Optimum, Affirm , Or ORS RELAXER help me choose!

Which Relaxer do you PREFER?

• ORS no lye

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Affirm fiberguard sensitive scalp

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Optimum Care anti breakage

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gissellr78

Hey ladies help me out i am currently a ORS relaxer user but i want to try another one...If you have use Optimum anti breakage or Affirm let me know what u think.

I have been getting Affirm all of my adult life and always had dry hair afterwards. I am going to Mizani Butter Blends bcuz I heard it more moisturizing. I am currently 7 mos post and will not be relaxing until I am 12 mos (trying to give my hair a break).

HTH

I actually really like ORS but these other two claim stronger hair :ohwell:

Are the other two no lye as well? If they are lye relaxers then you may have less dryness because no lye relaxers leave calcium deposits in the hair.

Have you compared the ingredients to your ORS and seen any profound differences that would affect your hair positively or negatively?

I really like affirm and I do use it with no problems but I have a hard time getting it. I did use ORS last time and that went well. I don't know your hair type though.

Are the other two no lye as well? If they are lye relaxers then you may have less dryness because no lye relaxers leave calcium deposits in the hair.

Have you compared the ingredients to your ORS and seen any profound differences that would affect your hair positively or negatively?

I only use no lye..Lye relaxers kill my scalp and am left underprocessed because i cant take it. fire!

I don't have dryness that i can say it was caused by a relaxer.

I only use no lye..Lye relaxers kill my scalp and am left underprocessed because i cant take it. fire!

I don't have dryness that i can say it was caused by a relaxer.

Well have you compared the ingredients in the other two to your ORS? I know they claim stronger hair, but you should probably try to figure out if there are specific ingredients that do that or is it just a marketing ploy.

I absolutely love Optimum Care Anti-Breakage and usually end up driving all around the island just to find it in Regular! Substituted one time with ORS:nono: did not like the results.........hair felt different.....:perplexed. Anyhoo I have been using Optimum relaxer for about 6 or so years (ever since I started self-relaxing).

Personally if you are not having any problems with the ORS I would not switch (especially if you are going to another no-lye relaxer). The choice is up to you though:yep:

Btw your hair is beautiful!!! (stalked ya fotki a few times:yep:) I would love to get that fullness/thickness to my hair!!!!

I tried the Optimum Anti Breakage for the first time last saturday. It was absolutly wonderful, my hair was very soft, bouncy, and shiny afterwards. And yes my hair feels alot stronger now. I say give optimum a try, i'm sure you'll love it as much as i did:yep:

Back