Only using a Leave In Conditioner! Anyone?

SignatureBeauty

My Daughter who is Texlaxed and has the thickest darn hair, but FRAGILE can only use leave In conditioner. Her hair was breaking and shedding so bad, so I tried all kinds of moisurizers even homemade ones etc. we done protein treatments and nothing seemed to work. So we started just doing Conditioner washes about 2-3 times a week, apply John Frieda's Nourshing Leave In and plait it up for the night and cover it, when she wakes up I apply Hairvedas Asha Omega Hair Drops to her scalp, Her hair is so Fluffy and not but 2-3 strands of hair is falling, I have been doing this for the past 2 weeks, but we still do protein with HairVeds Protein Tea.

It seems that shampoo strips her hair and make it tangles so darn bad, and that is even with using Natural Shampoos, So I think I am just gonna use a Clay mask to cleanse and detoxify her scalp. Even with a relaxer her hair is just fluffy, she has hair that will never be straight unless you apply very strong heat. but she hates heat smelling haiir. and we are trying to stretch for like 3-4 months and then hopefully Relax only 2 times a year.

Okay I am sorry I went on rambling, but I don't really post, I just read!

So is anyone else hair like this?

This is pretty much the point I'm at right now. Lately, I'm not using butters or moisturizers. I just leave some conditioner in and bun it. I sometimes use a bit of coconut oil instead. But the less stuff I use, the better my hair does.

I found that shampoo is a must for me, though. I use a shampoo bar about once a week.

It took me a long time to get to this point. I do use henna.

I only shampoo twice a month and my hair feels very dry afterwards. I would say try a moisturizing shampoo if you really need to shampoo her hair. I co-wash almost every day. I can't get away with only adding conditioner and walking out the door because my hair in the front is too frizzy. I try to limit how much product I put in my hair though.

I just started using Hydratherma Naturals [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Amino Clarifying Shampoo and its great, but if I use too much I notice that my hair will get dry. I read the directions wrong, I was only supposed to use a dime sized amount.
[/FONT]

Thanks C. I have some shampoo bars also, I forgot about that LOL!! her hair does fine with those, so I guess I will use the bar once a week. Yes we have coconut oil to and use it. It seems the simpler you go the better your hair, and using heavy butters and moisturizers just didn't work, Now she just wear it back in a little puff and it helps her alot. Hair is in much better condition, we still deep condition and do hot oil treatments because of her dry scalp.

Is there a certain reason why she cannot use a conditioner?

Sounds like a rich, moisturizing deep condition under a plastic cap and heat would really benefit her.

I have thick texlaxed hair and I would not be able to get by without my deep conditions.

Thanks BM!!! I have tried a Moisturizing Shampoo before and it just didn't workout LOL!! maybe down the line I will try one again.

Is there a certain reason why she cannot use a conditioner?

Sounds like a rich, moisturizing deep condition under a plastic cap and heat would really benefit her.

I have thick texlaxed hair and I would not be able to get by without my deep conditions.

Hey HD!! Yeah she uses Conditioner, She loves conditioners, and we also do that deep moisturizing treatment with my hair dryer!! Shampoos just don't seem to work and she will end up with a itchy scalp, but with the conditioner she don't have the itchies.

Hey HD!! Yeah she uses Conditioner, She loves conditioners, and we also do that deep moisturizing treatment with my hair dryer!! Shampoos just don't seem to work and she will end up with a itchy scalp, but with the conditioner she don't have the itchies.

Oh, girl. I totally missed the point. :lol:

I have trouble with shampoos, as well. I use sulfate-free shampoos, unless I am clarifying or neutralizing.

I like the ones I find at health food stores, although right now I am using my Activate hydrating shampoo until I use it all (it has been discontinued :()

I see she has tried those though.

I do have to exfoliate my scalp regularly. I notice the only time I don't have to exfoliate is when I have braids and I am regularly spraying on leave on conditioner.

But as soon as I am out of braids and back to my regular reggie, I notice I must exfoliate. But, I think my problem is from conditioner build up that shampoo alone, even clarifying ones, don't fix. I must separate my hair in sections and in the shower before shampooing, exfoliate my scalp. I have to dot hat every 3-4 weeks. I was using a sugar scrub. I tried baking soda and water the last time and it seemed to work well.

Good luck!

How do you do a sugar scrub? do you use a toothbrush? I had saw the ORS had a scalp scrub, her scalp is like yours.

Thanks HD

How do you do a sugar scrub? do you use a toothbrush? I had saw the ORS had a scalp scrub, her scalp is like yours.

Thanks HD

I have not used the ORS, but it is next on my list to try. It looks very promising. Actually, I think that is going to be my next purchase. I have never used a tooth brush only my fingers.

I was just using a regular sugar scrub in the past. The ones you can buy for my skin. I like any that don't have sulfates and have conditioner like ingredients. It is fun finding one that smells yummy. I like that sugar dissolves and rinses out well. But over time, the container gets sticky and the sugar melts inside because I don’t use it often.

I tried Bain De Terre Sugar & Fig Scalp Scrub, that I got from Ebay, it is good but not as easy to find. I like that it comes in tubes so it doe not melt as fast as tubs of sugar scrub do. I have some extras that will take me forever to use.

PM a mailing address and I can send you a couple of tubes, my treat.

I got the baking soda idea from another member, and it works. Just not as fun as a sweet smelling sugar scrub.

Back