Oprah Transformations---Black Women Just Gotta Have Weave?

Transformer

http://lifestyle.msn.com/beautyandf...howoprah.aspx?cp-documentid=7032894&GT1=32001

O.K. I'm pissed right now. I hate transfromations shows where they never work with a Black woman's natural hair. I mean not a single one---where's the damn MAJIC stylist.....I think I can sew in a weave!

Why does looking good for Black women mean wearing a sign that says MADE IN CHINA!

And by they way the weaves are so fake looking. How are we ever to have self-esteem if our "make-over" requires us to wear someone else's hair! Oprah please...can't you work with OUR hair!

They always do this. For make overs - it is never natrual hair. Hell, Oprah wears wigs - except in the summer.

The first lady - the ER doctor - had gorgeous hair before.

:nono:

http://lifestyle.msn.com/beautyandf...howoprah.aspx?cp-documentid=7032894&GT1=32001

O.K. I'm pissed right now. I hate transfromations shows where they never work with a Black woman's natural hair. I mean not a single one---where's the damn MAJIC stylist.....I think I can sew in a weave!

Why does looking good for Black women mean wearing a sign that says MADE IN CHINA!

And by they way the weaves are so fake looking. How are we ever to have self-esteem if our "make-over" requires us to wear someone else's hair! Oprah please...can't you work with OUR hair!

IDK, this may be an unpopular stance but this is one of the reasons why I can't stand Oprah. :nono: I have no desire to watch her show :barf:

They didn't add a weave to the Doctor's hair

and the second black woman with the short hair requested a weave

Ditto. I was wondering what missing when I looked at the transformations. The doctor had her hair lightened and looks like it was set in large loose curls. The second woman does not have natural hair. It's relaxed and damaged with color. I don't think her extensions look that bad compared to her before picture.

They didn't add a weave to the Doctor's hair

and the second black woman with the short hair requested a weave

the doctors hair is nice on the after picture as well as the before!

and I actually liked the weave on the second lady too. :look:

im not playin devil's advocate. . . BUT i'd put money on the only people working on our hair are white folks. . . gotta give them something they know how to work with when it comes to us. . . and that is only yaky or something else that is similar to their own.

O.K. I blew it! I thought the picture of IMAN was THE transformation...that's what I get for using the internet while at work!

Ditto. I was wondering what missing when I looked at the transformations. The doctor had her hair lightened and looks like it was set in large loose curls. The second woman does not have natural hair. It's relaxed and damaged with color. I don't think her extensions look that bad compared to her before picture.

Thank you! I actually watched that episode when it premiered last year. I think they did a fantastic job with the ladies. Their hair all look better and in my opinion, IN MY OPINION, not at all fake. If most black women had nice, healthy hair then there'd be no need for weaves. As we all know that's not the case and won't be the case years from now. The healthy hair movement is slowing gaining momentum.

actually. . . take that back. I see the picture and 3 of the 5 pictured are black. . .

so yep, it's brainwashing.

I actually think the makeovers are fine! There is nothing so hard or deep to read here. It is a makeover, and just that! Hell, I want to know what they would do to me.:lachen:Now, if they walked out with weave galore all the way down to their knees, then maybe it would be an issue. Change is good! They also do non-black women the same way. There is nothing wrong with a little change.:grin:

I actually think the makeovers are fine! There is nothing so hard or deep to read here. It is a makeover, and just that! Hell, I want to know what they would do to me.:lachen:Now, if they walked out with weave galore all the way down to their knees, then maybe it would be an issue. Change is good! They also do non-black women the same way. There is nothing wrong with a little change.:grin:

Thank you!! ITA! That's the great thing about getting a weave; the ability to change your look dramatically w/o having to do anything with your hair! I think the makeovers look great!

I guess I'm not into DRAMATIC makeovers. If I was on the show, I would want a BETTER EVERYDAY look.

I know I'm Cinderella, but I only go to the ball once a year! I would also like to know how to look better with what I have.

Not to be ugly, but whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat was up with Jeanne's (the second black lady's) before pic? I know they always try to make people look as broke down as possible before the makeover, but why did they have her on there looking like :hair: + :rolleyes:? Even though her hair wasn't the length she wanted, that shouldn't be used to take away from the fact that she is a beautiful woman who (when styled properly) probably had a chic, trendy hair style. Don't get me wrong, I'm not getting ready to boycott Oprah or anything, I'm just making an observation. :)

It's funny though...In these makeover shows, black women are normally 'rescued' :hair:with hair extensions and the white women get a nice HAIRCUT :rolleyes:.

Back