ORLANDO, FL

caramelty

Hey are there any ladies out there that lives near or in Orlando? I will be down there april 13-17 and I am getting my hair done before I leave but I would like to get it done again on the 15th while I am down there. I would like to go to a Dom shop...Thanks in advance

caramelty said:
Hey are there any ladies out there that lives near or in Orlando? I will be down there april 13-17 and I am getting my hair done before I leave but I would like to get it done again on the 15th while I am down there. I would like to go to a Dom shop...Thanks in advance
I cant remember the name but there were two mentionned in the salon thread. Type in "orlando" and see what you get. Im sorry I couldn't give you one outright since I stopped going to my stylist 6 months ago.
HTH!

Hi,

My sister goes to Mr. Eli's in Altamonte Springs and I think Salon Dominicano in Orlando. I don't know which one she prefers, but I'll ask her and post the answer and their info later

Edited to add:

She said she goes to Mr. Eli's and a blow out is $15, but you should call first because only one person does them (407-774-7110) and they're at 434 and 436 (highways, I guess). Salon Dominicano charges about $30 and it's at Bumby and Colonial near downtown, but she's happy w/Mr. Eli's. HTH

Last edited:
Ok even though Im from Orlando (I moved several years ago) and the hair world has definitely changed. Everytime I go back I see people with bad weaves and horrible doo's so Im advising you to wait until you get home to get your hair done.

sky_blu said:
Ok even though Im from Orlando (I moved several years ago) and the hair world has definitely changed. Everytime I go back I see people with bad weaves and horrible doo's so Im advising you to wait until you get home to get your hair done.

LOL, HEY! I live in Orlando and I resent that! :lol: Nah, actually u are right, Im not one of them, but a lot of women here looove some ghettofabulous do's. Last summer I remember they were wearing those quick weaves with all kinds of colors in them, with like a press n curl on one side, fingerwave in the front and ponytail on the other side....LOL. I never could understand it....

For the record my stylist only did the weaves that looked natural. She was an older lady and preferred classy styles. I wouldn't have gone to her if she would make me look bad. I've had two like that in Orlando.

I used to go to Mr. Eli (Felicia), the price is good, but your hair is left very dry (in my opinion).

I go to Sense of Beauty Salon in Longwood. it is off of 434. They do a great job and you dont have to be in there for more than two hours like other salons (i.e. Maria's Unisex-434-Longwood).

I will have to update you with a number.

Leslie_C said:
LOL, HEY! I live in Orlando and I resent that! :lol: Nah, actually u are right, Im not one of them, but a lot of women here looove some ghettofabulous do's. Last summer I remember they were wearing those quick weaves with all kinds of colors in them, with like a press n curl on one side, fingerwave in the front and ponytail on the other side....LOL. I never could understand it....

Hey I was born and raised there. My grandmother owned a salon for over 25 years there (she's semi retired) so she only does clients out of her home now. People who have been clients for yyyeeeaaaaarrrrrrrrrrsssssssss.

ms jadu said:
I used to go to Mr. Eli (Felicia), the price is good, but your hair is left very dry (in my opinion).

I go to Sense of Beauty Salon in Longwood. it is off of 434. They do a great job and you dont have to be in there for more than two hours like other salons (i.e. Maria's Unisex-434-Longwood).

Id like that information too! I need someone to do my blowout for graduation in May. Please pm me!:grin:

ms jadu said:

I feel sooo ashamed I've live in Winter Springs for the past year and a half and I've never been to a salon. I'm going to check out Maria's Unisex for my next relaxer because its like a few min from my house.

simpleDIVA said:
I feel sooo ashamed I've live in Winter Springs for the past year and a half and I've never been to a salon. I'm going to check out Maria's Unisex for my next relaxer because its like a few min from my house.

let me know how u like it :) One of my instructors when I was in school went there and her hair always looked nice.

BTW if anyone in Orlando does know of any good salons where they do a good job with your hair let me know.

I live in Casselberry and went to Salon Alexandria in Oviedo for about a year. They have a stylist there named Bobbi who does great hair and color but she is very scissor happy.

I am currently doing my own hair to try to retain length as I use MTG.

There is another salon called Trends on 17-92 (Fernpark). The older stylist there does great hair. Just watch the people who come in to see her. They have long healthly hair! Avoid the younger woman who does braids b/c she doesn't have clue! Bobbi use to work there but she has since gone to Salon Alexandria.

Yall are a MESS! lol.......I know I am going to have to get my hair done again while I am down there. I will try Salon Dominicano or Mr. Eli's. THanks ladies I will let yall know if I am mad as heck when I return. I am not going until April though. I talked my aunt into going with me also.

Back