ONYC Tight Kinky Curly Install

Neala21

Ladies,

It's been awhile since I've really posted...I've been in major lurkmode. I decide to peek out to share a brief update or review on ONYC Tight Kinky Curly hair 3c/4a texture. I did get the hair straightened out (didn't want a bone straight look) but I loved the results. I have a pre-look of the hair uploaded with a few more videos to be posted once they are completed out of editing (to occur in the next 24 hours).

Check out a few pictures below and my youtube page at
IMG_2665.jpg
IMG_2681.jpg
IMG_2658.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/neala

Let me know what you ladies think of the videos and pictures. If you have questions please feel free to ask.

That hair looks really nice.
Like relaxed or flat ironed natural hair.

I thought these were pictures of your natural hair before I read your post. The hair looks nice and I like the ombre effect, cute!

Thanks ladies. Out of all my sewins that I have gotten this one came out the most natural looking for me

I'm planning on getting this hair in a few weeks, your YT vids were part of the reason why I choose this type. It seems to go so well with natural hair.

Neala21 how is the hair holding up? Would you suggest the closure if I want a full with no hair left out? I want to purchase (and have all in my cart) but just want to make sure it is still holding up and whether to get a closure. TIA

I spent a grip on this hair despite looking at the bad reviews on BHM and after 4 weeks it looked crazy, all dry no matter what. It was my first sew in ever so it could have been user error.

Your hair looks pretty OP

The hair does crave water a whole lot and is also a bit particular about the products used on it. I found that the hair does indeed love Canutu Rinse Through Conditioner, Any slip type conditioner (live Vo5/Suave cheapies) and loves coconut oil.

@Neala21 how is the hair holding up? Would you suggest the closure if I want a full with no hair left out? I want to purchase (and have all in my cart) but just want to make sure it is still holding up and whether to get a closure. TIA

The hair has been holding up great. I finally took down my sewin i think like 2 weeks ago as I had it in for a good 6 weeks and was anxious to get my own natural hair wash/flat ironed and trim lol :grin: I think that a closure could be good if you aren't leaving any hair out. I haven't done much research on their closures. I know my sister planned on getting one but hadn't gotten hers yet. I would love to see results.

I will say the hair is particular when it comes to care and wanting water/moisture. When I wore my twist out set, the hair behaved great since I used moisturizing products and sealing it. I am definitiely reusign the hair and plan to make one bundle as clip ins and the other as a partial sew-in cap. HTH

Back