Opinions Needed

honeycomb719

Ok, ladies my fro is finally long enough that I can now start playing around with natural styling options. Please check out the new pics I posted today in my album. Im open to ALL honest opinions. I dont wanna be playing myself if I'm truly looking foolish.
Critique as needed. My skin is thick so dont worry about being offensive.:look:

i like your curly ponytail. i saw a girl the other day with an afro that was soooooooo cute, she had a scarf tied around the top of it with the back portion of the fro coming out of the scarf. the fro kinda fanned out at the top. it's like that picture in kizzylonghair's siggy. i really like that style!!! it's sooooo sassy.

Last edited:
I love your twistout with the scarf. Girl go ahead and strut your stuff because that style is really you! The scarf and earrings are really cute as well.

I'm transitioning now but I hope to cut out the relaxer in the next couple of months. Then I'll hit you back for encouragement.:lol:

lmjenk67 said:
I love your twistout with the scarf. Girl go ahead and strut your stuff because that style is really you! The scarf and earrings are really cute as well.

I'm transitioning now but I hope to cut out the relaxer in the next couple of months. Then I'll hit you back for encouragement.:lol:

Good luck in your transition. The last few mths are the hardest IMO. You will know when its time, cause your will be feed up to your eyelids with the 2 textures :lol:

i love the twist out w/scarf look! You look sooo stylish!! Have fun experimenting on new styles with your nice length!!!

I was going to stay the scarf look also and I see most of the ladies have mentioned it already! It looks really cute on you! :D Since your newly natural and your hair is still growing out you probably can rock similar styles with diff colored scarfs etc until it gets a little bit longer and can be more versatile.

Aww thanx ladies. I got good reviews from some of my classmates. My one friend she's usually pretty critical, but she like the look also.
Ok, I'll be wearing this look to work in the morning:lol: . Today was the trial run:D

That is really cute! ( I wish I could braid )

I can roll my hair with those satin puffy rollers and get something quite similar but i don't do that too often because it can be really drying:(

I think the style becomes you, and showcases how pretty your hair is, so strut on chica!

BTW where'd you get that scarf? Its really hot!

-A

Arcadian said:
That is really cute! ( I wish I could braid )

I can roll my hair with those satin puffy rollers and get something quite similar but i don't do that too often because it can be really drying:(

I think the style becomes you, and showcases how pretty your hair is, so strut on chica!

BTW where'd you get that scarf? Its really hot!

-A

Thanx Arcadian. I got this scalf from your everyday Korean BBS:lol: Cheap too only 3 bucks:D . I cant want to wear the cute pink I bought too.

I like the twistout and scarf too, it cute! And you know you need to donate those earrings to one of my fave. organizations NAGNE (NurseN98 Ain't Got No Earrings)

honeycomb719 said:
:lol: :lol: @ the lack of replies. I must be lookin a HOT MESS!!!!
I ain't going to even front, I want your scarf and eyebrows! You are wearing that scarf and twistout, and looking fierce! I can't wait until my hair grows that length so I can rock a twistout. I got too much shrinkage right now.
I'm very impressed honeycomb! Keep on struttin yo stuff! :)

I hope to get better with time. Im an amaetuer with these twist, so hopeful I can get some more defined looking twist. I was searching for some threads that gave some good how to tips, but couldnt find any. Ive just been lurking in some naturals albums hoping to get some good tips.
It bed time, and I knew if I put a scalf on it as is, it would be just a matted fro by morning so I just re-twisted all over but I didnt make any parts, I just grabbed and twisted:lol: . Was that right? Or is there a better way to get the twistouts to last?

jasmine26 said:
i love the twist out w/scarf look! You look sooo stylish!! Have fun experimenting on new styles with your nice length!!!

Jasmine your hair is so full and long. I wouldnt know what to do with syself if I had all that her girly...plus you wouldnt be able to tell me NOTHING:lol:

honeycomb719 said:
:lol: :lol: @ the lack of replies. I must be lookin a HOT MESS!!!!

mmmm....hmmmmm... you ain't slick - you know that twistout is fantabulous- dem Detroit chicks always fishin fa compliments and stuff!

I'm not sure if you used the ORS twist and lock gel, but it helps keep the twistouts defined longer.

JCoily said:
mmmm....hmmmmm... you ain't slick - you know that twistout is fantabulous- dem Detroit chicks always fishin fa compliments and stuff!

I'm not sure if you used the ORS twist and lock gel, but it helps keep the twistouts defined longer.

Thanx JCoily, just needed that extra boost to get my confidence for going natural an nekkid out to the world:lol: . I used Miss Jessie's Curly Pudding. It has my hair feeling really moisturized.

Hey honeycomb719 congrats on being natural. I agree with everyone else about the scarf and twist out. :)

Have you thought about doing bantu set? I think you might get a bit more fullness, height and stretch with it. But besides that keep doin' what you doin Ma.:D

People love the fro/scarf look when I wear it too (which is daily) and it looks fabulous on you. I'm sure you'll get (are getting) lots of compliments.
I haven't mastered twists, but I love twistouts, because it lasts for three days.

Back