ORS OLIVE OIL LYE USERS PLEASE HELP?!?!?

lovelychar

First off sorry for the long post. And yes there is another thread on this. but I'm very informative just to get the best response.

I'm no rookie at doing relaxers, I do hair part time in my home or others (not licensed, but have been doing so for over 10 yrs) but I don't switch often either. So any suggestions or recommendations are all welcome.

Background: Previously a Motions girl only do lye (yall all no the benefits of it), but wanted to try something different and to correct my underprocessed areas along my hair shaft that is causing breakage and mad tangles. As you can see this will be so hard to do and determine what parts to buffer with conditioner or not.I heard such great reviews on Affirm, Mizani and Design Essentials, but they are way to costly for just me and I don't relax often. So I decided to go with Olive Oil lye, a super big bottle of the replenishing conditioner (the no-lye comes with the packs), and a olive oil neutralizing poo with conditioners and color code (by Isoplus though, the BSS was out of the Olive Oil brand, plus the Olive Oil brand didn't even have the added conditioners, it was just a plain ol neutralizing poo like any other)

Just like its listed on the relax sticky is how I have always applied relaxers and plan to do the protein conditioning step 2 whick is conditioning for a few min before neutralizing with the replenishing cond. Do it again after neutralizing and follow up with a moisturizing cond. Probably Silk elements moisturizing hair mask. Ia lso know that using a protein conditioner on the already processed areas will help with overlapping, but don't know if the protein that is in the replenishing conditioner is strong enough (amino silk acid)

-I want to correct these underprocessed areas but not over process the already processed areas of my hair strands.

-Tips on how to do this are welcomed. And any users of this relaxer and their results are definietly welcomed

-And does anyone know if the replenishing conditioner is strong enough protein in it to use as a protein buffer for the processed areas?

I haven't used the lye before but I can tell you a little about some of the other questions you asked.

The replenishing pak is super moisturizing and helps to detangle, so I would use something else for protein. Use the pack and then determine if you still need the SE conditioner because the pak does wonders for moisture.

That's really all I can answer, I would look at the Self-Relax sticky for help processing the underprocessed areas.

I agree with what was said about ORS replenishing being mostly moisturizing. I use ORS lye and ORS replenishing, and I would say that you should use something else for the mid protein step too.

Back