycine Soja), Glycerine , Olive Oil (Olea Europaea) , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , DMDM Hydantoin , Amino Silk Acid , Dimethicone Copolyol , Orange Oil (Citrus Aupantium Dulcis) , D'Limonene , Panthenol Vitamin B5 , Dimethicone , EDTA , Chamomile Extract (Anthemis Nobilis) , Sage Extract (Salvia Officinalis) , Nettle Extract Urtica Dioica , Rosemary Extract Rosmarinus Officinalis , Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe Barbedensis) , Yarrow Extract (Achilea Millefolium) , Kiwi Extract (Actinidia Chinensis) , Polyquaternium-37 , Trideceth-7 , Triethanolamine , Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans , Methylchlorosothiazolinone , Methylchlorothiazolinone , Yellow No. 6 CI 15985,Yellow No. 5 CI 19140

NEW: AQUA (WATER), GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, GLYCERIN, OKEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) OIL, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, QUATERNIUM-80, POLYQUATERNIUM-37, PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, PPG-1 TRIDECETH6, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) OIL, PANTHENOL (VITAMIN B-5), AMINO SILK ACID, PEG-9 DIMETHICONE, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE) EXTRACT, SALVIA OFFICINALIS (SAGE) EXTRACT, URTICA DIOICA (NETTLE) EXTRACT, ROSMARINUS OFFICINAUS (ROSEMARY EXTRACT, ALOE BARBEDENSIS LEAF JUICE, ACHEILEA MILLEFOLIUM (YARROW) EXTRACT, ACTINIDIA CHINENSIS (KIWI) FRUIT JUICE, DIMETHICON, HYDROLYZED GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANS, EDTA, TRIETHANOLAMNE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, CI 15985 (YELLOW #6), CI 19140 (YELLOW #5)

We discussed this in another thread recently.

They haven't changed the products.

The 23oz bottle and the 12.25 oz bottles are two DIFFERENT formulas.

The 23oz bottle is the identical formula that's in the Replenishing pack. It's the same one that's been there. The 12.25 oz is a relatively new sized bottle being offered and the formula is a different.

We discussed this in another thread recently.

They haven't changed the products.

The 23oz bottle and the 12.25 oz bottles are two DIFFERENT formulas.

The 23oz bottle is the identical formula that's in the Replenishing pack. It's the same one that's been there. The 12.25 oz is a relatively new sized bottle being offered and the formula is a different.

Both of my bottles are 23 oz. the first set of ingredients is from my first bottle the second set is from my second bottle. Two different sets of ingredients same size. I've never seen the 12.25 oz size.

Both of my bottles are 23 oz. the first set of ingredients is from my first bottle the second set is from my second bottle. Two different sets of ingredients same size. I've never seen the 12.25 oz size.

Oh okay.

The bottles you posted were the 23oz and the 12.25 oz (both of which I have). I thought those were the bottles you were talking about.

I haven't even seen one of the bottles with the colorful print in a 23oz size. :nono:

It's a recession and I have been trying to keep from buying hair products. Please don't tell me I might have to go stock up on the "Professional Formula" bottles in case they decide to get rid of them.

These mofos at ORS are about to make me get on the phone and have it out with them. :ohwell:

Does your 23oz bottle with the new label say "Professional Formula?"

Oh okay.

The bottles you posted were the 23oz and the 12.25 oz (both of which I have). I thought those were the bottles you were talking about.

I haven't even seen one of the bottles with the colorful print in a 23oz size. :nono:

It's a recession and I have been trying to keep from buying hair products. Please don't tell me I might have to go stock up on the "Professional Formula" bottles in case they decide to get rid of them.

These mofos at ORS are about to make me get on the phone and have it out with them. :ohwell:

LOL :lachen:@ the bold. But Yeah you're right that colorful one I posted was a pic of the 12.25 oz bottle cause it is what my new 23 oz looks like. I couldn't even find a pic online of the bottle I have. I guess that's what caused the confusion. Sorry.

But the bottle says: Organic Root Salon at the top in the red. From the makers of Organic Root Stimulator: Olive Oil Professional Replenishing Conditioner in the middle of the bottle.

LOL :lachen:@ the bold. But Yeah you're right that colorful one I posted was a pic of the 12.25 oz bottle cause it is what my new 23 oz looks like. I couldn't even find a pic online of the bottle I have. I guess that's what caused the confusion. Sorry.

But the bottle says: Organic Root Salon at the top in the red. From the makers of Organic Root Stimulator: Olive Oil Professional Replenishing Conditioner in the middle of the bottle.

First my CON, now THIS. :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Oh okay.

co-signing.......:yep:

I bought the second bottle a couple of months ago and have been using it every other week. I get the same results as when I used the little paks. I've never used the conditioner in the first bottle.

I bought the second bottle a couple of months ago and have been using it every other week. I get the same results as when I used the little paks. I've never used the conditioner in the first bottle.

I bought the 2nd bottle (the 12.25 oz) OP posted when I was on my way to the Dominicans one time I didn't have time to wash my hair. Since the Dominicans did it, I didn't feel my hair while it was wet so I can't really tell the results. Once it was dry, it was fine.

I'm going to use the 12.25 oz bottle this week so that I can compare it.

I'm not surprized that they would change the formula yet again! ORS hasn't been the same since it first came out about 4 or 5 years ago when it contained marine protein, thus I have a love/hate relationship with this product but as of late it's been a hate relationship.

Just when I thought I found a staple, fools go changin stuff, why can't they leave well enough alone daggonit? Now I gotta go stalk out my BSS before they replace it:wallbash:
Thanks ORS:rolleyes:

I have never seen the first bottle before. The replenishing packs that I have been using for years look just like the second bottle, (the one that you are calling the new bottle).

Well i did use the 'new' bottle yesterday. It seemed the same but i'll have to try it a few more times to be sure.

I'm not surprized that they would change the formula yet again! ORS hasn't been the same since it first came out about 4 or 5 years ago when it contained marine protein, thus I have a love/hate relationship with this product but as of late it's been a hate relationship.

co-signing.....back when they had the marine protein and something else in it, I loved this as a pre-poo and so did my hair.

OLD: Water Aqua , Soybean Oil (Glycine Soja), Glycerine , Olive Oil (Olea Europaea) , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Quaternium-80 , DMDM Hydantoin , Amino Silk Acid , Dimethicone Copolyol , Orange Oil (Citrus Aupantium Dulcis) , D'Limonene , Panthenol Vitamin B5 , Dimethicone , EDTA , Chamomile Extract (Anthemis Nobilis) , Sage Extract (Salvia Officinalis) , Nettle Extract Urtica Dioica , Rosemary Extract Rosmarinus Officinalis , Aloe Vera Gel (Aloe Barbedensis) , Yarrow Extract (Achilea Millefolium) , Kiwi Extract (Actinidia Chinensis) , Polyquaternium-37 , Trideceth-7 , Triethanolamine , Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans , Methylchlorosothiazolinone , Methylchlorothiazolinone , Yellow No. 6 CI 15985,Yellow No. 5 CI 19140

NEW: AQUA (WATER), GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, GLYCERIN, OKEA EUROPAEA (OLIVE) OIL, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, QUATERNIUM-80, POLYQUATERNIUM-37, PROPYLENE GLYCOL DICAPRYLATE/DICAPRATE, PPG-1 TRIDECETH6, CITRUS AURANTIUM DULCIS (ORANGE) OIL, PANTHENOL (VITAMIN B-5), AMINO SILK ACID, PEG-9 DIMETHICONE, ANTHEMIS NOBILIS (CHAMOMILE) EXTRACT, SALVIA OFFICINALIS (SAGE) EXTRACT, URTICA DIOICA (NETTLE) EXTRACT, ROSMARINUS OFFICINAUS (ROSEMARY EXTRACT, ALOE BARBEDENSIS LEAF JUICE, ACHEILEA MILLEFOLIUM (YARROW) EXTRACT, ACTINIDIA CHINENSIS (KIWI) FRUIT JUICE, DIMETHICON, HYDROLYZED GLYCOSAMINOGLYCANS, EDTA, TRIETHANOLAMNE, DMDM HYDANTOIN, METHYLCHLOROISOTHIAZOLINONE, METHYLISOTHIAZOLINONE, CI 15985 (YELLOW #6), CI 19140 (YELLOW #5)

Looks like they took out those cones up in the Old List (and replaced with a PEG- further down). I think I may actually like the ingredient list of the new formula better. I just may have to try it out again.

Last edited:
Do they both smell like. I have the 23oz bottle but have not used it yet, I wil tomorrow though.

Back