Opening an Online Shop for Ladies in Europe

velvet

I'll be ordering products in the next two weeks and I need suggestions on MUST HAVES for every hair type- especially transitioners and ladies who wear braids and wigs.

Any ideas are appreciated.

The brands I have in the works are:

Activate
African Royale
Aphogee
Aubrey Organics
BBD
Blended Beauty
Capilo
Creme of Nature
Elasta QP
Elucence
Jessicurl
Kenra
KeraCare
Kinky Curly
Motions
Queen Helene
Silicon Mix
Suave

Certain brands I haven't bothered with because the shops already sell them.

I'll also be offering, combs, brushes, satin sleep bonnets, clips, hot combs, the maxi and mini glide flat iron.

What am I missing?

These are the products I would like to be able to find easier

lacio lacio
emergencia
nacidit
qhemet
aubrey organics
pantene r&n range
salerm

Qhemet
Keracare
Nexxus
Fantasia IC gel (blue one esp!)
Curls Curl
Miss Jessies
Devacurl
Oyin
Hair Zings! I love them :drunk:
Shea Butter
Bumble & Bumble

Mariposa Imports has a lot of products on its website. Its based in the Netherlands. Its great for us European ladies!! :grin:

http://www.mariposa-import.eu/webshop/

thats the website!

Last edited:
If you're looking to stock lye relaxers Affirm would be great.

I'm glad you have BBD on that list, I was looking at it last night.

Also the Vitapointe www.vitapointe.com

We have our own UK version but 30ml tubes is not working, need the d*mn jars.:yep:

Mariposa's shipping is crazy...sorry! But I will be glad to see some of the products already listed here as I can only see american sites that sell them at the moment.

Activate
African Royale
Aphogee
Aubrey Organics
BBD
Blended Beauty
Capilo
Creme of Nature
Elasta QP
Elucence
Jessicurl
Kenra
KeraCare
Kinky Curly
Motions
Queen Helene
Silicon Mix
Suave

I'll also be offering, combs, brushes, satin sleep bonnets, clips, hot combs, the maxi and mini glide flat iron.

What am I missing?

Qhemet
Keracare
Nexxus
Curls Curl
Miss Jessies
Devacurl
Oyin
Shea Butter
Bumble & Bumble

Mariposa Imports has a lot of products on its website. Its based in the Netherlands. Its great for us European ladies!! :grin:

thats the website!

We in the UK have the bolded. Would it make sense doing the whole Oyin thing since they ship internationally anyway? Just a thought...

As I'm using it as we speak. Neutrogena Triple Moisture.

Especially the serum. Everytime I go to the US I have to bring tons back. I e-mailed Neutrogena when this line first came out and they said they have no intention of bringing it over here.

DOM PRODUCTS!!!!Conditioners and rines. (Miss Keys, La Bomba, Capilo etc)
Curlformers (definitely)
Scented Boundless Tresses
Afro detangler - think she's looking for UK distribution maybe you can package the stuff in smaller, cheaper batches - i'm almost out:yep:
PIBBS? - I really need a good standing dryer so...
good heat cap
Silk Amino Acid
Honestly most other products I use I get here easily enough

BTW if anyone knows where I can easily get a hold of these please let me know :yep::)

The whole Neutrogena triple Moisure Line.

Afro Detangler.

BBD- I've been wanting to try the flat out lotion for the longest time but you may find it difficult to stock BBD products.

Will the Maxiglide have the correct voltage and plug pins for the uk?

Please let us when your site will be up and running.

1. I definitely will stock Curlformers. Is any particular size more desirable?

2. Which of these spray bottles catches your eye? I have a great supplier for these kinds of things- but there are so many options . . .

Yay!! I am so glad that you'll open an online shop.

Here are some items that I can suggest:
  1. CURLFORMERS!!:grin:
  2. Spray bottles so that those of us who want to mix up stuff can do so. Like the ones available in amazon.co.uk which for some unknown reason they refuse to ship to mainland Europe http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss...search-alias=aps&field-keywords=spray+bottles
  3. Boundless Tresses
If I think of anything else I will post.

I've seen Mariposa-import. It's part of the reason I wasn't going to offer Qhemet and Oyin at this point . . .

Are you more interested in styling products from the brands you listed or the basics, ie. shampoos and conditioners.

Qhemet
Keracare
Nexxus
Curls Curl
Miss Jessies
Devacurl
Oyin
Shea Butter
Bumble & Bumble

thats the website!

My original post was so tiny that I wanted to make sure I could read what you have bold:

African Royale
Aphogee
Aubrey Organics
Blended Beauty
Creme of Nature
Elasta QP
Kera Care
Motions
Queen Helene
?????

I'm in Scandinavia- so it's hard or impossible to easily get a hold of many of these brands, especially if you don't live in a major city.:perplexed

We in the UK have the bolded. Would it make sense doing the whole Oyin thing since they ship internationally anyway? Just a thought...

Yeah- The guy from BBD is hard to get a hold of- but I'm not done trying. I love his products!

Maxiglide- It will have the correct voltage, but the plug is not UK- it will fit other Euro sockets tho. You'll just need an adaptor- and I'll list that in the product description (thanks for reminding me).

Hopefully everything will be ready in the next month. The website is completed- now I'm just waiting for the holidays to be over so that I can place some more orders. And then there is the baby that should introduce herself any day now:grin:.

But as soon as it's official- you'll know!

The whole Neutrogena triple Moisure Line.

Afro Detangler.

BBD- I've been wanting to try the flat out lotion for the longest time but you may find it difficult to stock BBD products.

Will the Maxiglide have the correct voltage and plug pins for the uk?

Please let us when your site will be up and running.

Activate
African Royale
Aphogee
Aubrey Organics
BBD
Blended Beauty
Capilo
Creme of Nature
Elasta QP
Elucence
Jessicurl
Kenra
KeraCare
Kinky Curly
Motions
Queen Helene
Silicon Mix
Suave

What am I missing?

the bold is fantastic. i cannot find them in the uk and i'm wary of buying from the states on ebay. i would most likely buy the maxi from your online store. i can't think of anything to add, you've got a great range of products, imo. if i think of anything, i will add it later.

Hi Velvet

A few ladies have already mentioned but, I would like to see the following:

Lacio Lacio leave in
Miss Keyes 10 en 1
Silicon Mix
Neutrogene Triple Moisture
Edited: Would also like Aubury Organics conditioner
Giovani Direct Leave In

I may come back with more if I remember anything else.....

PS. LOVE your fotki :yep:

Last edited:
I like the plastic bottles, small size about 300ml and also the aluminium ones - long like they would last long and look good in my bathroom :grin:

The most important thing for me is that the pump spray works well.

1. I definitely will stock Curlformers. Is any particular size more desirable?

2. Which of these spray bottles catches your eye? I have a great supplier for these kinds of things- but there are so many options . . .

Thanx ladies for all of your input!

I'll do my best to include your suggestions- it may take a couple of months to get everything (at a good price), but this is a dream of mine and I'm committed to doing it.:yep:

I don't know if it's against the rules that I announce the store's opening on the site, but I will ask the moderators. Just in case- I will send any ladies who responded a pm as soon as the store opens.

Hi Velvet. If the basics + styling products can be included in your site, it would be a huge help! I know it'll be challenging, so I'll be comfortable with anything really!!

[I didnt know Oyin shipped internationally! thanx Crissi:grin:]

Marisposa Imports can be a bit expensive on the shipping part of it. I only bought the Qhemet Alma & Olive heavy cream...and i love it! So if it can be inc, that would be awesome.

As for the maxiglide. My GHD and Reminigton does a GREAT job at straightening my natural hair!! Jus as an input sake!

Yeah- The guy from BBD is hard to get a hold of- but I'm not done trying. I love his products!

Maxiglide- It will have the correct voltage, but the plug is not UK- it will fit other Euro sockets tho. You'll just need an adaptor- and I'll list that in the product description (thanks for reminding me).

Hopefully everything will be ready in the next month. The website is completed- now I'm just waiting for the holidays to be over so that I can place some more orders. And then there is the baby that should introduce herself any day now:grin:.

But as soon as it's official- you'll know!

I'd def be interested in a Maxiglide. Ladies sourcing an adaptor is a few quid and not a problem getting a hold of one.

Back